Allignment & Tyre Balancing

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Just some info,

Tires will deteriorate even if u use them or not, thats why tires have a "use life" of approx 6years before the rubber will harden and deteriorate (not perform to manufacture specs). So never buy old tires (chk mfg date) even if they've never been used.

Last edited:

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
joking? who said it was a joke? :biggrin:
Bro..cannotlah go to track with old tyres lah...mana syiok. 2nd hand can lah if not expired yet.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Dangerous summore.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Just some info,

Tires will deteriorate even if u use them or not, thats why tires have a "use life" of approx 6years before the rubber will harden and deteriorate (not perform to manufacture specs). So never buy old tires (chk mfg date) even if they've never been used.

6 years?

i thought only 2 or 3?

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
6 years?

i thought only 2 or 3?
Thats also true...
6 years is the Total life span, say you bought a 3 year old tire, u can still use it for 2-3 years (the usual lifetime for normal drivers)

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
Bro..cannotlah go to track with old tyres lah...mana syiok. 2nd hand can lah if not expired yet.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Dangerous summore.
Bro Nuke,

I think last I saw your tyres it looks new right.. No crack whatsoever. Don't be like I was crazy enough to go into SIc with my old tyres.. If you are on budget the best tyre would be KUMHO ECSTA KU36..it's a good tyre man.. Threadwear is 180..

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
Bro Nuke,

I think last I saw your tyres it looks new right.. No crack whatsoever. Don't be like I was crazy enough to go into SIc with my old tyres.. If you are on budget the best tyre would be KUMHO ECSTA KU36..it's a good tyre man.. Threadwear is 180..
yeah the tyres dont have any cracks on them or watever...

but if the car is 2004...then its already been 6 years....unless the previous owner in japan changed the tyres.

how do we check date of manufacture on tyres?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We're not exactly in the right place to receive any sort of a natural winter wonderland, but to be able to experience something like this would give folks a definite 'one-up' from those who have gone for tarmac-based driver training.

<!--more-->We don't usually think...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience