Advice Needed for Celica 7 Gen

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
Hi to all ZTH celica sifus...
i'm eyeing on 7 gen Celica...most prob auto trans coz my wife will be driving it a lot
wat i would like to know is the common prob with this batch celica..

-Is there a big for manual and auto? as in the rev limit or like when auto shift thr rpm will drop below the 'high lift cam' ?
-I heard the super struts r good but the parts r hard 2 find and it cost a lot too...
so if i get the normal model and then lets say juz chg to Tein lowering spring, is the handling ok?
Say celica's handling...since its a FF...i bet understeers r normal...but how does it compare 2...erm..ek? dc2? dunwan 2 compare until dc5
-How's the fuel consumption of this babe?
-My main worries are just parts...i means the common parts tat usually kong easily wit tis celica model

still have lots of question but will ask again when sifus reply...tq

vastalux

Known Member
Feb 7, 2007
i'm eyeing on 7 gen Celica...most prob auto trans coz my wife will be driving it a lot

-Is there a big for manual and auto? as in the rev limit or like when auto shift thr rpm will drop below the 'high lift cam' ?
-I heard the super struts r good but the parts r hard 2 find and it cost a lot too...
so if i get the normal model and then lets say juz chg to Tein lowering spring, is the handling ok?
Say celica's handling...since its a FF...i bet understeers r normal...but how does it compare 2...erm..ek? dc2? dunwan 2 compare until dc5
-My main worries are just parts...i means the common parts tat usually kong easily wit tis celica model

err...

i think your questions/requirements are too contradict to your wife needed. :hmmmm:

- yup a big gap between manual and auto in term of performance.
- main difference between normal and super struts is handling. the car still the same..:biggrin:
- i dunno if compare to dc5 because never drive it. but the normal celica already have good handling
- auto tranny has teribble fuel consumption
- depends on which part you refer. but surely it will cost u more than common cars like vios, altis, etc

ir1z

Known Member
Oct 29, 2008

sure there are gonna be diff between auto and manual.
Handling no problem wut so ever with stock spring.
Fuel consumption 400-600km depends how heavy ur leg is
As far as parts are concerned most of them are not expensive. Some of the part can even take from vios or altis cuz they use the same thing.

Criz. Valentine

Known Member
Nov 23, 2009
Selangor
Is there a big for manual and auto? as in the rev limit or like when auto shift thr rpm will drop below the 'high lift cam' ?
the performance between auto and manual is big difference but in manual mode for auto you still can reach 7k rpm and experience lift but during gear shift the drop in rpm is huge

I'm using tein super street coilovers and the handling is great.

How's the fuel consumption of this babe?
like what others said it depends on how you drive. for me i cant drive without the m mode so consumption is a lil high. changing gear at 3k rpm for city drive in m mode i achieve around 400km. For a high rev engine i think its great and of course cant compare with bigger engines or common car.

U

uplinkhack

I driving SS1 auto. Fuel about 11 to 12km/l. SS2 probably around 10km/l +- a bit.

My car 7 years already. Things that spoilt so far:
door actuator (to unlock door using central system)
aircon bulb
some thermostat thing that make my aircon not working

everything else seem to be working fine. if you not thinking of modding then best is to find one that is totally stock since day 1 (not those that zhng until messy then dekit everything and sell).

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
yeah...mostly my wife will be driving it...so fc too me is still not so important...juz wan 2 know those crutial parts tat need replace xpensiv o not

mayb weekend i will take it n play play....can adjust the lift to open lower? like 6k instead of 6.2k

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
been driving mine for almost 6 years now... things that broke down were door actuator, stucked thermostat, engine mounts and now I think my O2 sensor is giving up.....

I get about 550km-600km per full tank in city driving....

superstrut edition is the high spec version.... it's not just the suspension that's superior... comes with leather steering and linings, aluminium trims and pedals, rear trunk strut bar......

if you can get a SportM with all the goodies still intact then even better.....

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
I believe sport M doesnt have Auto trans rite...heard they make tis super strut to fite wit honda double wishbone...but still double wishbone more superior

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
any1 know the history of this celica...kind of fond with the look of this celica...

ir1z

Known Member
Oct 29, 2008
looks like it comes with full bomex kit including the widen front nose only the front and rear spoiler missing.......

ir1z

Known Member
Oct 29, 2008
yup2 true. looks realy like BA5's car

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
any1 know the history of this celica...kind of fond with the look of this celica...

Very Neat! love the Wheels!:love:

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

that car looks awfully familiar.... I think it was black previousl....
was that Jesson's ride as well?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifu sifu want to ask your opinion on the breather hose..my engine after driving for a while then back at home, i notice the breather hose coming out some asap not much just like engine oil is hot..fitted with oil catch tank and temp gauge read 50c to 60c.. but i not very comfortable with the slight asap coming out from the breather hose...is it cause by the wap of the engine? or engine trouble..

currently car fitted with oil cooler,gear oil cooler, change all valve seal,gasket top to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience