Adjustable fuel regulator

Rigid

Known Member
Jun 3, 2004
yo expert and experienced one's...

a question which triggered me after calculating the reality of KW....which end up my car runs to lean at higher rpm when speeding....shit....

so if let say i buy it and intend to install it by my own....how to measure it accurately and maybe if any of u got the idea on the calculations...yeah give me a pop...i sure feel the rest might wanted to know too...

Rigid

Known Member
Jun 3, 2004
too many ricer

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
For A-FPR Tuning follow this guide:

1. Install Fuel Pressure Gauge between the Fuel Rail and the Fuel Hose from Tank.
2. Crank-Up engine and check current pressure level at idle
3. Then check Wide Open Throttle pressure by disconnecting the Vacuum hose from the FPR
4. Record all the findings and if possible compare them with the Standard spec of the car from car manual (if available)
5. Install an Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator unit
6. With the data collected earlier, if you suspect that your car is running lean, diconnect Vacuum hose from the AFPR and adjust the tuning screw to the next available pressure stage (1PSI increase)
7. Test drive your car to see if similar symptoms exist.
8. If still exist, increase another PSI

If after increasing 10PSI and car still run lean, then you might have problem with:
1. Fuel Pump - getting old and weak
2. Injectors - Varnish sediment developed in the passages
3. Fuel Filter - Simple dirty case
4. Fuel Lines - Bent due to impact
5. OEM FPR - Tensioner spring has gone soft

Ultimately, you can send your car for Dyno to get Wide band Air-Fuel-Ratio reading. Only Wide Band AFR can tell exactly at which RPM the lean situation occurs.

Hope this helps.

Rigid

Known Member
Jun 3, 2004
cool...will definitely keep this as future reference

If after increasing 10PSI and car still run lean, then you might have problem with:
1. Fuel Pump - getting old and weak
2. Injectors - Varnish sediment developed in the passages**
3. Fuel Filter - Simple dirty case
4. Fuel Lines - Bent due to impact
5. OEM FPR - Tensioner spring has gone soft

i really fear with no.2**

masvidal

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
anybody knows what is the ideal fuel pressure for stock proton 1.5? currently i set the idle around 32psi and with full throttle it will increase around 40psi.

tacira

Known Member
Jun 6, 2004
anybody knows what is the ideal fuel pressure for stock mivec 1.6?

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Each car differs from another even if they are the same model. I have seen 6 different Toyota 4A-GE 20V 1.6L running 6 different Pressure Level even if they belong to the same model. Some are optimized at 28PSI some need 35PSI, not one are the same. What this means is that once you have A-FPR installed, you have the luxury to test out the ranges that suit your car the best. Just need to be a bit active in self-tuning the A-FPR. How to know the best setup, you need to determine first what sort of experience you need. If you require smooth and silky engine response, higher pressure usually helps. For prompt throttle response and nimble acceleration, lower pressure will do the trick - but sometimes can be a bit rough. Still not happy with tuning, just go for a Dyno test and surely the proper setting will be revealed on the sheets.

masvidal

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
help!!

why when i adjust around 36psi and when i rev, the engine feel want to go off?

now, lower it to 32psi and then rev, the engine more stable. but once in a while, while driving, feel like the engine go off also.

fzee70

Oct 27, 2004
guys...for RB engine what is the best setting I mean how many psi during idling and hi rev supposed to be. And what should I do if i haven't get the hi rev level. Change or add another fuel pump. Currently the idling setting is 35psi...it's ok and i'm using complete set aeropseed FPR. Your help will be much appreciated....

masvidal

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Originally posted by masvidal@Feb 15 2005, 19:58
help!!

why when i adjust around 36psi and when i rev, the engine feel want to go off?

now, lower it to 32psi and then rev, the engine more stable. but once in a while, while driving, feel like the engine go off also.
wei, mr. drexchan, help me lah about this thing.

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
how could i help? You must test the setting until you satisfied. Otherwise just swap back to the stock FPR and record down the pressure. Start from that value and plays around with the screw driver.. I do that too.

Just swapped back to stock FPR (coz i will upgrade to the intergrated gauge version). Now i do have the same feeling like you too. Once a while the idling became unstable and seems like want to die-off. Driven down the road. Acceleration was ok but face some jerking during corner (clutch down, down shifting). I also dunno what happen..

Supposingly the stock setting is the best for stability and drivability. Since i am now running without the gauge, i couldn't do anything about it. Will wait for the new version to be installed then i can further test it.

And to make things easier. it's better to makesure that everything works fine.. for example the TB must be clean. The air temperature during the testing is also important. I recon to do it during day time. If the setting works well in hotter temp., i'll work even better in colder condition.

masvidal

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
thanks dude. suspect something wrong with the AFR la. today i reset back the ecu. after doing some road test, seem that everything is ok. will test it a few more days.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just as Air Asia head honcho Tony Fernandes said that looking to the future and planning ahead was the key to the low-cost carrier’s success, even if it took eight years to get to the top, the same school of thought is being implemented at Lotus Racing by embracing young talent in preparation for the future with 16 year old Malaysian karting...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience