Adjustable Suspension..

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
KenDiriwan, the car you rode with Farouk is using what type of Ftuned suspension? Hi-Lo monotube / inverted monotube or Hi-Lo/Soft-Hard fully adjustable inverted monotube? I'm asking this because I'm planning to get a set for my ride but still considering which type to go for. Pls share. :driver:
To your question, it was a fully adjustable with inverted mono. But you sound unfamiliar with adjustable. In this case i don't suggest you to get one before knowing what you want to do and why you need it for.

Have said few times and please listen again :
What i think you should had done was hang out with people that owns similar car with aftermarket coilovers and have a ride on it so that giving you a preview of what feedback and adjust it with your requirement. But being that most oversea brand does not provide tuning unless they have sifu of their own.

I don't buy the idea of others saying which brand is comfy and which is not. Being able to sit in the exact car as mine and gather feedback is what matter most to me before deciding which, because not everyone's butt prefer the same bounce/roll of the car. Feeling it yourself should be prioritize. Then the rest features come into consideration as in tuning, maintenance, specs etc.

After that come back and seriously put on a budget for a good one at least for not short-term. Suspension is not something like changing steering wheel or bodykit. If it is the wrong one for you, you get to suffer and withstand with all that uncomfortable. Until you get yours current sold or could afford different one.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Having adjustable not necessary adjust every time. With adjustable I can fine tune until the setting I want....:driver:
out of group of 4 friends, all running hi/lo soft hard adjustable, only 1 guy actually adjusts it.

myself and another guy never touched 3 months after installing. and another 1 tweaks once every 3 years when he change tyre.

Fine tune... when you do the custom abs first time..get the sifu to fine tune...then pakai only lah..why pay extra for adjustable feature.

I not kaya maaaaaa

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
out of group of 4 friends, all running hi/lo soft hard adjustable, only 1 guy actually adjusts it.

myself and another guy never touched 3 months after installing. and another 1 tweaks once every 3 years when he change tyre.

Fine tune... when you do the custom abs first time..get the sifu to fine tune...then pakai only lah..why pay extra for adjustable feature.

I not kaya maaaaaa
If not adjustable how to fine tune. Height is fixed.

Anyway I got good deal, 2nd hand full adjustable. If pay full also have to think twice....hhahahhaha:biggrin:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
ixeo, of course I need to consider. All the set ups I mentioned above are different from each other, in terms of specs and prices. Adjustables are not only for track lah..

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

I not kaya maaaaaa
This, I agree 100%.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
adjustable is not only for track. adjustable is only for people who actually adjusts...

i am the guy who will pay for custom setup the first time, do proper corner weights for all 4 wheels, set proper height so the lower arms are parallel to the ground, and then get sensei to match the dampeners to the spring selected by the sifu..

after that..i will forget about it because my boat used to go pasar only, not track.

so all i'm saying is that..buy adjustable if you want to adjust lah...
if you intend to adjust to get the setting you want then you'll never touch it after that..get custom.

examples of sifu i am talking about is like RCS or FTUNED...

norick

Known Member
Mar 28, 2006
Thats the reason why i install GAB ADFC... electronic damping controller in car..
before i own it ill adj the soft/hard time to time, or follow my mood.

i strongly recommend who use adjustable suspension try to get a set of this kind of in car controller, what ever brand..
with this thing i found my preferred or so call perfect (just for me) 3 settings saved within 1 week..
1 - Normal Drive (only wife & 3 kids, empty trunk, weight Distribution. est F 80% R 20%)
2 - Sport Mode (all same as no.1, but i traded comfortable to gain handling when mood kick in)
3 - Full Loaded (Full loaded trunk, deliver goods to customer, weight Distribution. est F 55% R 45%)

so adjustable suspension is made for u to adjust to suit the changes of weight distribution, and ur mood too..
with this controller u dont need to crawl here crawl there, open hood open panel...
if u dont hv.... then u should start crawl ... :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thats the reason why i install GAB ADFC... electronic damping controller in car..

i strongly recommend who use adjustable suspension try to get a set of this kind of in car controller, what ever brand..
with this thing i found my preferred or so call perfect (just for me) 3 settings saved within 1 week..
1 - Normal Drive (only wife & 3 kids, empty trunk, weight Distribution. est F 80% R 20%)
2 - Sport Mode (all same as no.1, but i traded comfortable to gain handling when mood kick in)
3 - Full Loaded (Full loaded trunk, deliver goods to customer, weight Distribution. est F 55% R 45%)

so adjustable suspension is made for u to adjust to suit the changes of weight distribution, and ur mood too..
with this controller u dont need to crawl here crawl there, open hood open panel...
Your ADFC works with GAB only or any brand adjustable?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

That is making full use of adjustable. I agree if THAT is what you intend to do with your adjustable.

So yeah..either buy that.. crawl..or don't buy adjustable..

norick

Known Member
Mar 28, 2006
Your ADFC works with GAB only or any brand adjustable?
hmm.. im not sure, they dont mention but i get info that it may use on other's brand..
u know, marketing issue.. they wont tell u more if there's no gain ....

But fore sure is the "remote motor head" is share supplier with Blitz Japan..
and its made for 32 clicks (actual setting available only 30, 1st & last click is freeze for safety), and 16 clicks (actual setting only 15 or less 1..)

Thats waht i knew about it..
So who wish to know more can direct gv GAB a call..
i tk no commission, just sharing ...:driver:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
That is making full use of adjustable. I agree if THAT is what you intend to do with your adjustable.

So yeah..either buy that.. crawl..or don't buy adjustable..
But before this you said most people don't need the adjustable features (soft-hard)? I'm confused because I'm really a newbie to all these adjustable suspension things..

May 18, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, i wanted to ask. Im very newbie about this. I wanted to change adjustable hlsh. Few of the sales man told me to change improve hyperflex adjustable. But few of my friends told me to change bc racing. But one of my wira friend asked me to change hwl on my new vios. I really need all sifus sifus advice.. one more month i need to confirm change already. Desperately need help!!!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Different people different preference especially branding. Search and read more before buying

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi, i wanted to ask. Im very newbie about this. I wanted to change adjustable hlsh. Few of the sales man told me to change improve hyperflex adjustable. But few of my friends told me to change bc racing. But one of my wira friend asked me to change hwl on my new vios. I really need all sifus sifus advice.. one more month i need to confirm change already. Desperately need help!!!
BC Racing and Improve Hyperflex are pretty much the same thing except BC is cheaper. HWL if setup right is pretty decent too but getting it exactly how you want it takes time and money.

Suggest you just make friends with a reputable installer, and go with the installer, not the brand. If the installer knows what he's doing, regardless of brand you'll get what you want from the suspension. Each person has different requirements and my hard may not be the same hard for you if you know what I mean.

However if you ask me to choose between those brands for a Vios, I'd go for BC.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here it is, finally and exclusively on NihonCar.com, one of or probably THE most anticipated Japanese sportscars matchup of the year: the everlasting battle between two kings of rally stages over the last decades; the Subaru Impreza WRX STi versus the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X!

Over the past few years we had the privilege to test drive some pretty amazing and exclusive cars by each of those two manufacturers, for example...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience