Accord Euro-R CL7 maintenance..

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
of coz la dah change bro.....my engine using 5 litre, i think ur car should 4 litre je kot. lot of engine oil can used la, me always used shell semisyn dulu...but changed to honda semisyn oil now. shell oil quite bising la......if other otais, they used motul etc....
oil filter lak i'm using h22a standard oil filter, u can use k20a oil filter also.....dc5 nye la kot. its ok if used standard oil filter...same performance if used any brand also. only can feel the difference if u used different size of oil filter. dulu had used momo oil filter, size quite small, can feel the different...but have to change in next service la coz it capacity small

tweftfom

Apr 10, 2009
if cl7r...no variant ...all same...different on the optional parts
but if cl7r and cl7 and cl9 have different on the lsd....details can ask bro bien, he is honda engineer...hehehhe
btw, bro tweftfom...u finding 1 ke?
jst got cl7r last year la bro...but im a lil bit confuse coz when i did my skimming on the front rotors..asked the foreman to check whether my cl7r got lsd or not? but the answer is no..his finding was base on how the front wheel should respond to the other front wheel for ex if u move the left wheel forward, the right wheel should also follow in the same direction...but i dont think this is the right method to test coz cl7r use helical or gear type lsd..anybody can comfirm this?

bro bien maybe can help me...tq

helmistaley

Known Member
Jul 12, 2006
wah...theres 1 more cl7r gang...lai lai..hehe.but tweftfom why did u skim ur rotors in the first place?and did u change ur brake pad also?
me also wanna hear explanation about the lsd thing....

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
All Honda tyre R comes with Helical LSD type. This helical or so call 'part-time' non full lock LASD is non-noticable LSD, as compared to normal non-type R honda LSD like B16A etc.

For B16A LSD, If u turn front right tyre, the other front Left will pusing also..since it's full time. As for Honda Type R, this scenario will not happened. The LSD will only activated, once your car positioning already in 'slipped' situation.

Try to use Motul FF LSD Type 2 gearbox oil. The LSD characteristics will be more noticable, during slipped time!

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
All Honda tyre R comes with Helical LSD type. This helical or so call 'part-time' non full lock LASD is non-noticable LSD, as compared to normal non-type R honda LSD like B16A etc.

For B16A LSD, If u turn front right tyre, the other front Left will pusing also..since it's full time. As for Honda Type R, this scenario will not happened. The LSD will only activated, once your car positioning already in 'slipped' situation.

Try to use Motul FF LSD Type 2 gearbox oil. The LSD characteristics will be more noticable, during slipped time!
sifu had voice out:adore:

tweftfom

Apr 10, 2009
wah...theres 1 more cl7r gang...lai lai..hehe.but tweftfom why did u skim ur rotors in the first place?and did u change ur brake pad also?
thanx aja for ur valuable info..we really cannot rely all the time to the mechanic..they are not always right...my car will be in trouble if i let the mechanic change the transmission oil base on his finding...

helmistaley..when i was cruising at 170 km/h the steering starts to vibrates when braking...dats why la i skim the front rotors..the brake pad still ok so no need changes...now all ok...

so helmstaley hows ur ride?

Bump:
thanx aja for ur valuable info..we really cannot rely all the time to the mechanic..they are not always right...my car will be in trouble if i let the mechanic change the transmission oil base on his finding...

helmistaley..when i was cruising at 170 km/h the steering starts to vibrates when braking...dats why la i skim the front rotors..the brake pad still ok so no need changes...now all ok...

so helmstaley hows ur ride?

helmistaley

Known Member
Jul 12, 2006
mine is ok bro tweftfom..now looking fwd to do basic air intake mod,plug cables etc.i'm planning to remove the air filter box resonator and use drop in filter...so sifus does it make any improvement or just worsen the performance?

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
mine is ok bro tweftfom..now looking fwd to do basic air intake mod,plug cables etc.i'm planning to remove the air filter box resonator and use drop in filter...so sifus does it make any improvement or just worsen the performance?
what is air filter resonator?the big big thing inside bonnet tu ke?if that, oredi buang heheh...weight around 1kg kot...
i use M's open pod with K&N filter....really good. the air sucking sound quite high compare with others open pod...especially when u press the pedal...

helmistaley

Known Member
Jul 12, 2006
what is air filter resonator?the big big thing inside bonnet tu ke?if that, oredi buang heheh...weight around 1kg kot...
i use M's open pod with K&N filter....really good. the air sucking sound quite high compare with others open pod...especially when u press the pedal...
ya la bro...the one box that hiding down there behind the bumper.but i still wanna maintain the original filter box with drop in K&N,and then see how the result is...
btw bro bulet,from where do u get ur open pod system?and what is M's(mugen ke?:hmmmm:...hehe,sorry if silly question..)

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
bought it in japan...that time price around 50,000 yen =RM2000
http://gruppemusa.us/
helmi...show la ur car pic...i'll show mine....
ha ah la...seems we all still didnt see each other yet, y dun we post our car pic. mana la tau jumpa tgh jalan...can honk2:driver:....suggestion onli..if dun wan ok la...

Attachments

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Weight 1 kg kah?.
No wonder my car super slow wan..:biggrin:

Apr 26, 2009
hello
need ur help
i want clutch set for my accord cl7 euro r from where we can get this ?
and civic type.r 2002 model and integra type,r and euro.r clutch is same ?

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
hello
need ur help
i want clutch set for my accord cl7 euro r from where we can get this ?
and civic type.r 2002 model and integra type,r and euro.r clutch is same ?
standard clutch set can get from LHS jalan ipoh......exedy clutch set at sunway kot..

Apr 26, 2009
civic type.r and euro.r clutch is same ?
and for exedy clutch can plz give me the exact add or ph no# or any other contact no#

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi members, just an inquiry.....maybe got discussed before but cannot find the thread........

ok i want to change my engine for more power....my current ride using 4G15 injection on wira 2004 dec model...mileage reach 117,000++.....engine still good condition no oil consumption/problems.........

iam seriously thinking of converting to 1.8gsr turbo but some opinions by friends are stopping me, they say since i clock high mileage and the car will be my daily workhorse its going to be...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience