Another example of dangerous driving found at Genting Highlands

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The Satria is probably 2WD also. Unless the owner go crazy and equipped it with an illegal full time 4WD transmission.

Haha, VR = Evo 0 while theirs are Evo 9. Far gap indeed. :biggrin: BTW, will your VR spit flames from the exhaust like some of the Evo in that video? This is probably due to too much heat in the engine after such a heavy pushing on the engine?
Possible that satria GTi is 4wd, since was not illegal back then.

Drive turbo think of FC then might as well don't drive.....hahahahahahaa:biggrin:

A 2.0L engine when boost up can be like 3.0L power so the consumption is like 3.0 not 2.0.....:driver:
Guess my BLM have turbo to consume more fuel than a 1.3 should hahaha

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
4WD or not, one almost crashed and worse almost whacked the other car...
I think one did crashed into the hill side gutter very narrowly missing a car. But probably only damaged his front bumper/splitter hence he still came back to join again up top.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

but now with tighter engine tolerance and new direct injection technology,including vvt, variable turbo...same displacement engine with turbo will have some better overal fc compared to the n/a similar engine......
If really the same engine family with all the same except maybe NA vs turbo and higher comp for the NA vs lower comp for the turbo, shouldn't the NA still be more fuel efficient? Or maybe the turbo will be more fuel efficient for the same power output, meaning the NA will have to consume more fuel to reach the same output as the turbo? I'd think it's the latter that will be more true, but CMIIW though coz I don't know much about engines not to mention forced induction ones.

Also how about turbo engines but using small sized/undersized turbo or low boost one, probably that's the one used in VW etc. hence can claim very good FC. Compared to turbo engines from Evo/STI/GTR etc. with the main goal is to achieve high performance then they become a lot more fuel thirsty.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I think one did crashed into the hill side gutter very narrowly missing a car. But probably only damaged his front bumper/splitter hence he still came back to join again up top.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

If really the same engine family with all the same except maybe NA vs turbo and higher comp for the NA vs lower comp for the turbo, shouldn't the NA still be more fuel efficient? Or maybe the turbo will be more fuel efficient for the same power output, meaning the NA will have to consume more fuel to reach the same output as the turbo? I'd think it's the latter that will be more true, but CMIIW though coz I don't know much about engines not to mention forced induction ones.

Also how about turbo engines but using small sized/undersized turbo or low boost one, probably that's the one used in VW etc. hence can claim very good FC. Compared to turbo engines from Evo/STI/GTR etc. with the main goal is to achieve high performance then they become a lot more fuel thirsty.
In my 'reading-knowledge-and-youtube-years', I think turbo can be fuel efficient.
Since it complete burning the extra fuel and also twin spark can be very efficient too.
Idk how to explain but I just think a turbo is more efficient. Fuel and power to CC ratio.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
VW using twin charged system (turbo/super charged)

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
They are comparing say 1.4 turbo to a 2.0L NA. The 1.4 of course will have better FC.

My take was on say 2.0L NA and you turbo charged it, then turbo got worse FC. Two different thing altogether.....:driver:
That means if 1.4 turbo compare with 1.4 NA, still 1.4 NA wins in FC but loses out in power output.

Is all in capacity. small engine turbo charged becomes big capacity also. Bigger capacity bigger appetite...:biggrin:
But recently certain companies like Porsche has managed to get some very good FC figures from their high cc cars like their new 911 Carrera S. 3.8 litre but from several reviews of the car that I've read before, it seems that the FC figures can be compared with lower cc engines. If this is true, then other companies should try to do this instead of just downsizing the displacement and go to the turbo way.

Possible that satria GTi is 4wd, since was not illegal back then.

Guess my BLM have turbo to consume more fuel than a 1.3 should hahaha
Not illegal back then was like many many years ago but it is still possible though. But finding 4WD axle and shaft for Satria will be quite difficult as the wheelbase is shorter which I don't think those 4WD shaft in Evo will work for it. Need to find those old Mirage shaft. Perdana easier though, can find from Galant VR-4 or Eterna.

The one that crashed during the early part of the video? With black rear bonnet? Looked like Evo VIII.

About the turbo vs NA fuel consumption, I think maybe it depends on the boost pressure? High boost = higher FC because more fuel is injected to burn those high pressure air from the turbo? Low boost = less fuel being injected?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That means if 1.4 turbo compare with 1.4 NA, still 1.4 NA wins in FC but loses out in power output.

About the turbo vs NA fuel consumption, I think maybe it depends on the boost pressure? High boost = higher FC because more fuel is injected to burn those high pressure air from the turbo? Low boost = less fuel being injected?
FC can be from many things, power to weight ratio, driver, etc....

Drive turbo so far everyone I know will want to boost and boost more, Where got decrease boost one.....hahahaha:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Drive turbo so far everyone I know will want to boost and boost more, Where got decrease boost one.....hahahaha:biggrin:
Some stock turbo engine runs on low boost only like Campro CFE. But still, I think that engine can consume more fuel than the 4B11 MIVEC in Lancer/Inspira. :rofl:

BTW, din't go to TTA?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
CFE FC is good! Compare to a conventional IAFM or CPS lah.

Hahaha TTA is damn onz!

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.
Earlier campro engines I heard that they really suffer badly from poor fuel consumption. And there are some problems of torque dropping around 2000 to 3000 rpm. Your Persona is IAFM?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
VW using twin charged system (turbo/super charged)
Ah ya, thx for the reminder.

The one that crashed during the early part of the video? With black rear bonnet? Looked like Evo VIII.

Yes, of course because the basic theory still applies: more power comes from more fuel & more air.
If just more air without more fuel then you'll blow up the engine.

Yeah increase until it blew up, then realize that needs to lower a bit. :D

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Earlier campro engines I heard that they really suffer badly from poor fuel consumption. And there are some problems of torque dropping around 2000 to 3000 rpm. Your Persona is IAFM?
Yeap. IAFM improve abit. It brought the curve up abit but it still bad.
Very hard to cruise. Coupled with the laggy throttle response.
So sometimes, it will jump to 4k then its like turbo kicked in -.-
Sometimes really scared the hell outta me, almost bang cars.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yeap. IAFM improve abit. It brought the curve up abit but it still bad.
Very hard to cruise. Coupled with the laggy throttle response.
So sometimes, it will jump to 4k then its like turbo kicked in -.-
Sometimes really scared the hell outta me, almost bang cars.
Lol, sounded something like VTEC kick in. You can say it like IAFM has just kicked in yo.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Some stock turbo engine runs on low boost only like Campro CFE. But still, I think that engine can consume more fuel than the 4B11 MIVEC in Lancer/Inspira. :rofl:

BTW, din't go to TTA?
Yup, tuned for torque. If you look at their HP and torque on paper, the HP increased slightly only.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

that's y there is an inverted comma in my post if u get what I mean lol:biggrin:
:top::top:

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Yeah increase until it blew up, then realize that needs to lower a bit. :D
Once used to the power sure want more and more.....:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, tuned for torque. If you look at their HP and torque on paper, the HP increased slightly only.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

:top::top:

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Once used to the power sure want more and more.....:biggrin:
Meaning campro is tuned for more torque than hp?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dyno'ed my 1997 BCNR33 at N1 Racing's Dynojet rig on the 8th of January 2011. The tuner was Max Lim from Speed Effect Motorworks.

For a 13 year old car with her stock RB26DETT internals and turbos, shes putting out approximately 347.25 whp and 42.68 torque at the wheel. The car was pushing 1.25 bar of boost at 7500 rpm...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience