Air Fuel Setting, How To Setting

softmuffin

Known Member
Dec 21, 2004
Hello dude,

Can anyone tell me how to setting the air fuel setting?
Someone told me is by adjust the MAS screw at the Throttle Body, a screw with spring.

Can anyone show me where is the screw?
I'm using an satria 1.6

Thank you
muff

softmuffin

Known Member
Dec 21, 2004
Hello
Izzit got three screws but one of it is not in use?
BTW my low rpm speed is worst. 1st gear only can go up to 20.
do you think i adjust the screw will help?

thanks
muff

Angelz

Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
its located at the left side of the throttle body, near the siren. That screw is the adjust ur idling speed. For injection cars im not very sure how many screw are they but for carb there are 3 main screw.

One is to adjust idling speed , termostat screw ( which is to adjust the idling when the air con is on ) and one more is the mixture screw. The idling screw and the termostat screw must be adjust to the same idling speed.

SIfu's out there, if im wrong please correct me. hehe.. :)

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
hi there... satria 1.6 is fuel injection, so there is only 1 idling screw to adjust and that is on top of your throttle body. you stated that your low rpm idling is worst right? then check your idle control motor first before you do something else and make sure your throttle body is clean. hope that will help...

bridgestoneRE711

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2005
but i heard that it is a afc screw lai ...
how ?

so far , i think maybe it is not very good to be screw at coz it usualy is covered by anything . moreover , why is there 2 screws to adjust the idling ? one is the one behing the TB which screws the throttle cable , antoher is the one at the throttle body ...
which one ?

HMS

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Penang
www.maxperformance.com.my
hmmm.....sounds like ur TB kong already to me. Better send to a mechanic to check. EFI idle speed is control by the ECU, and if idling time ur engine dies, mean usually the IPS got problem or the TPS got problem.

IPS - Idling position sensor
TPS - throttle position sensor

Or if ur engine got distributor, try advance the timing a bit. Not too much if not will end up with engine knocking.
So if ur car is EFI or Carbi type? I think here sure got sifu can help.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i bought lights ..... to light my car the part under the meter ..... but i dun 1 it to be on switch ...... i wan it to go on when to doors are opened .... then the lights follow .... but i dunn whare to tap the wire ...... can anyone teach me ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience