air cond compressor not working sometime

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
hey, i had got a problem here..my compressor sometime wont working even thought i had turn on my air cond..

well, here is the case;

1 day i go shopping and park beside road, then engine on and air cond on since my gf waiting me inside...(at here all okay, idling and air cond ok)

after i came back , the air cond become hotter like didn turn on acc and my rpm become 2500....the compressor not working..

then after sometime i turn off the air cond, my air cond okay again..

any sifu know wat the prob?

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
yaya,,,peroduakancil

headshot

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
my rusa oso have same prob, my mech told me to change new compressor for around RM750 if recond will need RM500, so is there any sifu can give more advice?

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
Check your expension valve / filter , cause there might be a blockage . Cause if there is cold air , meaning the compressor is okay , cause its still compress .

Normally its the expension valve , cause the valve hole is as tiny as a needle , which is a ideal spot for blockage .

If compressor K.O its normally leaking , housing has been eaten or clutch wear out , which the compressor wont engage at all .

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
is ur car idling ok?wanna stall?
check ur fan

if not ur fan

ur compressor gonna kong liao....

at least 500

sanden cheaper.

denso expensive

recon....?cant tahan long

better change to new..

of modify small new compressor to the car like me

cheaper...

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
really? then i think gonna sell the car...WTF...
ha drepair the car for 1000 since accident..change radiator and condenser altogether,...then do other stuff..vomit blood...

my air is cold when the compreessor working...and turn hot while the idling go to 2500, mean comp not working but engine still rev high due to the controller..

so is it mean my comp really going to die?
this syntom had been happen in 3 month's back..but till now it happen again...

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
my mech just told me that maybe the temp too high.....cos compressor will cut off it's power at 2++ degree Celcius..wanna try to pour water on it when it stop..haha..

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
from my experience, perodua car tends to have the air compressor problem , it breaks downs about 3-4 times more than a proton car does. That is why I ask you are you driving a perodua, Its kind like a design flaw just like protons with it gearing system

To solve this problem , please do not go back to your perodua to fix it because after 2-3 years it will give you another problem. Go to outside a realiable aftermarket air compressor worker...... you can try to repair them but problem is non or virtually non any of Malaysia repairer can actually fix this problem 100% . Best solution, change a brand new one ...

Cheers and good luck ...

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
the problem is the temp of my compressor..i pour water when it stop working...then it work again immediately..haih..

my mech ask me to direct the compressor power, dun go thru relay..cos relay control by temp sensor...

but, wat if the compressor over heat?

Opel

Known Member
Dec 20, 2004
Malacca
Visit site
might be failing compressor magnet....try send to a reputable air cond mech... he know more what to fix rather than change ur whole compressor....

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
howiechoo said:
the problem is the temp of my compressor..i pour water when it stop working...then it work again immediately..haih..

my mech ask me to direct the compressor power, dun go thru relay..cos relay control by temp sensor...

but, wat if the compressor over heat?

compressor overheat due to the bearing/magnet kong

either that or the compressor kong

if the bearing kong..very noisy..if the compressor extra hot..also kong

martinchan

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Ipoh
i thing your compressor got problem,just change your compresso, dont thing, they we ask you to add some oil, some treatmen etc etc.... no need just change your compressor to new one, got warrenty ma, i also kena before of my mazda lantis, sometimes got aircond sometimes no fuction, !@#$%^&*:mad: . then they tell me to change compressor oil,treatmen,etc... also no use, final just change a brand new compressor. finish untill now no problem. personnal advised only.Cheers!

Regard
Martin.

EVO3gsr

Known Member
Jul 22, 2005
KL
aircon compressor weak oledi...wanna kong oledi

if u din accelerate...aircon pump run slower n aircon not cold

but when ur car is driving or u accelerate the engine...rpm become higher n aircon wil cooler

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

microfibers
Microfiber Explained

micro fiberWhat is Microfiber?
Imagine a microscopic plastic wire that cuts through and breaks apart dust, dirt, grime and moisture, and then picks it up like a magnet without scratching the surface. This is what microfiber does when cleaning. Our microfiber is a revolutionary thread, comprised of wedge-shaped polyester filaments and a core of nylon. Made of both oil-attracting and water-attracting polymers, the fibers are woven into masses of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience