Aftermarket Suspension Experience

SoYouThinkYouCanDrive

Banned
Mar 21, 2008
dear viostar,

my TEIN HA has total 26 clicks on the soft-hard setting :)

joev8796

Known Member
Oct 23, 2008
Yes, especially kajang (*&^%$#@!!!)

:)
i liv nearby thr, usin cheras kajang highway everyday. my place oso got alot of stupidly built speedbump esp just outside my houz which both side park cars tat i cant drive zip zap. if i fetch 1 or more passenger sure wil kena. thn my mum went 2 complaint 2 da site office, i luv my mum:proud:

SoYouThinkYouCanDrive

Banned
Mar 21, 2008
yalah, these stupid bumps, some are not even 1/2 feet size, spoiling our suspensions ! knnccb :banghead:

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
dear viostar,

Bro,...

soon i will upload my tein coilover picture here, than pls check for me c either same as your's 1 not?

gtg liao tomorrow need outstation...

come back than oni upload the picture here... TQ

Bump:
dear viostar,

Bro,...

soon i will upload my tein coilover picture here, than pls check for me c either same as your's 1 not?

gtg liao tomorrow need outstation...

come back than oni upload the picture here... TQ

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
just 2 share my experience using GAB

i used to drove waja 1.6 and lowered it down using GAB height adjustable that comes with the AVCS (auto valve control stability). bought it for RM1700 since it was the most affordable for me at that time. But the softness of the suspension was uncomfortable for me as i drove my car for daily use. It tend to get even softer as time went by.

After a year of using it, i brought my car to a workshop to adjust the height and found out that one of the spring got stuck and i couldn't adjust the height after several attempts made by my mechanic.

I'm not sure if GAB is a good product since i only used it once. Maybe others can share their good/bad experiences on the reliability of GAB. This time for my new ride I'll go for TEIN. Most of the times I received good feedbacks from their customers.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
my TEIN HA has 24 clicks.

and yes, i got the name d, adjustable pillow ball mount.
silly me totally could not remember yesterday.

and yes i do agree with you all, upgrading from GAB to TEIN is like heaven and hell.
I bought mine 2nd hand also
even though it is 2nd hand, it handles so much better than my previous GAB when new.

yeah, my GAB kinda died on me after 1st year, and the following 12 months of using it was totally relying on my sparco springs that time.

Changed to TEIN, go at 230 on my putra seems so..... stable and responsive. Dun feel wobbly at all.

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
my TEIN HA has 24 clicks.

and yes, i got the name d, adjustable pillow ball mount.
silly me totally could not remember yesterday.

and yes i do agree with you all, upgrading from GAB to TEIN is like heaven and hell.
I bought mine 2nd hand also
even though it is 2nd hand, it handles so much better than my previous GAB when new.

yeah, my GAB kinda died on me after 1st year, and the following 12 months of using it was totally relying on my sparco springs that time.

Changed to TEIN, go at 230 on my putra seems so..... stable and responsive. Dun feel wobbly at all.
so bro,... wat is the setting for front & rear ? I mean soft/hard...:biggrin:

I currently put front & rear same 12 click from soft to hard... but wat the is best setting ne? to suit highway & town road....:hmmmm:

might to share....:adore:

1 side edi oil leakage but oni little bit... where to service it... :hmmmm: send to N1Racing ka? or others shop might can as well?

:driver:

monkeyu1

Jun 16, 2006
just 2 share my experience using GAB

i used to drove waja 1.6 and lowered it down using GAB height adjustable that comes with the AVCS (auto valve control stability). bought it for RM1700 since it was the most affordable for me at that time. But the softness of the suspension was uncomfortable for me as i drove my car for daily use. It tend to get even softer as time went by.

After a year of using it, i brought my car to a workshop to adjust the height and found out that one of the spring got stuck and i couldn't adjust the height after several attempts made by my mechanic.

I'm not sure if GAB is a good product since i only used it once. Maybe others can share their good/bad experiences on the reliability of GAB. This time for my new ride I'll go for TEIN. Most of the times I received good feedbacks from their customers.
same problem was mine, mine was install in getz, start was nice, not bad. after 1 year the car more bouncing ard like ball...from puteri ldp to sunway...like driving tank ard...cant stand with it.
some say the gab absorber is too hard and bouncing. is it??

i wanna change..any advise??

SoYouThinkYouCanDrive

Banned
Mar 21, 2008
ok, viostar, i just realized that, front has 26 clicks but back has 21 clicks

DarkArcoon,
the most significant thing is, the faster you go, your car stick to the road like magnet. as if you are slammed into the ground from a huge force from above.....right ?

Monkey,
IMHO......GAB and HWL entry level for street tune, they dont lasts. Unless you order those specially customized for your car, which costs more than RM2300++ but only thats the price for hi-lo with matched coils

For RM2300 u can buy recond TIEN HA liao, which is FULLY ADJUSTABLE and comfortable than HWL....hehe

Last edited:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Viostar,

I put mine to 7 clicks from the softest for the front and 14 clicks from the softest for the rear

seems to be pretty good for me.

But each person has their own preferences.

SYTYCD,

YES, the faster you go, the more firm it is on the ground.

BTW, just wanna check with u guys, is it normal for fully adjustables to have this gas sound going thru a needle like phish phish everytime the absorbers are compressed and decompressed real fast.

monkeyu1

Jun 16, 2006
ok, viostar, i just realized that, front has 26 clicks but back has 21 clicks

DarkArcoon,
the most significant thing is, the faster you go, your car stick to the road like magnet. as if you are slammed into the ground from a huge force from above.....right ?

Monkey,
IMHO......GAB and HWL entry level for street tune, they dont lasts. Unless you order those specially customized for your car, which costs more than RM2300++ but only thats the price for hi-lo with matched coils

For RM2300 u can buy recond TIEN HA liao, which is FULLY ADJUSTABLE and comfortable than HWL....hehe
hmm...good point, so the recom for tien ha... where to find the recon?
some say eibach are good? same like tien?? any comment about eibach?

zthis

Banned
May 22, 2009
This topic first caught my interest......I am using Eibach on Myvi, lowered but comfortable. But I drives very slow with my car

joev8796

Known Member
Oct 23, 2008
eibach is not meant for track so it is a lil soft 2 provide a comfy ride. n due 2 da worse road conditon in malaysia, dis spring is far more better thn those hard n performance spring coz da harder spring cant take da bouncy, wavvy road n pothole but if da road is flat da harder 1 is better.

zthis

Banned
May 22, 2009
eibach is really a good product for cars with lowered look, so fast i felt its as comfy as stock ones

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now a days interior modification of the car has really grabbed the attentions of the car enthusiasts and they are showing up with different innovations almost every day.The reason is simple.More innovations in the car's interior materials.Car interior is a wide terminology but I will, for the sake of simplicity stick my self to the car dashboard.
Obviously the first thing of the car interior which comes into notice is the dashboard bearing lots of panels and slots and if job well done,one...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience