Airtrek Parts Enquiry

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Just remember, u already have 1 project car. Having the Airtrek will makes it 2. Dont tell me u wont be gatal tangan to mod the Airtrek.....right?

U need space and fun....only suv/pickup/wagon can do all those quite well.

If u want fun but not much space and dont mind a Proton, get the 1.3 iriz. Damn these cute car is fun to throw around. FC is great too. Need more equipment, get the 1.6. Its much safer than any Perodua, trust me. The HPFFFF thingny is really doing its job.
bro.... if you want to save money and nagging from your wifey, then go with Suprima S. It's a newer car and reliability will be generally better. However don't put too much hope for performance.

I want to also make it clear that in stock, Airtrek is NOT a fast car. Like mentioned by the other brothers here, stock only churns out around 180'ish whp. Coupe with lazy INVECS II gearbox and ridiculously heavy chassis (over 1600kgs), the car is slow and heavy. The fun begins only when you start modding it.

I have heard some comments before that in stock, Airtrek hits 100kph sub 9 secs. That's far cry compared to what the catalog claimed - 6.5secs.
for sure i will mod the airtrek. but just light mods. ahahaha. hmm. this will need another thought when i get the budget ready. :sweatsmile::sweatsmile:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I think he should have 1 reliable daily car and 1 project car. Having 2 project cars scarifying reliability is not a wise decision. I have been in this situation before, Airtrek and RX-8. High maintenance, high fuel consumption and not meant to be stuck in jam for hours. I gave up.... just sharing my experience.
No...no...we man never give...
We make sacrifice...hihihi

My sis own a Suprima and my bro own an Iriz 1.3. I prefer the Iriz as its the more refined car. However sanekit needs space so it has to be the suprima.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
No...no...we man never give...
We make sacrifice...hihihi

My sis own a Suprima and my bro own an Iriz 1.3. I prefer the Iriz as its the more refined car. However sanekit needs space so it has to be the suprima.
yeah. iriz is a bit small. suprima price about same range as airtrek, used. hence the choice option. wife is not that picky, she's ok as long as it doesnt give serious issues or breakdowns. haha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yeah. iriz is a bit small. suprima price about same range as airtrek, used. hence the choice option. wife is not that picky, she's ok as long as it doesnt give serious issues or breakdowns. haha
Yah! that is why I kept VR since year 2000, and wife change her Wira for second hand Sonata III then new Chery SUV, then the Forester.....lol

Reactions: stutzedward

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Yah! that is why I kept VR since year 2000, and wife change her Wira for second hand Sonata III then new Chery SUV, then the Forester.....lol
dang. somehow i'm leaning towards airtrek more than suprima. ahahaha. still a long way to go. we'll see. :driver:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
Like bro stutz said earlier, stock airtrek is not a fast car. but the potential is very high. we have so many tuned up fast airtrek on the street even got a manual trans swap. with so many evo performance parts to choose, its only a matter of budget and time. Or u can always let it mild tuned, but mod the external to look badass.. u know ur a mitsu blood brother rite? hehehe

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Precisely! Tuning is only limited to the depth of your pocket. You can go insanel or just mild. For me, I just changed to stock Evo setup. Even though Airtrek has the same engine, the internals are completely different. So the 40hp lesser actually lacks of plenty good stuffs from Evo.

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
i found this interesting video on youtube about airtrek
i think the airtrek old timers in here recognised this guy

Reactions: Izso

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
easy bro.. get 1 new reliable super fuel efficient car for your wife. reward yourself with the fire breathing turbo car like airtrek.:beer:
like that i need to sell my wira also. ahahaha.

Precisely! Tuning is only limited to the depth of your pocket. You can go insanel or just mild. For me, I just changed to stock Evo setup. Even though Airtrek has the same engine, the internals are completely different. So the 40hp lesser actually lacks of plenty good stuffs from Evo.
from what i know, the airtrek turbo is actually a detuned version of evo 7 gta. so yeah, can do lots of stuff to it. but my target is reliability as a daily driver. looking at what u guys said, the parts are still easy to source compared to the naza citra we currently have. we actually planning to sell that citra and get another car that's easier to maintain. but mother in law have veto power on that citra so i don't know if she's ok with us getting an airtrek. ahahaha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

from what i know, the airtrek turbo is actually a detuned version of evo 7 gta. so yeah, can do lots of stuff to it. but my target is reliability as a daily driver. looking at what u guys said, the parts are still easy to source compared to the naza citra we currently have. we actually planning to sell that citra and get another car that's easier to maintain. but mother in law have veto power on that citra so i don't know if she's ok with us getting an airtrek. ahahaha
Want reliable, don't mod at all, but then car is pretty old also....lol But hard to say, if new car, lemon also give problem.....hhahahhahah

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

My gawddd.. you want reliable and a reasonably cheap people carrier get the Alza. Forget about a daily turbo Airtrek man. I had the next best thing and it was a nightmare to run daily.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

shopping around for a car - three top choices are Accord Euro R, Integra R, or the GTI
Anyone can share some info on the following on the GTI:
- any major differences between 05-07 models? Are all Mk5 and about the same?
- always been wary of Euro car electronics - any issues here like ECU problems, etc?
- seen a couple of 2 door versions being advertised - is the engine etc the same as the 4 door?
- what main things to look out for when checking one out?

Got plenty of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience