Air Filter Comparison..

pifecto14

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
PJ
guys, is the superlon material similar wit those which ppl buy at accessories shop and stick in beneath their bonet in order to cut down the heat to the engine bay??

If wana use aluminium foil, how do i install it to block the hot air from the engine?? Any guidance or picture for those who use aluminium as heatshield.

ashabmy

Known Member
Sep 11, 2005
Labuan
www.cardomain.com
Superlon

SkYwAlKeR said:
superlon as heatshield??... anything to support the superlon??... such as aluminium sheet or planks??... later ur superlon flaps around in the engine bay susah lo...
Skywalker,

Just use cable ties to tie it to several points. I use superlon also to protect the hood painting & on all the doors (with bitumen strips) for sound proofing. Easily available in accesories shop.

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
guys, is the superlon material similar wit those which ppl buy at accessories shop and stick in beneath their bonet in order to cut down the heat to the engine bay??

If wana use aluminium foil, how do i install it to block the hot air from the engine?? Any guidance or picture for those who use aluminium as heatshield.
Aluminium foil too soft I guess (the one used to cook baked fish, etc). Maybe aluminium sheets.

I guess you can install it at angles/positions to block off the hot air from blowing towards your air filter. Block the air from radiator fan, maybe alirkan the air from radiator fan to somewhere else... block hot air from engine (!?!)... Most I see is to block air from the middle part of the engine bay and radiator, leave the sides facing the sides of the engine bay open.

justlikeu

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2005
Subang Jaya
hmmm... apexi open pod filter + bracket = rm185.. izzit cheap? hehe..

Wajafly

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Shah Alam
I am using Apexi open pod. Last time K&N. Problem with K&N is we need to wash it because the oil sticks a lot of dirt. Then pay for reoil. Apexi is good in filtering dust and we just need to vacumn. Performance about the same both. Don't take HKS. Heard lots of negative about it. But honestly, have not try, because I dare not.

apistate

Sep 16, 2011
Penang
how much cost for open pod kit for new installation (filter+ram pipe+etc) n where i can get it..??
plz share wif me, interest to get open pod but wanna bjet the installation cost..
help me..

Saring

Known Member
Feb 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
how much cost for open pod kit for new installation (filter+ram pipe+etc) n where i can get it..??
plz share wif me, interest to get open pod but wanna bjet the installation cost..
help me..
can i know what car you want to install it ?
all is depend on you bduget...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
haha...mine.....

open pod with custom heatshield enclosure... :p

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
can u guys share to me some pic for you own costume heat shield ?
i want to make one to ? i need some kick stater before make it one, heeeeeee:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
easy peasy that one... :biggrin: :rofl:

Attachments

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hahahha.....that is a good one.....

All heat shield, enclosure manufacturers can close shop...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone out there,,

IS it 4g93p block same with GSR 4g93 Turbo block

im lost ma custom form laa for the turbo block,,
so is it ok if i use 4g93p (n/a turbo block) but use all the turbo piston,, olny block n/a turbo..

is it ok
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience