All about tires (tyres) setup

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
RD1 and RD2 can go more than 200KMH, so do not get any class lower than V.
V, Z, W, Y are the class we need to pick.

And yes, Michelin is more rounder tyre.
For those who wanna have 225 width setup, 7.5JJ rim is the minimum they shall go.

Ace, 8JJ not extreme, you can check with Yu. :biggrin: kekeke

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Last edited:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
guys, Yu is right, 225/45R17 still touch the fender under certain circumstances.

Like if I go down hill and try to make a turning at the slope and flat surface.
I believe the entire chassis move forward a bit which cause "The Touch".. :biggrin:

so safest setup shall be 215/45R17 for the front.

PS: I'm still very happy with the setup.
PS: No problem entering 1 Utama new wing parking, only old wing parking give problem if go basement parking.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
would like to let go my previous tyres.

Anyone or your friend interested? :biggrin:
Help me to spread.
thread in zth
http://zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=121901

Hi all,

Would like to let go 2 piece of Bridgestone Potenza GIII 205/40R17

Brand: Brigdestone
Model: Potenza GIII
Tires setup: 205/40R17
Load: 80
Speed: V

Manufactured: 2004, 32th Week
Thread left: ~60% (view the pic)
Mileage travel: ~8000KM (or less, installed on weekend car)

Price: RM120 per piece
Payment: COD

communication: PM me (my phone is kind of hard to reach during office hour)

Potenza GIII

205/40R17 80V

Manufactured 2004, 32th Week

overall

thread view [1]

thread view [2]

thread view [3]

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Yu, actually what happen? Your tires pecah so frequent?

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
maybe road surface condition, Yu's coupe run hillroad everyday. :biggrin:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
guys, anyone using this? GoodYear Eager F1 G3 D3, highly recommended by the website.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+GS-D3
The Eagle F1 GS-D3 is Goodyear's Max Performance Summer radial developed for driving enthusiasts who want more performance from their factory stock or aftermarket-tuned sports cars, sporty coupes and performance sedans. The Eagle F1 GS-D3 excels in wet conditions by delivering class-leading hydroplaning resistance and traction, as well as offers competitive dry performance. Like all summer tires, it is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

The Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires feature Goodyear's AAtrax tread compound molded into a distinctive wet weather racing-derived OneTRED directional tread design and earns the highest "AA" Uniform Tire Quality Grade wet traction rating. The Eagle F1 GS-D3's OneTRED design combines three distinct patterns to enhance dry and wet performance. A solid and continuous center zone maintains constant road contact to enhance straight-line tracking and initial steering response. Next, sweeping intermediate power transfer bridges use "virtual rib" technology that emulates racing slicks by delivering shoulder-to-shoulder tread contact to further enhance steering response and dry road cornering traction. Then, sweeping aquachannel grooves, which are three times longer than the tire's contact patch, angle forward and out to the edges of the tread to avoid trapping water between the tire and the road enhancing wet traction and hydroplaning resistance. And finally, the virtual ribs flow into the shoulder area to form long, stable shoulder blocks that grip the road during cornering and help resist the wear associated with aggressive driving.

The tire's structure includes twin, high-tensile steel belts reinforced with spirally wound nylon that distribute the vehicle's load across the tire's footprint to provide high-speed durability and uniform ride qualities. Slightly angled body ply construction with high-ply turn ups enhance steering precision and high speed stability while exterior sidewall rim flange protectors help guard wheels from curb damage.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
this is what i'm using for rear, Continental Sport Contact 2

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Im using Dunlop SP Sport FM901 for front and Yokohama S306 at rear.. any opinion on these? i just change recently..not sure how it will perform..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Pentagon <!--?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /--><st1:city><st1:place>Enterprise</st1:place></st1:city> Sdn. Bhd. are proud to bring you one of the best USA tuning products and leading brand in USA, Skunk2 to our Malaysia shore!!! We are the official distributor of Skunk2 products direct from the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience