Alternative fuels : Methanol.. I wonder our govt will like if we do this... :P

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
u guys know something...our country has the perfect weather to be a major producer of either bio-diesel and E85...i wonder why it isnt happening? so much land...so much wasted land.

can count with both hands how many variants of diesel passenger cars are here and those that are being sold here are too expensive and treated as a novelty. simple question....why dont we have a diesel P1? not enuff untung to certain quarters issit?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
u guys know something...our country has the perfect weather to be a major producer of either bio-diesel and E85...i wonder why it isnt happening? so much land...so much wasted land.

can count with both hands how many variants of diesel passenger cars are here and those that are being sold here are too expensive and treated as a novelty. simple question....why dont we have a diesel P1? not enuff untung to certain quarters issit?
Hush child! if that 'petroliam' company hears dis, it will the death of both of us!!! :rofl:
... just kidding arturo sir....

As my post before, if we must push it, that 'petroliam' and 'kereta' company must make profit oso to make it possible

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
more like lack of will...look at ngv...wanna do like dont wanna do. got for the sake of saying i have an ngv network....but wanna find ngv station is like finding projet last time and when u find one, have to q up long long with the taxi drivers.

bio diesel has a lot of potential...summore diesels r much much more efficient compared to petrol engines n diesels can run off almost all sorts of oils....lots of potential

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
more like lack of will...look at ngv...wanna do like dont wanna do. got for the sake of saying i have an ngv network....but wanna find ngv station is like finding projet last time and when u find one, have to q up long long with the taxi drivers.

bio diesel has a lot of potential...summore diesels r much much more efficient compared to petrol engines n diesels can run off almost all sorts of oils....lots of potential
agreed to you 100%...

fall in love with diesel since I drove my fren's 320d touring.... lotsa torque as if you dun really need multple ratio gears....ok, I exaggerate that, but still it suited auto box really well with its immense torque! and that running our low-quality euro-2m rated diesel... imagine if running the super clean euro 4 and above!

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
when malaysia no more talkin about some 'ketuanan', '30% for malay' & 'subsidy'... then mayb that time will really got E85, NGV or bio-powered car on the road & popular in malaysia...
all becos of bad politician who only cares bout their pocket.........

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
i take it the factory is not our own national "petroliam" company right? if so, they would push it rather than CNG to the taxis hehe

if pushing E85, 2 of our GLC company will suffer hohoho because
  1. no one will use petrol anymore haha
  2. no one will by petrol powered car, be it normal or range-Xtender equipped ones... only SAAB and a few small cars made in Brazil.....

...here's a thought... E85 hybrid engine running with KERS! :love:
Actually most cars can run E85, The list of cars is quite big.
E85 Compatible Vehicles - Flex-fuel Vehicle List

The main concern is that the fuelling system is not alcohol tolerant.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
dis is an american list right? if E85 is standard in malaysia and I got money... would love to use SAAB 9-3 2.0t BioPower :love:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
dis is an american list right? if E85 is standard in malaysia and I got money... would love to use SAAB 9-3 2.0t BioPower :love:
Unfortunately, majority of cars in malaysia not alcohol tolerant, that's why v-power malaysia didn't introduce the ethanol version of V-power (now no longer sold, they sell the same stuff we have here now)

But actually any car can be converted to run E85, since there is no need for extreme engine redesign, just the fuelling system only.

Actually there's a lot of good diesel cars out there, but as long as our diesel fuel grade is shitty, don't expect diesel cars to have a market here.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Kia Motors has revealed technical details of its new 8-speed (!) automatic transmission especially for their front-wheel-drive (FWD) cars.

The new 8AT will see its inaugural application in the 2017 Kia Cadenza before making its way into other mid- and full-size FWD vehicle.

Developed in-house by the Korean car manufacturer, this achievement follows the experience and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience