acidic birdsh**!?

resilienthunter

I just want to drive
Sep 7, 2004
JB
Visit site
sum fukin bird pooped on my car bonnet and thers a stain there which wont come off..ive tried washing it with soap..waxed it , but it just wont budge. anyone has any ideas?

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
mayb putting sumthing tat is alkaline 2 neutraliz the acid???heehhe....
just my jk...worth a try...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wat kinda birshiet is that?!?! Or rather what kinda stain is left over? I don't know what it's called but certain car wash places have this stain remover (not wax) liquid that can do wonders. My car was washed, waxed and waxed again and it was STILL able to dig out some dirt under all that wax and metal.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
yup, some car wash/wax place got some stuff to remove it......try to ask some car wash/wax place nearby lah....but not those at petrol station 1 lah.....

zique

Kopi O Lesen Driver
Jun 30, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, M
mikeyip.com
Had that experience before.
Kena bombarded by a bloody bird while my car was parked outside a restaurant, an hour later, saw the big blop on top of my bonnet, went home to wash, the bloody thing just glued there. After a few (god knows how many times..) it finally comes off, but got marking on the bonnet already from the shit.

cmos

Known Member
Oct 29, 2004
Timbuktu
Visit site
Try putting a blob of liquid wax on it for a while. Mabbe can help soften it up a bit 1st. Then see if it will budge... sometimes can... sometimes cannot.

I'm not so afraid of bird poo, coz most of the time still can save abit. The thing I'm most afraid of is tree sap. Shite... this one if kena guarantee cannot come off liao. Permanent very ugly stain. My car kena 9 9... sigh...

popiah

Known Member
Mar 20, 2004
if it has gone into the clear coat, then nothing you can do liao. :P however, if it is still on the surface, you can try something something like what they mentioned, bug and tar remover, else you would like to try DACP and if that doesn't work, then try DCC. :P

i have a couple of spots which are not removable too. even with machine and DCC. next thing to try would be sanding and even I doubt that would help. Haha. Lesson here, is to wash off bird shit as soon as possible. :P

lix

Known Member
Nov 5, 2004
Visit site
can try soft 99 (made in japan one). Soak it for 2 min then polish it of.
I also kene before but now i applied one layer of silicon oil on the paint surface. After that i also kena the bird shit but this time it don't penatrate through the paint. I think it works.... Worth a try

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Try either Tar Remover from Car Plan or rubbing compound -> careful, this is good stuff and can even remove the paint off! :o