Achilles ATR Sport

nasr

Known Member
Oct 21, 2004
Just changed my tyre from sdrive to atr due to bajet constraint..he2. Bought it rm175 for 195/55/15 size,
so far ok for daily drive and comfort then sdrive. Performance not yet try above 160km/h

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i have been using GY Eagle F1 Directional 5 for about 2 n half months now for my daily drive, all i can say is the grip is not bad especially on dry road, good for fast n hard cornering. But very bad on wet cement floor (not tar), car will skid n lost traction when u driving on a wet cement flr especially in basement car park. Before this was using on PS 3 195/55/15, now on 205/45/17. STill PS3 the best but come with a price for this kind of size.
Bro. mick, wet cement floor you also whack ah? Some more in basement.....:biggrin:

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
not whack la, is just a slow speed around 20-25km/h, when i turn then it will skid or slide. :C

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
not whack la, is just a slow speed around 20-25km/h, when i turn then it will skid or slide. :C
That is very bad woh! I know most tyres that are not good in traction will squeak on cement floor, so you mean is wet cement floor will slide.....:banghead:

moonrex

Jul 7, 2004
just got this tyre frm danau kota, 195-50-15 RM 160/pcs,
quite fresh, 0112 date. tyre pattern is quite chunky,

Roger89

Known Member
Jan 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Roger89, may I asked which part of Danau Kota that I can get Achilles ATR Sport for that price? Mind to share? RM165 for what size? 195/55/15 or 195/50/15???
hey nd4ever, I got it from:

PTS Auto
No. 6, Jalan 7/23E Taman Danau Kota, Setapak 53300,
Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia.
They have website too: Welcome to PTS Tyre Auto Services

But warning though, the service there may not be good as my previous rims got scratches on the edge when they removed the old tyre.. Especially their workers gotta be careful.

btw, it's RM165 for 195/55/15.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Workers problem, get them every where......:banghead:

Was impressed that they have a website, but when you open the tyre page, Bridgestone on the left is missing, then the word Bridgestone under their Logo is miss spell as BRIDEGESTONE.:confused:

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com

PTS Auto
No. 6, Jalan 7/23E Taman Danau Kota, Setapak 53300,
Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia.
They have website too: Welcome to PTS Tyre Auto Services

But warning though, the service there may not be good as my previous rims got scratches on the edge when they removed the old tyre.. Especially their workers gotta be careful.

btw, it's RM165 for 195/55/15.
Good Morning Roger, thanks for your reply & I'll pay them a visit to see what other brands of tires available.

moonrex

Jul 7, 2004
moonrex: so hows the new rubber?quite?grip?keep us update
well... i'm buying this cheap tyre to put on my car that only hibernates under my porch..hehe
last year, i drove it less than 10 times....
such a waste to get ad08 or other pricey tyre if the car is not driven right, so archilles lor...
until today i've only driven it once, and i think it is more on the quiet side, but i can't compare leh, cos i don't drive a lot, don't drive everyday, not like working ppl, sales guy.
Grip... can't tell, cos I never 'pek' on d road :biggrin:
wet grip.... my car never go out when it rains...

Wah! you compare to Yoko AD-07 ah?
yes. that AD07 is my old tyre that i'm swapping out. that AD07 is from 2003, it has been with my car for 9 years already.

oh, i'm also scared of scratching my rim, when changing tyre, but this rule apply to all tyre shop where ever u go change tyre.
- be very very frenly with the workers, tell them nicely, that u want to be extra extra careful with the rims.

the boys at PTS are frenly, boss oso frenly, i told them to put some kad or rubbler on the rim side when they cungkil the tyre from the rim. sometimes the lever will crack the paint on the rim side.
But to my surprise they use this technique that i've not seen before ( cos I seldom change tyre at tyre shop mah )
The lever they dun put it touching your rim, they put it on the arm of the machine to pry the tyre up, so there is no contact of the lever on ur rim at all.
One point that can't be avoided is the lever have to touch the inside of ur rim when they put the tyre in.
Another thing that can scratch ur tyre is they clamp of the tyre changing machine, it clamps very tightly to the underside of ur rim, you have to either tape the rim whole round, or ask them to put sometime on the clamp, i'm not sure if it is possible....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi every sifu,

i want to ask, is there a difference between wira 1.5GL and 1.5GLi front suspension?

i own a 1.5GL where my bro own a 1.5GLi

i saw my bro front is higher than mine...
for example, for his car, i can put 4 fingers in the spacing between the tyre to the chassis. where mine only can fit 3 fingers.

but i notice some 1.5GL front, some same as mine, some the high rate is like 1.5GLi

what they change ? spring ? or absorber ? or add on rubber (but i dont prefer to add on rubber)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience