Alpha 12 R35 GT-R: Another 8 Second 1/4 Mile Street Car

brian@ams

Known Member
Apr 22, 2011
West Chicago/IL
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Bvez1KCaib4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This video is of a completely full weight Alpha 12 R35 GT-R. Any weight savings from the carbon fiber have been offset by the sound system that was installed.

This particular GT-R is owned by our dear friend and customer, Tim Sanders. Our fans should know that Tim has been a part of the Alpha GT-R program since its early stages of development. In fact, without his passion and support of the R35 GT-R and the Alpha GT-R program, neither would be as far as they are today in terms of performance. All of us at AMS sincerely thank you, Tim Sanders, for being a part of our efforts with the R35 GT-R!

On July 12, 2012, Sanders' R35 GT-R ran an [email protected] pass on an Alpha 12 GT-R race fuel map. This is a typical Alpha 12 setting producing 1500 horsepower / 1100 ft-lbs of torque. On 93 octane, it produces 1150 horsepower / 950 ft-lbs torque. This pass is indicative of what an AMS Alpha 12 GT-R owner can do in the 1/4 mile.

1/4 Mile statistics:
60ft 1.558
330ft 4.006
1/8 [email protected]
1000ft 7.543
1/4 [email protected]

If this is too much power for your application, our Alpha 9 and Alpha 10 GT-R packages offer exceptional response on the road course.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
wow...its amazing with tuning that RON93 pump gas can handle 1500hp monster while people here complains when only gets RON95 pump gas on their sub 200hp stock ride... :biggrin:

brian@ams

Known Member
Apr 22, 2011
West Chicago/IL
Pomen,to clarify and not mislead anyone, this pass was done on C16 race fuel. Even so,this samepackage ran a 9.61 on RON95 tuning file filled with RON98 as in the last video I posted. When I started working for AMS, seeing these cars on the dyno and at the track up close shocked me. I was in disbelief, but have gotten used to it now.:biggrin: Hope you are doing well!

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
ok i got clearer picture now...now in sleeper mode it was able to receive ron93 gas for street.. am i right? :adore:

brian@ams

Known Member
Apr 22, 2011
West Chicago/IL
:adore::adore::adore:it's a road legal car right???
Yes, it is was designed to be road legal - at least here in the U.S, but our laws tend to be strict. It idles smooth and is not obnoxious or loud unless you really hit the throttle. Wheels were fitted with M&H Racemasters for the track, but they are also street (or IDOT) approved drag radials - not slicks. There are many brands of drag radials that handle differently on the street, but these work very well. If you raced on a Friday night, got lazy and left them on for the weekend, then swapped them out Sunday evening, it wouldn't be an issue unless it rained.

ok i got clearer picture now...now in sleeper mode it was able to receive ron93 gas for street.. am i right? :adore:
Correct. The car comes standard with a race and street calibration file. You choose between 93oct(RON98) or 91oct(RON95) for street. For race, we use C16 but can offer a few options on a race file - one to suit what fuel is readily available in your area.

You may have seen this already, but when I posted this video of our own Alpha 12, it still had its 91oct tune because it just returned from a media trip in California. California's highest rating is 91 octane. However, we filled it with 93oct and achieved the 9.61@149mph in the video below.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Fn6zrjhgTGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,dear all

My Lancer Gt is giving me a big headache! While I'm driving the brake warning display 'Check!' will come out on and off and it makes my cd player went off for second. Did anyone here experienced this before?I send to few different workshops to check but different technicians told me different things! I really need some advice now~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience