Adjustables height

xatomic

Known Member
May 19, 2008
I just changed to GAB hi-lo adjustables for Wira. As i m still a noob to all these adjustables, here are some of my concerns i hope you guys here can help to address.

1) Is there such thing as an optimum height? Does lower means more stability/better handling and tradeoff of comfort?

2) My right side is a bit lower than the left. Is this normal? I am running on 15" wheels, with around 2 fingers gap on the right and 3 fingers on the left.

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
IMO the height needs to be tune base on weight of your car, & the track if your looking for extreme accuracy usually races. But for malaysian road (badly uneven), i went up to 4 fingers for the front before & its still good in corners, now im 3 fingers necause 4 looks weird.not sure bout the 2 fingers gap on right & 3 fingers left, but does not look normal to me, it might not be bad i guess.

xatomic

Known Member
May 19, 2008
the slight difference in the height exists even in stock springs and absorbers..i just thought because the driver side is on the right, it is more biased

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
i think 5K200 /4k300 means 5 kg spring rate, 200 length front & 4Kg with 300 length.

xatomic

Known Member
May 19, 2008
Sorry, but can the hi-lo type set the spring rate? i thought only the height?

Edisonkim

Known Member
Feb 13, 2006
that was a spring rate.. hehe! sorry for late reply .. anyway have fun when using adjustable hi~lo.. :)

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
optimum working hight is where the spring was 1/2 way at it's relax length and fully compress length. and where the absorber's shaft should be at it's 3/5 way down (if the shaft is 5 inches when protruded, it should sit at about 2 inches(visible) when the car is fully rest on the spring.

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
borrow ur thread for a while ya
im using hotbits adjustables wid pillowball
the prob is...when i turn left/right...there is this tok tok tok sound...
when im driving on the straight road there is no sound..
it happened once i adjusted the height of the adjustables....y is this happening bros???

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
borrow ur thread for a while ya
im using hotbits adjustables wid pillowball
the prob is...when i turn left/right...there is this tok tok tok sound...
when im driving on the straight road there is no sound..
it happened once i adjusted the height of the adjustables....y is this happening bros???
try taking out the pillow ball mount & replace with a original top mount & see if still got the sound.

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
okok will try that tmr
will this ruin my camber and alignment?
i remember the shop fella said he cant adjust the camber on my pillowball

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We're not exactly in the right place to receive any sort of a natural winter wonderland, but to be able to experience something like this would give folks a definite 'one-up' from those who have gone for tarmac-based driver training.

<!--more-->We don't usually think...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience