Advice on major repair for e46

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Get 2nd opinion whether did they overhaul. Same engine number ?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
I seriously didn't know, workshops like this really existed, their main goal is to cheat customer , and self proclaimed expert in European cars, and if you see their Facebook, they advertise their workshop through free nasi lemak and their so called woman mechanic, and they can put "we have shariah compliant(tutup aurat) and non-compliant(seksi) lady mechanics" , unfortunately I saw all this rubbish yesterday only, if I seen it earlier , I wouldn't have gone there, seriously regretting
This look like "cincai" hand work. Yet do extra painting which need your permission first.
Something fishy. Honesty ? Should treat all customer equally, if i can ask for the repair, sure i can dig out to pay the cost. No matter i wear 3/4 pant, t-shirt, singlet...etc.
Agree for 2nd opinion and check engine number.

Last edited:

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Tomorrow will go to another workshop at Senawang , called boys toys , and check the whole car, since I got the tested to KL today, tie- rod and control arm gone case, steering free turning on uneven road and bumpy abit.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Agree with bro. marshal. If can get evidence parts not changed or work not done, go to tribunal if they don't own up....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just got my car, I totally got ripped better word to put is cheated, after one my coolant looks it's getting , when I add water the float stick will go down after few days, and when I told this to the workshop , they took the car and did pressure test and told everything is OK, when I ask back how come the coolant float stick can go down after few days ,they cannot answer, when I open the engine oil cap, I see inside , all brown color ,after overhaul should be cleaner , when I ask about this , they told they used chemical to clean but the dirt all hard to come off, and lastly at the head gasket the silicone sealant can be seen , normally when they put sealant at valve cover gasket ,you can see the sealant come out abit, but first time im seeing sealant at head gasket, and the thing annoyed me most was originally my valve cover looked very new, but when I got my car back , they painted the cover to black without asking me, the paint look cheap, when I ask they told the cover looked rusty that's why painted it to black ,speechless
Could they have changed your cover? Means give an old one to you that is why they painted it, and took your nice one.....:smokin:

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
almost choke when I saw the TS's quotation,
I was only quoted less than Rm 1.5k for a full overhaul on a evo 3 engine..

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
almost choke when I saw the TS's quotation,
I was only quoted less than Rm 1.5k for a full overhaul on a evo 3 engine..
1.5k is really really too little for an evo3 man.... really really low

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
I spent rm3k to change all the cooling rubber & lower hoses + water pump + thermosthat:banghead:...
cant believe it.
just like what V2r mentioned, Rm1.5k is just the initial part.
I yet to know what else need to be replace..

until now, I still holding on..
haha, scare to open a can full of worms..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
just like what V2r mentioned, Rm1.5k is just the initial part.
I yet to know what else need to be replace..

until now, I still holding on..
haha, scare to open a can full of worms..
Can run, leave it first.......lol:driver: