AFC or piggyback ECU?

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
Hie bros, I using AE111 n juz converted from Auto to BT manual gearbox .. was thinking to add on some hp .. my mechanic was recommending me getting an AFC or piggyback ECU .. need some recommendations from sifus here ... according to him, AFC can only tune the fuel but piggyback ECU can tune fuels n the injection .. so, need to know which is more worth it n how much it would cost me for a 2nd hand AFC n a new unit of piggyback ECU?

thanks

Last edited:

myjun82

Known Member
Aug 30, 2005
KL
Wah~~ this one i duno la Brother~~ who know this i look forward for this question...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
go to piggyback ecu .. it work more powerful compare with AFC. But makesure u have find a right guy to tune it.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Try e-Manage Ultimate then. It has more tuning features than SAFC.

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
expenditious said:
if on a budget...emanage would do the job....can squeeze from5 to 15hp laa...but get a good tuner please...
bro, on budget means how much la ? .. I been infrm arnd 1.5k can get 1 .. isit tis the one ?

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
1.5k include installation n tuning is ok... ok only lar.. not the cheapest yet.. kekeke...
n the most important thing.. u muz find a good tuner who is not only good in talk.. many only know how to talk only..

zamrioo2

Known Member
May 2, 2005
tuner is the most important... management is no2... it is not magic afc can tapau standalone with proper tune...

nofear

Mar 9, 2006
for ur case, i guess performance chip(350-500) is good enough 4 u alr. no need 2 spend so much since u r not modding ur engine heavily, so no need get piggyback la...........

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
nofear said:
for ur case, i guess performance chip(350-500) is good enough 4 u alr. no need 2 spend so much since u r not modding ur engine heavily, so no need get piggyback la...........
broo nofear, whr can I get those performance chip? how much hp can I gain from it ? .. n how does it works ?

ryosan

Known Member
Apr 14, 2005
there's nothing you can play with chips, piggy back ecu and such. Toyota stock ecu is locked. No matter what you input will eventually back to stock settings. You can actually install a safc2 for finer tuning (air and fuel). To the extent, get a standalone ecu if you really need to increase 10 to 15HP.

Standalone/Tuner's ecu (2nd hand) will cost around RM1400 to RM1600. But again the setting may not be compatible with your car specs. And you may not know what is the actual settings is unless it has specify.

After all, you still need other supportive parts, such as extractor, air funnel (open port), aluminium crank pulley and etc to gain HP simultaneously.

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
ryosan said:
there's nothing you can play with chips, piggy back ecu and such. Toyota stock ecu is locked. No matter what you input will eventually back to stock settings. You can actually install a safc2 for finer tuning (air and fuel). To the extent, get a standalone ecu if you really need to increase 10 to 15HP.

Standalone/Tuner's ecu (2nd hand) will cost around RM1400 to RM1600. But again the setting may not be compatible with your car specs. And you may not know what is the actual settings is unless it has specify.

After all, you still need other supportive parts, such as extractor, air funnel (open port), aluminium crank pulley and etc to gain HP simultaneously.
tht means SAFC is the option la .. how much HP can I actually squeez from it r? .. wondering to actually spend the money on modding other engine parts or SAFC ..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

using 4g93NA in my wira..:slug:
will change block in near time..
so planning to do some mod along with the block changing..
heard that increase the compression will do some difference..

so the main question is:
- is it worth it for my daily driven street use only car..
- pro & con to do this mod..
- any suggestion on what piston to use & also part that must be use along with the suggested piston..
- or any other related info that i must know about this..
thanx in advance for all...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience