AMP for Alpine SPR-17LS

ryws

Feb 7, 2006
Hi All sifu,

I'm doubt which AMP to get for Alpine SPR-17LS component set.

The ICE shop recommended the MRP-F240 when I told him that I usually listen to sentimental songs, but still want to have punch/deep bass.

But.. It seems not match that a component set with 75rms, powered by 40rms AMP. Any sifu got the idea why he introduces this AMP ???? OR this really works well???

Right on my mind I have these few Alpine AMPs to get MRV-F345, MRP-F450, MRP-F240. And I will bridge for another Woofer/Subwoofer. Getting the 240 will actually save my pocket if my type of listening doesn't require that much POWER..

Is a bazooka-subwoofer sufficient for my type of listening?

Thanks in advance.

Here's my component set details
---------------------------------------------------------------
Alpine SPR-17LS - 6-1/2" Two-Way Component System

- 350W Peak Power
- 70W RMS
- Frequency Response: 35Hz – 30kHz
- Multi-Layered Hybrid Fiber Cone
- Wave Guide
- Linear Drive Magnet Motor Structure
- Lightweight Rubber Surround
- Custom Aluminum Woofer Frame
- 1" Soft Dome Tweeter with Tuned Back-Chamber
- External Crossover with 6-StepTweeter Level Adjusment
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alcon06

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
I would suggest the MRV-F345 for a all rounder for a front component + subwoofer amplifier.

hongwai

Mar 8, 2005
Visit site
i am using MRV 345 to power the SPR 17LS, plenty of power, and can feel the midbass mini-thump

channel3/4 bridged whacking a 12inch sealed peerless sub, very powerful amp for its price range i would say...if the system is not power demanding then this amp might as well drive your whole setup

spr-17ls = 70w
peerless = 300w++
no behind speakers

ryws

Feb 7, 2006
You can get around RM900 with installation ;)

Last edited:

aurie

Known Member
Mar 3, 2005
bro...alpine comps set with alpine amp not a good setup.i tried b4.dunn like the sound...

try with Helix,ADS or PHD...should be nicer.

and dunn worry wether its required 75rms or 100rms...if you feed 50rms,it will do a nice job as well.

Alcon06

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
I think the SPR-17LS costs less than RM900 with install, 1000 and above sounds more like the price tag of the SPX-177R instead.

Anyway, i kinda agree with aurie that Alpine amp + Alpine comp set ain't too smooth sounding, as their tweeters are on the bright side. But well... he posted asking opinions of the couple of Alpine amps so i just gave Alpine recommendations instead :X-:

ryws

Feb 7, 2006
THanks for the replies, I think I 'll still stick with Alpine: MRV-F345 as there are quite alot of good comments on this AMP.

Is the price at RM1100 with installation reasonable(without cables)? Please PM me the address of the shop selling better price than this.

Thankss..

ryws

Feb 7, 2006
I get the Alpine SPR-17LS for RM850.
Then Installation RM100, coz they need to drill the front door to put 6"5 + wiring everyting as my car is all stock.

I am not sure about the market price. Anyone can tell me the price in other shops?? If alot cheaper, then I can #$#$# them back when getting the AMP.

But I prefer to do it in a more decent shop. The installer has 10 years experience anyway. No complaint on the workmanship. And, most importantly, the shop is just walking distance from my house.

* They are offering me the Alpine MRP-F240 includes cable & installation for RM850. Comments??

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00): What looks to be a nice and clean E63 BMW 6 with an assortment of aesthetics. Namely, the Alpina front add-on and M6 mirrors parked just outside Bangsar Shopping Centre, while sporting a nice single digit Johor plate.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience