aloi@aluminium welding...help!!

afiq_farami

Known Member
Mar 28, 2009
Dear forumer,
I just bought 2nd hand intake velocity. But the inlet hose has bend and almost broken due to poor shipping. Where the workshop in klang valley can repair? since it is aloi@aluminium material.broken heart when see the damaged.

Attachments

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
try check nearby machine shop (where they do head skimming and block rebore or atleast radiator repair) usually those place have alloy weld...

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
yea gme got do the weld.buy from gme banana =D nice.hehe

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
What a poor shipping method by the seller. Should complain to them about it bro.

Yeah, I agree with Pomen_GTR, if you wanna find a cheaper alternative, then just find a radiator repair shop. They normally cater these type of welding and it's cheaper too.

Heads up though. Make sure you supervise them because some of the welders are foreigners (bangla's and Nepalese) and they just do a cincai work. Mine was just a minor crack so I don't need long quality welding.

afiq_farami

Known Member
Mar 28, 2009
Done..I have send to engineering workshop with total cost rm35..fire with flame to straighten and then weld the hole..Now, in stage to touchup with spray can..:burnout:

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
how much if they just weld only?? how they caj...per inch..or per electrode/ filler rod...or sumting??

afiq_farami

Known Member
Mar 28, 2009
how much if they just weld only?? how they caj...per inch..or per electrode/ filler rod...or sumting??
They charge a rod aloy welding even 1/10 used. But total cost about RM35

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

i also need to weld my bro in law's aluminium radiator...any recomendations around ampang area?
not sure for area ampang.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b11CaTgWkZ8

I GOT SOMETHING TO SAY HERE, if u have already seen the video twin turbo waja vs ambulance, then i guess u already know me.

AND MAKE SURE EVERYBODY READS THIS.

IM a one man army against all of u buggers.

all of u have lost to me.

just listen here, u have just made me famous by putting my friendster profile on this zerotohundred page and im glad to see my face become famous and im very happy to see my face at the zerotohundred page...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience