adjustable absorber ratings!! and idling

morgan

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
1) Which adjustable suspension( HWL, TITAN Racing or Comfort) is better for handling and comfort? Currently im using GAB which is quite hard..or is there any suggestion of suspension which is better than the above?
thanks...

2) My car is idling at very low rpm roughly around 500-600 rpm sometimes even lower than that. Some of the Zth's member told me it could be the leaking so i have change to stainless steel i/c and new i/c as well but still idling? what could be the coz?

3) What shall i do to improve my throttle response? currently im using 4G93T..
Thanks in advance..

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
1) Which adjustable suspension( HWL, TITAN Racing or Comfort) is better for handling and comfort? Currently im using GAB which is quite hard..or is there any suggestion of suspension which is better than the above?
thanks...

2) My car is idling at very low rpm roughly around 500-600 rpm sometimes even lower than that. Some of the Zth's member told me it could be the leaking so i have change to stainless steel i/c and new i/c as well but still idling? what could be the coz?

Thanks in advance..
1.I heard they gave lot of good feedbacks on Titan..u can search it somewer around the forum..and on the search,u can find alot information on HWL,Titan and get the answer by your own :)...personally i haven't mod my suspension yet so no idea xD..

2.Idling wit aircon or without? might be your throtle body idling valve...try set it to higher rpm by turning the idling valve skru..forgot left or right lol..play wit it,and u wil know which direction is high and low..leaking? don think tis is gona do wit your idling UNLESS u said tat your car RPM is unstable, mis-firing or engine shut off by itself...
and yet,u said u'd change to stainless steel piping and stil the problem occur..

3.u can improve your throttle response by changing to a better ECU,reduce rotating mess (flywheel,engine internals,etc)...An ecu wil help more then a lot in solving your problem..

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
thanks...

Thanks in advance..
1. TITAN... custom made to ur preference....

2. not sure about 4g93t though...

3. smaller turbine, higher compression ratio, remap ur fuel mapping, advancing ur ignition timing... jz to name a few... play with few settings to get the best out from ur car....

morgan

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
w/o air cond on it idles. when the air-cond is on it increases around 900rpm..when u said to adjust the throttle body, i know..the thing is the screw where u have to adjust, the bunga gone hahahahaha.. cannot adjust liao..so i guess need to buy a throttle body? where can i get a stock GSR T/B?

The other thing is izzit necessary to have a adjustable suspension or juz use stock for a turbocharged car? my car is damm old bout 10 years old this june..

Last edited:

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
w/o air cond on it idles. when the air-cond is on it increases around 900rpm..when u said to adjust the throttle body, i know..the thing is the screw where u have to adjust, the bunga gone hahahahaha.. cannot adjust liao..so i guess need to buy a throttle body? where can i get a stock GSR T/B?

The other thing is izzit necessary to have a adjustable suspension or juz use stock for a turbocharged car? my car is damm old bout 10 years old this june..
LOL...i think u can give a try by changing your throttle body..is ain't tat expensive then stainless steel piping...u can get it at any halfcut shop nearby your area or u know....

is not necessary to have an adjustable suspension...BUT, in the terms of safety when u're cruising at 150km/h or higher,u need a harder spring so tat when the road got holes and your car fly over it,your car wil just shake one time...if u're using soft type,your car wil bump bump bump but without feelings...and tis can cause u mis handling and end up ................ .
wan to compare old?lol..my car is 13years old zz...is all bout how u take care of it :)

well is all up to u...like me i don mind harder spring cause i no need to fetch gf,parents...lol...is only for myself...
if u wan a comfortable ride,how come u turboe'd your car?for pickup usage only?is yes then u might change your suspension to comfortable type :)

Last edited:

morgan

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
Do u drive ur car daily or only in the weekend?im using it daily...dats why i need something comfortable.. i was reading a thread on upgrading the turbo and u were planning to upgrade ur siput to TD05, have u upgraded it?how was it like?does this modification decreases ur reliability of the engine?

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
i'm indeed same as u driving for daily usage to collage and backhome...i got no other car beside tat...if u're alone,u might get used to the harder spring tat u got rite now..if u feel it's ok for u,then u might leave it like tat or maybe u really wan a comfortable ride then change it...

i haven't change my siput yet..cause i'd change my target..not longer td05...garrett t2876r is my dream xD....
found tat td05 is so small hahahhaha...well is actually the best for 4g93t in the terms of lag n spool....
gt2876r wil be more lagger then td05 but once kick in,u gona feel it...

decrease the reliability of the engine??do u mind to elaborate more?i can't get wat u mean, or maybe i'm too tired lol...

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
depends lor... if normal normal drive around town, stiffer spring will do... stiffer spring will allow more firm stance... hence, reducing wheel spin and increase traction...

but if u regulars at trackday, get adjustable (especially the soft/hard ones) is more suitable... settings for street and track is alot of difference....

HWL also can do custom...
yeap... but must go back to their factory at sg buluh....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Am plannin to get my ride re-painted and restore its ol skool look. Its a 1985 Toyota Cressida.

Currently :
- rust spots all over the car
- paint starts to flake, espcially at the trunk area.
- Big holes caused by the blardy rusts...(Behind rear wheel mudflap)
- Mini dents. Accumulated over d years.(Motorbike handle bars, plp leaning, etc) :angry:

My questions are:
- Will the cost be cheaper if I were to re-paint the car with the same color (ori paint)??

- Re-welding and bondo 'ing'...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience