Alpha 7 Mercedes E63 AMG Road & Track Test by Automobile Magazine

brian@ams

Known Member
Apr 22, 2011
West Chicago/IL
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uKPu-yL3axI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FULL ARTICLE HERE

Chris Nelson from Automobile Magazine recently performed a review on our Alpha 7 Mercedes E63 AMG shop car. This Alpha 7 package is available for the 2012+ Mercedes E63 AMG as well as the 2011+ CLS63 AMG.

Imagine a full-size luxury sedan capable of consistent 10 second 1/4 mile passes? That's what the Alpha 7 package provides with the implementation of an Alpha tune, downpipes, catback exhaust system along with an optional boost cooling system (not used in the test). The boost cooler system (CLS63, E63), however, is extremely useful for those in warm climate regions like Malaysia and all of SE Asia.

An E63 or CLS63 equipped with an Alpha 7 upgrade is not only much quicker, it is unbelievably consistent. Even after the review, we ran our Merc 11 more times:proud: (13 actually but 2 weren't filmed) - most of the time back-to-back passes and it maintained 10 second ETs and similar trap speeds all night long. See that video below.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/C8OVrYD2Bqg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Price on this package will be around $10,000 with the boost cooler system. That's less than 10% MSRP of the car, making the value of it in my opinion well worth it. On top of it, you have a full-size luxury sedan that's faster than a McLaren MP4-12c on a straight!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LRApxkiPKQM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
wow.. that's one seriously nice car. Pity the tax on that car would be enormous in Malaysia.

Btw, how did you reign in the overzealous traction control with that much torque and hp?

brian@ams

Known Member
Apr 22, 2011
West Chicago/IL
Yes, tax is horrendous in the Philippines, the country my family is from, as well. Power delivery was worked out nicely in the development of our calibration file. There is absolutely no need to modulate the throttle, just keep your foot to the floor.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all Senior,

Good day to all of you,

Anyone can recommend me, which shop know how to exchange Wira engine to Mitsubishi engine very well.

I got one VR4 2.0 Turbo engine, thinking to find a workshop to do this engine changing......

Area in Petaling Jaya, Damansara.

Thanks for your kind info~ pls reply my post if u know~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience