All-New Nissan Grand Livina Launched

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Amidst all the hype surrounding the GT-R, this car is a sobering reminder that Nissan actually pays attention to normal folks that lead normal lives and need a normal car that does normal duties normally. The Grand Livina was launched lavishly at Heritage Mansion and I found myself rubbing shoulders with big, important looking people wearing pristine suits and tie’s, and here I was in jeans and a t-shirt. Totally out of place and under dressed, very normal indeed.

The mid sized 7-seater MPV is the third model from Nissan’s family of global cars to be launched in Malaysia; the first and second were the Latio and Latio Sport models. Designed and engineered in the Nissan Technical Center in Atsugi, Japan, it is currently the best-selling Nissan model in Indonesia with record sales bookings of 12,500 units by the end of November. It was launched there in April 07.

Targeted at those who seek an active and modern lifestyle, the model name Livina is coined from the words “Life & Living” to signify Active & Lively. The CKD model is assembled at Tan Chong Motor’s brand new Serendah plant utilizing the Nissan Production Way (NPW), the Nissan’s international standard for global quality manufacturing and assembly.

An innovator in its class, the design is sophisticated and comes with a quality high enough to meet any driving occasion-from formal to casual. The Grand Lavina offers a luxurious interior upholstered in high quality materials and finish. The 3rd row seat, gives the Grand Livina a 7-passenger seating, along with an easy to handle passenger/cargo space conversion feature. The split fold-down 2nd row seat with a double folding function and the 3rd row seat with an easy lock release strap allows for easy extension and the flexibility of cargo space when folded in full flat condition.

The Grand Livina offers sedan like handling that is mainly due to its monocoque body structure that gives exceptional control, agility and stability on winding and curved roads. The monocoque body structure also provides it with more economical fuel consumption. The Grand Livina applies the latest ripple control suspension technology that helps to minimize vibration in the cabin as well as body swing from the outside. This provides a stable and comfortable ride. Bring on the legendary Malaysian roads and potholes.

Powering the Grand Livina is the new weight saving all aluminium gasoline engines in either 1.6 liter capacity (HR16DE) or 1.8 liter capacity (MR18DE). The 1.8 engines are equipped with Nissan’s Continuously Variable-valve Timing Control (CVTC) technology which aids the engine in increasing power and torque efficiently with every engine rotation. The 1.8 engine delivers efficient fuel consumption of only 6.5L/100km (AT,ECE + EUDC 90km/h). Other than that, the Grand Livina also uses the drive by wire technology first introduced by Mercedes on their SL. This provides increased efficiency, accuracy, and a swift handling response level. One thing to take note about though, this is interesting, the engines used in the Grand Livina are equipped with high air intakes positioned above the grill, enabling the vehicle to go through flooded roads as high as the level of the tires. Very useful in our sinking Malaysia.

To top it all up, Edaran Tan Chong Motors is offering your family the Grand Livina at a very affordable price. The pricing is as follows

1.6 MT - RM82, 800
1.6 AT - RM86, 600
1.8 AT – RM95, 300

All prices are inclusive of insurance, road tax, registration fees, and ownership claim fee and the prices are valid for Peninsular Malaysia. Now you can finally take out your wife, kids, neighbor, mother-in-law, maid and your dog, all in one car. No more multiple car convoys. Register for your test drive today at The New Nissan Grand Livina. Or better, visit Edaran Tan Chong Motors and get a first hand view of the all new Nissan Grand Livina.

Image Credits: Nissan

parawisata79

Known Member
Aug 14, 2006
the price aound RM82k-RM95k, really reasonable man.. it will be competition for nabira & citra..

but fuel comsumption.. dunno la.. for 1.6 with that current body + load..
haha..

neway.. good luck nissan.. cheers..!!

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
dashboard design looks good.....thank god no more centre meter cluster

Eric Chen

Jun 26, 2006
TO ALL MY DEAR FRIENDS, FOR TEST DRIVE GRAND LIVINA OR ANY ENQUIRY ABOUT THE CAR AND PRICING, PLEASE CONTACT ERIC CHEN AT 012-3047173. OUR LAUCHING GATHERING WILL HELD ON 22 DEC 2007 AT WILAYAH KOMPLEX, YOUR ATTENDED IS MUCH MORE APPRECIATE....:burnout:

RocketMan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
I test drive it at Tan Chong Seksyen 13 PJ last week a night before the official launch.
I drove the 1.8 AT model, very car-like handling, adequate (more than adequate power - theres 3 adults and 1 child in the cabin) power, steering feels sharp, step on the pedal hard and u can feel the torque right away pulling you....
Technically, it is a good buy for this segment (below RM100k) compared to Innova (Innova is more spacious), Citra and Avanza.
But i dont like the interior, its beige in colour (it attracts dirt easier I guess) - but the model i tested is equipped with leather seats.(u can get it with extra price)
Livina looks good though, slammed in a 16 or 17 inch rollers, go for adjustables, and skirting, tinted...its enough already (no need la supercharger bla bla bla..its an MPV only, to ferry people, not for a racer)

to me, its a good mini MPV at a very reasonable price

PLUS:- Seats are comfy, panel and instruments are simple and well located,Good handling, minimal noise and vibration, sharp steering, Very low body roll compared to innova and the avanza (of course), 1.8 AT feels great, gear ratios are well selected. Overall from my opinion, it is good for those who needs an MPV at lower price.

MINUS:- no (engine/oil) temperature gauge? passengers in 3rd row will suffer during hot sunny day (just like in the new Stream).Bright interior will attracts grime. 3rd row is not suitable for tall dude. 3rd row passengers do not get the air cond as cold as on the 2nd row. err...Where is the spare tyre dude???

Only my opinion guys.

Nissan has come, again...they are on the right path.hehehehe

p/s:- go for the 1.8 CVTC!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, as topic states my coilovers need a rebuild. So far only place that rebuilds hypermax 2 that I've been able to find is Garage R in Singapore.

Suggestions?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience