vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
A lot of the older ones dont have, my old saga dont have this, I not familiar with newer cars so cant comment.
Should have. Yours probably disintegrated. My VR have, My ex wira have, even my 1996 Hyundai have. Is a dust cover for the shaft....

Reactions: stupidcar

alcyon

500 RPM

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Should have. Yours probably disintegrated. My VR have, My ex wira have, even my 1996 Hyundai have. Is a dust cover for the shaft....
The covers are not bellow type, and they dont cover the whole shaft, some dirt can get under it, and scratch the shaft and damage the seals, thats why absorbers fail quite frequently over here.

brokenjars

Known Member

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
How many of you cover the shock absorber shaft with rubber boots like the americans. Supposedly shocks will last longer.
I did. The boots prevent dirt directly splashes on the shaft. If the dirt manage to get into the seals and damage it or scratch the shaft too badly, your shocks will leak

Reactions: alcyon

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
The cover should cover the whole shaft when its on the ground. Cannot see it when its lifted, its not enclosed as well.
My stock KYB shocks arent even leaking when I changed it few days back. Thats 8 years old, but the shaft doesn't have any force anymore. Even retreating up takes ages.

Reactions: vr2turbo

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I did. The boots prevent dirt directly splashes on the shaft. If the dirt manage to get into the seals and damage it or scratch the shaft too badly, your shocks will leak
Yup, covers just slightly more than the exposed shaft. But after long time use, the cover will tear too.....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The cover should cover the whole shaft when its on the ground. Cannot see it when its lifted, its not enclosed as well.
My stock KYB shocks arent even leaking when I changed it few days back. Thats 8 years old, but the shaft doesn't have any force anymore. Even retreating up takes ages.
Not enough gas dy......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

With the first Touring Car race to commence this weekend on Sepang's recently revised circuit, featuring a brand new surface that is matched with changes both subtle and substantial, Many have speculated the changes, some have tried the circuit and formed mixed conclusions including me, If you haven't already seen my preliminary impressions and on-board video, then click here. But, enough of the uncertainties, let's...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience