All type of sound from my car... help !

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Very long time ago when my mum still had her wira 1.5, it was the crank pulley that caused vibration after changing to new mount but still got minor vibration.

The crank pulley had rubber in between the steel to dampen vibration.Over the years, the rubber harden/shrink.
My VR not so lucky, the two pieces came apart. Broke down in Klang, but that was a few years back, now on solid pulley.....lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
satria neo...all 3 mounting i change
I assume the mountings are good quality ones? Is yours an auto or manual? Does the Neo have gearbox mountings separate from the engine ones? I suppose you should check the crank pulley condition. I wouldn't recommend aftermarket alu crankpulleys unless they are good quality ones. Too many made in China ones that fail after a very short period of time.

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
I assume the mountings are good quality ones? Is yours an auto or manual? Does the Neo have gearbox mountings separate from the engine ones? I suppose you should check the crank pulley condition. I wouldn't recommend aftermarket alu crankpulleys unless they are good quality ones. Too many made in China ones that fail after a very short period of time.

mounting is oem one. my car is manual.

i am not sure if my transmission mouting is different.... i think should be one of the 3....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
btw, if i require to change he crank pulley, will it be better to change those aftermarket performance lightened crank pulley or change back the oem type?

i read that the aftermarket type do not have the harmonic dampener thing, is that bad?
Stock OEM.

Trust me.

Why?

I changed to aftermarket one after all the hype. Then I changed back. true story.

Reactions: Mitevo7

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
Hi, i own a 2008 satria neo 1.6 non-cps manual.

until recently (few months back) i start to hear all kind of sound coming from my car, i try to describe it as much as possible, hope sifu can help me diagnose what is the problem

1) when decelerate/ let go of pedal after moving, can hear "whining" sound, i suspect is my transmission problem, or maybe my engine?

2) actually when accelerate, also have this like "engine cannot breath" sound, which also sounded something like whining above (1), but decelerate the sound will be even louder...

3) when try to accelerate with a higher gear (for example suppose to be in 2nd gear but instead i have it in 3rd gear), there will be like loud sound something like loose bolt, clinging sound...i suspect is transmission also?

thanks in advance !
Description is not enough to judge it really. best is to bring it to reputable mechanic. or u can record the sound in youtube and share it.

Anyway as proton owner before, all noises are normal for proton cars. bread and butter of the brand Proton. deswai i chg to Honda and no much noise occured. my honda is 18 yrs old but still lesser noise than my wiralution that is younger. go figure.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Didn't performed "better" in real world, not in any subjective or objective manner.
I thought a lightened crank pulley makes the engine more eager to rev. At least, that's my butt dyno feel when I replaced.

I didnt re-balance the crankshaft.Have engine vibration at idle and few years down the road despite minimal usage, has had to replace ac compressor, alternator. God knows what else is coming soon.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I thought a lightened crank pulley makes the engine more eager to rev. At least, that's my butt dyno feel when I replaced.

I didnt re-balance the crankshaft.Have engine vibration at idle and few years down the road despite minimal usage, has had to replace ac compressor, alternator. God knows what else is coming soon.
I thought Ixeo was talking about the mountings?

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
hey guys, workshop still cannot figure out what is with all the sound....

just want to ask if i were to go for engine overhaul, how much would it cost me?

also, any recommended workshop? klang valley that is

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hihihi,

Anyone knows where to make oil cooler lines?
Or at least where to clamp those fittings?

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience