Adjustable fuel regulator

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
i heard that your's is leaking right? i think the diaphragm is broken due to rough adjustment..

Have you swapped it back to the stock FPR? how you reset? disconnecting the bat?

masvidal

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Originally posted by drexchan@Feb 26 2005, 19:01
i heard that your's is leaking right? i think the diaphragm is broken due to rough adjustment..

Have you swapped it back to the stock FPR? how you reset? disconnecting the bat?
i still use the same AFR. reset by disconnecting the battery. after that pressure is around 36psi. but after drive it, pressure when down back to 34psi (my original setting). will check again tommorow.

wah, the diaphragm is so sensitive ka? i dont have any idea. i adjust it normally. this fuel in vacuum connection can effect the engine?

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Originally posted by masvidal+Feb 27 2005, 00:15 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (masvidal @ Feb 27 2005, 00:15 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-drexchan@Feb 26 2005, 19:01

i still use the same AFR. reset by disconnecting the battery. after that pressure is around 36psi. but after drive it, pressure when down back to 34psi (my original setting). will check again tommorow.

wah, the diaphragm is so sensitive ka? i dont have any idea. i adjust it normally. this fuel in vacuum connection can effect the engine? [/b][/quote]
You'll be running rich.. it's just like an uncontrolled fifth injector.

taufux

Known Member
Dec 22, 2004
4 sea be home
Visit site
I'm newbie in this can i know wat is the AFR and FPR tat u guys talking about?

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
have you guys tried out coupling the A-FPR with a FMU? I found that it gives a comparetive response (if not better) even with pressure set to be lower than stock.

FMU - fuel management unit, also called RR-FPR (rising rate FPR), to boost the rising of the manifold pressure at a factor >1.

Stock FPR and most of the normal A-FPR gives a 1:1. Meaning 1 psi increase in manifold increases 1 psi in the fuel rail.

FMU or RR-FPR give a 1:1.xx boost. Meaning it increases the fuel pressure at > 1x than each psi increase in the manifold pressure.

See the attached diagram in the bottom of the post.

The vacuum hose from the A-FPR is connected to the FMU before going into the manifold. Another vacuum port is Tee'ed to the PCV.

mine is a denso unit from japan. Used, quite old, non-adjstable but still gives a boost. Well.. mine is NOT exactly a FMU coz it has a small filter mounted at the top (which FMU don't have). I dunno what's shouls i call it so just put it as a FMU.

I lowered the idling pressure to 32psi (stock 36psi).

The combination seems to behave pretty well. Will keep monitoring the performance and FC...

Last edited:

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
masvidal & guys:
I assume that you are driving a Proton 1.5 or 1.3 even. From what I have seen on alot of Protons that I have done. The factory settings for all Proton Denso FPR is set at 40PSI Idle and 48PSI Full Throttle (Vacuum Off). If you set your Proton to 36 or 37, it should give you good Throttle Response and Acceleration. This is because the 40PSI pressure set by Proton is to ensure that engine will always be running smooth at the expense of acceleration and response.

But then again A-FPR value should not fluctuate after u set it, if you set at 36PSI Idle then it should return to 36PSI after revving.

Hope this helps.

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Originally posted by masvidal@Mar 5 2005, 20:09
Dear EFN,

after revving, it drop slightly down to 34psi and then back to normal 36psi. what could be wrong?
Do this test:

Let the engine Idle. Disconnect Vacuum from the A-FPR and what's the reading. With vacuum disconnected it will show Full Throttle pressure which should be around 44 or 46PSI. If the reading is lower than that (less than 42PSI) then you might have vacuum leak or vacuum is getting weak.

Sometimes it is normal for the pressure to dip down a bit when throttle is opened but then it should immediately rise after dipping - IMMEDIATELY.

bigroom

Known Member
Dec 9, 2004
Visit site
hey EFN......do u noe d stock standard FPR measurement 4 wira 1.6? tanx. btw mine's auto. Or anybody else noes......

Aug 3, 2010
Penang
hi guys senior2,

im using 4g91 convert turbo. my turbine is td05, using evo 3 wiring including the injector. right now im using aerospeed fpr. i use fuel pump from rb model. can u guys please help me how much should i set my fpr to give better response for my throttle?(not lean and not to rich) right now i set at 48 psi(vacum on). when i test at full boost, i can see some black smoke is coming out from my exzos. is it normal for turbo? my boost is 0.8 only. engine stock. thx guys...

devilz 78

Known Member
Jul 25, 2008
kuala lumpur
greetings seniors

im having problem with my fuel pressure drop quite low for a 4g92p, if im reading it right now reading at 2.5 bar, as other otais said it shud be standard rate at 3 or 3.5 bar rite? this happens because of bigger diameter of throttle body i installed earlier or my fuel pump is getting its way to the dustbins ? mau kong... pls kindly show me some pointers here thanks:adore:

devilz 78

Known Member
Jul 25, 2008
kuala lumpur
hahaha problem solve its my stupid frp dead edi, after changing to a new one it runs like a champ....morale of the story dont buy counterfeit product due to so cheap price huhuh

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:wavey:Hi all hope u guys enjoyed this post

erm due to zth auto resize pictures im afraid you cant view the pics of words properly, here in the direct link to the post
http://i.pictr.com/y2fsbni18f.jpg
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience