altezza/lexus jdm sat nav

peteshawn

Known Member
Nov 5, 2012
Aston UK
Hi,
Just a quick question seeking help.

Does anyone had install an after market sat nav into origin satnav housing.

Is the wiring mod easy? I want it to turn the system ON and open the nav housing with ignition ON, and turn off the GPS and close the nav housing with ignition OFF

been searching around on this forum site for answer but no luck

sorry if this thread has been cover before :adore::adore::adore:

thanks

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Pete,
Yup, it had been covered.
some of us are running aftermarket gps device, Garmin on the stock housing.
I myself did my own DIY to 'put in' a Garmin in mine before.
for details, please check this thread
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...m/303063-question-ripping-out-the-satnav.html

Basically i totally ripped off the stock screen (since mine was broken anyway) and leave the housing circuit intact.

Here are some vids on my mod.

Exploring the housing circuit and testing it with a modded 12v (modded from computer power supply.
initial mod having the aftermarket velcro stick on the housing for portability.
Toyota Altezza SatNav - motorized housing testing ~ mike ~ - YouTube

video of testing of the above on car
Altezza SatNav motorized cover (with aftermarket GPS) - YouTube

changed from 4.3" display papago gps to 5" display garmin nuvi1450, this time the GPS is enclosed within the housing. meaning to be able to access to the USB/memory car slot and update the map, i would need to dismantle the housing and take out the GPS.
Garmin Nuvi 1450 in Altezza's standard SatNav motorized housing - YouTube

Since I have no need to always have my Garmin switched on, I have the Garmin car-charger cable runs from behind the satnav housing and a/c controls, and route it out from below the audio console to reach my 12v socket (cigarette lighter) so that whenever i need to have the Garmin switched on, i just plug it in there. (with this I do not need to hard wired the power supply to any part of the car).

enjoy.

Last edited:

peteshawn

Known Member
Nov 5, 2012
Aston UK
It really a pretty good job you done there.

thanks for the video upload :love:

Does the unit flip up when you turn the key ignition on or you havta press the power button on the sat nav housing?

wanted the unit pop up when i turn the key ignition ON just need to search which wire to connect .

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
the flipping part.. it depends on the 'last state' it has.
meaning if you have it flipped down (closed) right before you 'shutdown' your car. it will remain flipped down the next time you start your car. Vise versa, if you did not flipped it down or closed it when you 'shutdown' your car', the unit will flipped down automatically BUT it will automatically flipped up the next time you start-up your car.
In summary, it remembers its last state.

SO, if u want it to automatically flipped up when you turn the ignition key, just don't 'close' it when you turn of the ignition.
u get what i mean ?

peteshawn

Known Member
Nov 5, 2012
Aston UK
the flipping part.. it depends on the 'last state' it has.
meaning if you have it flipped down (closed) right before you 'shutdown' your car. it will remain flipped down the next time you start your car. Vise versa, if you did not flipped it down or closed it when you 'shutdown' your car', the unit will flipped down automatically BUT it will automatically flipped up the next time you start-up your car.
In summary, it remembers its last state.

SO, if u want it to automatically flipped up when you turn the ignition key, just don't 'close' it when you turn of the ignition.
u get what i mean ?

ahhhh!!! i get u there fella... will keep that in mind :adore::adore:

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
prelude_sbw631j,
try pm zth member "ae101-wong" and "tom's" both in KL/PJ area.
they hv tezza parts for sell, previously they sold a couple of the nav housing, who knows they might have one for you.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey..guys..

i just got install my Air fliter..

just wanna ask abt..do i need to change the Air fliter..everytime i services my car?

or just wash it?

(the guys told me that...just wash it..that enought liao)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience