Airtrek Turbo Gearbox

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
it really depends on individual. Traffic jams in city is not a new story. I had driven Mirage, Saga, Satria, SEG, Wira and even Kancil, they were all manual and used in city. If you really get used to it, it's not difficult to drive. Of course if you compare to auto, auto is more convenient. What I mean here is, the kaki won't patah one la...

When I owned my Atr, I did thought of converting to manual. However my other half was very much against it and even Ah Wah asked "you sure you want to do it? wait your wife scold me.....". Hahaha...

So both my cars are autos.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
it really depends on individual. Traffic jams in city is not a new story. I had driven Mirage, Saga, Satria, SEG, Wira and even Kancil, they were all manual and used in city. If you really get used to it, it's not difficult to drive. Of course if you compare to auto, auto is more convenient. What I mean here is, the kaki won't patah one la...

When I owned my Atr, I did thought of converting to manual. However my other half was very much against it and even Ah Wah asked "you sure you want to do it? wait your wife scold me.....". Hahaha...

But then some want racing clutch, that one leg can patah......lol
If wife driving also, sure leave as auto loh! That is why I have my own manual ride.....hhahhahaha

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh

kancil i m ok...haha...very light clutch

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
in auto, if you gain 50hp, you only get around 30whp. auto sucks. the higher the output, the more power loss (slip). ... so that's why it's wise to midly tune your airtrek and not heavy mods. anything below 250whp should be ideal

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, my Putra's 5th gear is falling to neutral by itself...
I have changed the fluids but still the same.

Heard that 5th gear synchro is gone...

Can it be repaired ?

Anybody with a solution / advise ?

thanx....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience