Air box good ? or hks suction kits good?

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
no filter makes the best engine sounds

sugizo_takuro

Known Member
Feb 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i use the k&n imititation..after use it, feel lots of difference in response and pickup and also the grunt :top:.. if u want to use the original airbox, use drop in airfilters and custom made CAI into your airbox.. fresh air direct to your airbox are better

a31gtst

500 RPM
May 27, 2004
Has anyone tried AEM filters?

http://www.aemintakes.com/dryflow_air_filters.htm

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
using it
err no idea since i one shot all change so no idea got improvement or not la
but washable la

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
i think the points put forward at 'the clipping point' makes the desicion very easy. cone suctions are much better than mushroom heads. apexi seems to be the best with k & n coming in close at second.

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Been told that...bigger hp then you'll need to direct air supply...if stay bellow 500hp, then normal air box will do...not sure how true it is though...But it is more easy for tuning and hp increase by using direct it flow lah...

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
What are you running on your car DC? I've got the HKS hardpipe full kit and the mushroom pods but personally I don't like the pods....

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
The HKS sponge is good, but make sure you get the 3-layer dry type for our dusty environment, and beware, it's only available in green. Used to have a 2-layer wet type and left lots of chips on my compressor blades.
Yeah !! Agree !!
But..actually Air filter doesnt make much hp....maybe 1 or 2hp ?? who know ?:rolleyes:
MY fren auto car just change open port filter...the power feel like drop...after change back to stock air box...feel more respond & more power !!
Becoz stock air box wont suck hot air ~ And keep suck cold air all the time !!
The HKS air filter suck hot air especially on afternoon...but the sound damn syok !! :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, To those whom had DIY their own vertical door but do not have good, strong or longer lift absorber to lift up the door, by all means...pm me, thanx.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience