amway silicone glaze & rotary buffer

shawnme

Jan 6, 2005
bros,

i have the amway silicone glaze in hand and also a electric rotary buffer..

how many i make full use of these??

i'm still a newb in these although i went through the forum on polishing, waxing etc. and i got confused. some said, do not do it in circular motion..but the instruction on the silicone glaze bottle says do it in a circular motion..

so why use a rotary buffer??...
and what category does amway's silicone glaze falls in?? polish?? wax??? ...
and i've seen those they do in paint workshops where they call it "mo sah" in cantonese...they said it make an old car look new...what is it by the way?? polish??

all i know is...wash, polish, then wax....and not to do it under the sun.

enlighten me bros...it's tough to maintain the shine of a white car.. :P thanks ahead

shawnme

Jan 6, 2005
so does this mean that i have to get a wax as well??

and how about the rotary buffer?? when does it come into the picture??

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
better apply another layer of wax after it... cause i also doing like this... :D

rotary buffer?? wat is that ar? :P

shawnme

Jan 6, 2005
rotary buffer is like those they use in the acc shops to polish the cars...

just that i am really not sure of the steps to go about it..

this is a rotary buffer below although mine looks abit different

popiah

Known Member
Mar 20, 2004
i would assume that is a orbital buffer. it works in a different wat from a rotary.
anyway i have seen the instructions on the amway bottle. it cleans as well so i guess a proper name for it would be a cleaner polish/wax :P

a random orbital buffer does not have the power of a rotary and is used mainly for applying pure polishes etc. a orbital buffer is pretty safe in the hands of a beginner however, rotary is real powerful and not really recommended unless you have seen how it is done and have experienced it with your own hands first. a rotary in the wrong hands can eat right through your paint and show the metal underneath :P. haha so be careful around a rotary if you have not used it before. a rotary is mainly used when major cutting is required using compounds like meguiar's DACP, DCC 2.0 etc. there are ppl who use an orbital and has successfully removed swirls etc. of coz using a orbital buffer would mean it takes longer and more applications to remove swirls as compared to using a rotary. and also, it does matter how deep the swirls and scratches are. so it is all a matter of how much work and time you will be willing to spend on the car and also the condition of the paint..

i would assume 'mo sah' is sanding. it requires the use of sandpaper to sand away surface imperfections like orange peel, oxidation etc. it does help bring out a shine, even with new cars. however, the person who does the sanding must be real experienced as if you sand too much, you will end up going through the clear coat and right through the paint. :P

how much does those paint shops charge for that? what compounds and polish will they use to bring up the shine again?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi..i'm planning to convert my auto waja to manual transmission..but to no avail,there is no complete set of gearbox that can help to to convert..two items are missing : the gear(shifter) cable, and the pedal..

the set only have :
1)shifter
2)flywheel,
3)clutch and housing,
4)clutch pump
5)gearbox itself..

what other parts that i need to source if want to convert?

if its hard to find,can i just fit in a campro gearbox to my 2003 EFI auto waja?mine is the first batch..not...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience