Accord Euro-R CL7 maintenance..

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
congrat bro aja for ur cl7r...not regret of buying it...if ur one is with the spoiler is it from mugen? prefacelift ver isn it?
guys,

I'm using euro R earlier model now (H22AR). So, so far I believe it pretty a good NA choice that we have, compared to other Japanese make. So far, that the best NA I ever drove. (at the cc range)

Tweft,
Not so sure wether the spoiler is made from Mugen, but there is a spoiler, mugen door visors as well as mugen front grill. The rest still looks stock to me.

I've test drive the car earlier and stock CL7 really felt like driving a Wira 1.3!! hehehehe

Bump:
aja, good choice..I oso bought my CL7 frm MM last april. I called the salesman last week and told me that both of the CL7 oredi sold.. very fast la...still lot of people love the CL7,only not many grey imp want to bring in the car. Aja,what u get for free from MM? They gave me free the blitz air filter (yelow color) plus 1 M7 semi eng oil.
Ameng,

I didn't get any freebies, except for the "hole-in-one" dashboard. :banghead::banghead:

MM said they going to replace the part for me (top of the dashboard, the middle console whereby thsi previous Japenese guy tebuk lubang to put meters onthe dashboard)

I even told them not to service the car as they said they normally service customer car using M7 oil (never heard). BTW, I'm bring the car to Tung Chun to do oil & gear box change using Motul oil.

Yours YM 04 as well?. how much did they sell to you?.

FornaX

Known Member
Feb 11, 2006
So Aja going the ride the CL7 soon .. Congrat !! I never test drive the car yet, stock really fell like Wira 1.3 ?? Coz I hope to remain stock if can .. urm ... Wira 1.3 errr :rofl:

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
So Aja going the ride the CL7 soon .. Congrat !! I never test drive the car yet, stock really fell like Wira 1.3 ?? Coz I hope to remain stock if can .. urm ... Wira 1.3 errr :rofl:
On paper, the feeling should be better. Don't worry.

I beleive it's something related to the left-over wiring of the aftermarket meters.

I do experience the same situation last time when my current accord bangs by thief. They stole my rsm and Recaro seats. What happened was while driving to the mechanic, my H22AR vtec not engaged at all, even rpm post 6000.

Once reset the ECU and all left-over wires cleared up, then the car back to normal again.

LIke this case, I beleive this the issue.

tweftfom

Apr 10, 2009
..driving like a wira 1.3? u must be kidding bro :rofl:

i choose to differ hihi...watever that ur opinion...btw in wat aspect did u feel like a wira 1.3?

zafreen_07

Known Member
Apr 25, 2009
wo bro aja, so now the cl7r is your la, me frequently eat ant nearby warong... love to see the white cl7r... now got few displayed white color car in mm larkin... evo x, gtr 35, fd2r.. but not for sell atm... who how much cost u the cl7r... which can buy one of many honda type r car...

FornaX

Known Member
Feb 11, 2006
Horrible Case happened to you ! Lucky they didn't kidnap you as well .. Haha

You went to Singapore / Honda Service center in Malaysia to reset your ECU ?

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Horrible Case happened to you ! Lucky they didn't kidnap you as well .. Haha

You went to Singapore / Honda Service center in Malaysia to reset your ECU ?
hehehe. Definitely they won't kidnapped me once they met me lor!!:biggrin::biggrin:

BTW, my mechanic reset the ECU for me. No big deal.

Bump:
..driving like a wira 1.3? u must be kidding bro :rofl:

i choose to differ hihi...watever that ur opinion...btw in wat aspect did u feel like a wira 1.3?
Rpm to reached 5000rpm at 3rg gear feel soo heavy. As I noted earlier, there must be an issue on the left-over gadgets wiring..not prolerly dismantle.

Bump:
aja, good choice..I oso bought my CL7 frm MM last april. I called the salesman last week and told me that both of the CL7 oredi sold.. very fast la...still lot of people love the CL7,only not many grey imp want to bring in the car. Aja,what u get for free from MM? They gave me free the blitz air filter (yelow color) plus 1 M7 semi eng oil.
I believe that the one at MM Larkin (non-spoiler one) still there. I did asked them to blocked both car so that easier for me choose it last monday (since they persuade me like hell to buy the caR). That why if you called them last week, they told yuo that both car already sold.

tweftfom

Apr 10, 2009
oic...mugen front grill is my choice...good for u to have it aja....now im trying to search for it...

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
oic...mugen front grill is my choice...good for u to have it aja....now im trying to search for it...
I've few old contacts on singapore Honda geng. Few of them upgraded from CL1 to CL7 but many of them upgrade to 4WDT. I still recognised few. In fact, last 3 week just came back from there, after took some "sedekah" parts for my other non-honda car.

Why not one day after raya, we pakat2 few cars and go to Spore looking for parts.(2nd hand ler). Currently I'm hardly looking for headers + exhaust system (HKS or Fujisutbo).

BTW, I'm selling my front CL7 seats. Sapa2 wanna buy, pm me. Special price.

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
Aja, Kamarul is looking for EuroR seats. jacky also.

I've driven the CL7R, and compared to our CL1, the CL7R lacks low-end torque. Seriously.

It's fun to rev it up to 8k RPM, but that's just about it. The H22a has a fatter torque curve, hence the stronger 3rd gear pull.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Aja, Kamarul is looking for EuroR seats. jacky also.

I've driven the CL7R, and compared to our CL1, the CL7R lacks low-end torque. Seriously.

It's fun to rev it up to 8k RPM, but that's just about it. The H22a has a fatter torque curve, hence the stronger 3rd gear pull.
That what I meant like driving wira 1.3cc & drive like a lorry. The low-end torque pretty bad. Can't really imagine if going to Genting uphill. 2nd gear all the way. Maybe that explained what kilang said on 0-100 in 7.3 second. Hoping with some headers + exhaust combination would reduce the low-end traction.

Kamarul?. what was his nick?

tweftfom

Apr 10, 2009
....yeah to have better acceleration, we would need more torque at low end and mid level and cl7r lack of it compare to cl1...but watever it is cl7r is still a good combination of performance, looks, comfort and luxury and it is the last version Accord with the letter R (dont know whether there will be all new accord euro R in future) so grab it while u can hahaha...and but still comparing to wira is something dat i cant swallow hihihi (no offence)....well good intake, throttle body, manifold, exhaust, ECU tuning etc could help to improve it...sometimes i have to remind myself dat cl7r is not a pure R like Accord Type R hihihi...

aja hks n header should be a good choice, im also thinking of changing into both...but now first thing on my list is changing the stock suspension to mugen coilovers...others will follow...

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ferrari’s 4.5L dry-sump, 90-degree, naturally-aspirated V8 engine managed to win the Best Performance Engine for the second year running during the prestigious International Engine of the Year Awards.

A panel of motoring journalists from 35 countries inspected and judged the shortlisted engines that made it into the final selection using their driving impressions and technical...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience