Airtrek turbo maf sensor cleaning

edwinlkj

Jul 20, 2009
Hi fellow members, i just bought crc maf sensor cleaner and saw the can stated not to be used with karman vortex sensor. Not sure if we can use it on airtrek maf sensor? Any idea?
My baby is having intermittent hesitants, jerks and sometimes stalling but doesnt have fault code. Any idea what could be wrong? Thanks peeps.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
My mechanic told me that MAF sensors are sensitive and should not be cleaned or even touched. I know market has MAF clearner spray but it's advisable not to touch it. We do have a member here last time having similar issue like yours and after cleaning, made it worse. The resort was to replace the MAF sensor.

If you can get hold of another MAF sensor to test, that will be great to check if yours is time to change. They usually last around 5-7 years and it needs to be replaced.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Same thing my mechanic told me, don't meddle with the MAF. Even when he does the service on my car, he never touch the MAF, only clean the outside....haha

edwinlkj

Jul 20, 2009
Thanks man. Btw any idea where's can purchase the Maf sensor?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
My mechanic told me that MAF sensors are sensitive and should not be cleaned or even touched. I know market has MAF clearner spray but it's advisable not to touch it. We do have a member here last time having similar issue like yours and after cleaning, made it worse. The resort was to replace the MAF sensor.

If you can get hold of another MAF sensor to test, that will be great to check if yours is time to change. They usually last around 5-7 years and it needs to be replaced.

the sensitive part was the honeycomb part....

so no touch... just spray with contact cleaner will do enough....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
the sensitive part was the honeycomb part....

so no touch... just spray with contact cleaner will do enough....
Mine is hot wire type, located inside of the honeycomb. Very thin and fragile, that is why better not to touch....lol:biggrin:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Not really. I don't feel any difference in power performance nor fuel consumption changes after installing a brand new MAF. It's still the same.

Ss_Tuner

Oct 20, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Jerks at first step on throttle or during low boost could indicates ignition coil or plug issues.
at high boost normally is plug issues.

if Maf have issues normally your car would run sluggish.
U need to send for diagnose the MAF sensor see whether it's sensing any airflow or not.
Basically the tuner/workshop just plug in to your OBD2 and monitor the airflow vs boost/rpm via evoscan or any other monitoring devices

Hi fellow members, i just bought crc maf sensor cleaner and saw the can stated not to be used with karman vortex sensor. Not sure if we can use it on airtrek maf sensor? Any idea?
My baby is having intermittent hesitants, jerks and sometimes stalling but doesnt have fault code. Any idea what could be wrong? Thanks peeps.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Not too sure if I have shared my MAF failure symtoms before but here it is...

1) On wide open throttle with full boost, the car jerks and the boost swings up and down eventho my foot is constantly pedal to metal
2) Car engine dies on idles and check engine light (CEL) lights up. After restarting the car, CEL goes off again.
3) Car seems unwilling and may 'die' anytime.

Ss_Tuner

Oct 20, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
If CEL lights up it would be easier to run diagnostic and immediately pin point the problem.
Edwin, in your case just send your car to Airtrek workshop to diagnose the problem, need to identify the problem before spending more money on maf cleaner/new maf when the problem may not what it is.

Not too sure if I have shared my MAF failure symtoms before but here it is...

1) On wide open throttle with full boost, the car jerks and the boost swings up and down eventho my foot is constantly pedal to metal
2) Car engine dies on idles and check engine light (CEL) lights up. After restarting the car, CEL goes off again.
3) Car seems unwilling and may 'die' anytime.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

please help..my wife's car need to change gearbox oil.
what brand best 4 honda 1.7 2001 model n izzit 10L enuf?

plese helpme..thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience