Cheras
yo helmi, whats progress now?

Bump: yo helmi, whats progress now?

helmistaley

Known Member

helmistaley

Known Member
Jul 12, 2006
ya la bien...im also wondering how many EuroR's in this forum.lets do headcounts!

abe bulet : so far no progress la...car still stock standard from the day i brought it home.

now im looking for rear spoiler(lip type/ducktail) for starting...ada lubang/got hole ka bros?..hehe

aja

4,000 RPM

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
No need to team2 Euro R ler. Euro R where fast one!! . heheeheheehehe

helmistaley

Known Member

helmistaley

Known Member
Jul 12, 2006
ala bang...dunt la say my car is slow,maybe i'm the one that slow not the car,very cautious driving ma...hehe.afraid if anything happen its hard to find spares here.
in japan got many tuned faster euros i reckon...

bulet

500 RPM

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
helmi san.....congrats

headcount ke bien...dun think we got enough until 1 soccer team pun hahaha....if wanna make team volleyball cukup la orang heheh

No need fast2 lah....the important is satisfaction:love:

Bump:
bila nak buat team EuroR ni..

Bulet-san?
boleh........all team members have Euro R emblem at their car consider euro R team hahahah.....eh, buleh ke?

ya la bien...im also wondering how many EuroR's in this forum.lets do headcounts!

abe bulet : so far no progress la...car still stock standard from the day i brought it home.

now im looking for rear spoiler(lip type/ducktail) for starting...ada lubang/got hole ka bros?..hehe
lobang ka.....hmmm...no idea la. try usha sg la kot

tweftfom

tweftfom

Apr 10, 2009
helo bro2 sekalian..

just want to ask about cl7r..is cl7r got variant? i mean one with helical lsd gear box and the other without...

tq..

bulet

500 RPM

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
if cl7r...no variant ...all same...different on the optional parts
but if cl7r and cl7 and cl9 have different on the lsd....details can ask bro bien, he is honda engineer...hehehhe
btw, bro tweftfom...u finding 1 ke?

helmistaley

Known Member

helmistaley

Known Member
Jul 12, 2006
bang bulet,have u change ur engine oil?im about to change mine and also the oil filter.hw much is the capacity of engine oil required?for the oil filter i believe i can use DC2/FD2 ones....boleh ke?or any other alternatives?

and also any recommendation on good engine oil(with reasonable price) to be used for k20a are most welcome...:wavey:

bulet

500 RPM

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
of coz la dah change bro.....my engine using 5 litre, i think ur car should 4 litre je kot. lot of engine oil can used la, me always used shell semisyn dulu...but changed to honda semisyn oil now. shell oil quite bising la......if other otais, they used motul etc....
oil filter lak i'm using h22a standard oil filter, u can use k20a oil filter also.....dc5 nye la kot. its ok if used standard oil filter...same performance if used any brand also. only can feel the difference if u used different size of oil filter. dulu had used momo oil filter, size quite small, can feel the different...but have to change in next service la coz it capacity small

tweftfom

tweftfom

Apr 10, 2009
if cl7r...no variant ...all same...different on the optional parts
but if cl7r and cl7 and cl9 have different on the lsd....details can ask bro bien, he is honda engineer...hehehhe
btw, bro tweftfom...u finding 1 ke?
jst got cl7r last year la bro...but im a lil bit confuse coz when i did my skimming on the front rotors..asked the foreman to check whether my cl7r got lsd or not? but the answer is no..his finding was base on how the front wheel should respond to the other front wheel for ex if u move the left wheel forward, the right wheel should also follow in the same direction...but i dont think this is the right method to test coz cl7r use helical or gear type lsd..anybody can comfirm this?

bro bien maybe can help me...tq

helmistaley

Known Member

helmistaley

Known Member
Jul 12, 2006
wah...theres 1 more cl7r gang...lai lai..hehe.but tweftfom why did u skim ur rotors in the first place?and did u change ur brake pad also?
me also wanna hear explanation about the lsd thing....

aja

4,000 RPM

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
All Honda tyre R comes with Helical LSD type. This helical or so call 'part-time' non full lock LASD is non-noticable LSD, as compared to normal non-type R honda LSD like B16A etc.

For B16A LSD, If u turn front right tyre, the other front Left will pusing also..since it's full time. As for Honda Type R, this scenario will not happened. The LSD will only activated, once your car positioning already in 'slipped' situation.

Try to use Motul FF LSD Type 2 gearbox oil. The LSD characteristics will be more noticable, during slipped time!

bulet

500 RPM

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
All Honda tyre R comes with Helical LSD type. This helical or so call 'part-time' non full lock LASD is non-noticable LSD, as compared to normal non-type R honda LSD like B16A etc.

For B16A LSD, If u turn front right tyre, the other front Left will pusing also..since it's full time. As for Honda Type R, this scenario will not happened. The LSD will only activated, once your car positioning already in 'slipped' situation.

Try to use Motul FF LSD Type 2 gearbox oil. The LSD characteristics will be more noticable, during slipped time!
sifu had voice out:adore:

tweftfom

tweftfom

Apr 10, 2009
wah...theres 1 more cl7r gang...lai lai..hehe.but tweftfom why did u skim ur rotors in the first place?and did u change ur brake pad also?
thanx aja for ur valuable info..we really cannot rely all the time to the mechanic..they are not always right...my car will be in trouble if i let the mechanic change the transmission oil base on his finding...

helmistaley..when i was cruising at 170 km/h the steering starts to vibrates when braking...dats why la i skim the front rotors..the brake pad still ok so no need changes...now all ok...

so helmstaley hows ur ride?

Bump:
thanx aja for ur valuable info..we really cannot rely all the time to the mechanic..they are not always right...my car will be in trouble if i let the mechanic change the transmission oil base on his finding...

helmistaley..when i was cruising at 170 km/h the steering starts to vibrates when braking...dats why la i skim the front rotors..the brake pad still ok so no need changes...now all ok...

so helmstaley hows ur ride?

helmistaley

Known Member

helmistaley

Known Member
Jul 12, 2006
mine is ok bro tweftfom..now looking fwd to do basic air intake mod,plug cables etc.i'm planning to remove the air filter box resonator and use drop in filter...so sifus does it make any improvement or just worsen the performance?

bulet

500 RPM

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
mine is ok bro tweftfom..now looking fwd to do basic air intake mod,plug cables etc.i'm planning to remove the air filter box resonator and use drop in filter...so sifus does it make any improvement or just worsen the performance?
what is air filter resonator?the big big thing inside bonnet tu ke?if that, oredi buang heheh...weight around 1kg kot...
i use M's open pod with K&N filter....really good. the air sucking sound quite high compare with others open pod...especially when u press the pedal...

helmistaley

Known Member

helmistaley

Known Member
Jul 12, 2006
what is air filter resonator?the big big thing inside bonnet tu ke?if that, oredi buang heheh...weight around 1kg kot...
i use M's open pod with K&N filter....really good. the air sucking sound quite high compare with others open pod...especially when u press the pedal...
ya la bro...the one box that hiding down there behind the bumper.but i still wanna maintain the original filter box with drop in K&N,and then see how the result is...
btw bro bulet,from where do u get ur open pod system?and what is M's(mugen ke?:hmmmm:...hehe,sorry if silly question..)

bulet

500 RPM

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
bought it in japan...that time price around 50,000 yen =RM2000
http://gruppemusa.us/
helmi...show la ur car pic...i'll show mine....
ha ah la...seems we all still didnt see each other yet, y dun we post our car pic. mana la tau jumpa tgh jalan...can honk2:driver:....suggestion onli..if dun wan ok la...

Attachments

aja

4,000 RPM

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Weight 1 kg kah?.
No wonder my car super slow wan..:biggrin:

Apr 26, 2009
hello
need ur help
i want clutch set for my accord cl7 euro r from where we can get this ?
and civic type.r 2002 model and integra type,r and euro.r clutch is same ?

bulet

500 RPM

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
hello
need ur help
i want clutch set for my accord cl7 euro r from where we can get this ?
and civic type.r 2002 model and integra type,r and euro.r clutch is same ?
standard clutch set can get from LHS jalan ipoh......exedy clutch set at sunway kot..

Apr 26, 2009
civic type.r and euro.r clutch is same ?
and for exedy clutch can plz give me the exact add or ph no# or any other contact no#

helmistaley

Known Member

helmistaley

Known Member
Jul 12, 2006
bought it in japan...that time price around 50,000 yen =RM2000
http://gruppemusa.us/
helmi...show la ur car pic...i'll show mine....
ha ah la...seems we all still didnt see each other yet, y dun we post our car pic. mana la tau jumpa tgh jalan...can honk2:driver:....suggestion onli..if dun wan ok la...
here's my car pic....stock standard la bros :slug: ...cheers...

Attachments

bulet

500 RPM

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
just get back from kelate....nyesal naik flite bawak budak kecik.....later will cruising euro r to kelate.
helmi....stim gak

Bump: just get back from kelate....nyesal naik flite bawak budak kecik.....later will cruising euro r to kelate.
helmi....stim gak

bulet

500 RPM

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
helmi...u stay in PJ?which area?i'm working at Jalan 222....
got info from fren....another 1 euro r CL1 dah kluar port last week. plate no. NCF XXXX......had ajak for tt but dun know when

helmistaley

Known Member

helmistaley

Known Member
Jul 12, 2006
Subang airport area la bro....if u see black euro there jz honk2,there's big chance its me...hehehe.had seen also a blue CL7R a few times at subang airport with Wilayah registration.

bien335

1,500 RPM

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
chait!

My CL1 still lepak at port, kumpul debu. :(

Helmi, I need your contact number, drop me an sms @ 0.17.71.60.165

shanged

shanged

Dec 6, 2004
Hi Helmi,
ur black CL7 looks exactly like mine!
mine's 05/08 ...
honk me if you se me "Wxx 881"

am wondering, do you guys have the the touch-screen center console ? with the Honda Sat Nav software ?

because i'm actually overseas for a month, and am worried my batt will be flat when i get back ... and if i jump start the car, i might lose the software ...

has happened to me before, when i first got the car from Naza, the touch screen was showing blank with an error message in Jpnese, and i insisted Naza to get the software uploaded ...
seems this happens when your car's battery go flat ..

rgds.

electro16

electro16

Jan 10, 2009
civic type.r and euro.r clutch is same ?
and for exedy clutch can plz give me the exact add or ph no# or any other contact no#
exactly the same bro cl7r,dc5r&fd2r. me jez changed recently to 6 puck exedy hyper single assembly kit (hh03sd), luv it!!! highly recommend.

helmistaley

Known Member

helmistaley

Known Member
Jul 12, 2006
Hi guys,
i've got a few questions regarding minor mods on cl7...
1.how much whp for stock cl7
2.what is the best exhaust piping size...(for stock/minor modded engine)
3.does anyone put in engine management/afc/ecu reflash etc....and would appreciate comments from experienced users...like how much hp increase and performance wise.
thanks.

tweftfom

tweftfom

Apr 10, 2009
helmi..

why not u try it first to find the results :biggrin:..or both of us choose which performance parts that we wanna try and share the outcome:biggrin:..it seems that here not much feedback in discussing the performance of our cl7r...other alternative just search the answer at Singapore honda club..their forums are quite happening..

bien335

1,500 RPM

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
IIRC, Superman had close to 200whp from his mods.

CL7R owners are quite quiet it seems.

Superman sends out SMS's, but only a few reply..

electro16

electro16

Jan 10, 2009
Hi guys,
i've got a few questions regarding minor mods on cl7...
1.how much whp for stock cl7
2.what is the best exhaust piping size...(for stock/minor modded engine)
3.does anyone put in engine management/afc/ecu reflash etc....and would appreciate comments from experienced users...like how much hp increase and performance wise.
thanks.
1. Around 175hp at da wheel on dynodynamics (185-190 on dynojet)
2. I THINK 2.5"(after cat) will do
3. ecu reflash DONT jez DONT the e.c.u will re-learn after a while. CAMCON-H is the only e.management that can control da VTC & Vtec engagement point, quite ok la but seriuosly dude jez save ur money for HONDATA (K100 or Kpro) & trust me its worth it!!! Performance wise close to 200hp on da whell on dynodynamics(with basics bolt-on & kpro of course) & U will luv the acceleration can clock less than 6 seconds for 0-100.

Bump:
helmi..

why not u try it first to find the results :biggrin:..or both of us choose which performance parts that we wanna try and share the outcome:biggrin:..it seems that here not much feedback in discussing the performance of our cl7r...other alternative just search the answer at Singapore honda club..their forums are quite happening..
performance yeah performance!!! dude I dont mind share mine jez drop by at josh's place in Sunway (millenium) this saturday or friday evening(i dont think my car will ready by friday).

vtec_1088

Known Member

vtec_1088

Known Member
Feb 7, 2006
kl perak
anyone interested with spoon caliper used but almost new conditions.. used it 4 my dc5 but parting out due 2 sell it.. interested just PM me.. cheers

tweftfom

tweftfom

Apr 10, 2009
bro ..why ur car is not ready? ready for what? btw thanks 4 the feedback..

Last edited:

FornaX

Known Member

FornaX

Known Member
Feb 11, 2006
Hey guys, I also planning to have a CL7, mind to ask helmistaley how much u bought last few months ? Since I explored some forum, a lot ppl saying NAZA is expensive and bad after sales service. You guys know which dealer still having the stock and the roughly price for CL7-White colour is the best (2005-2006 Unreg/Used) ?

Base on what you guys had discuss, is it the maintenance of engine parts is quite convenient her but the body parts need to find in Singapore?

* One more question, If the car come from Jap, will it failed to connect Mas radio? And what should I be caution of specification accessory between the difference in Jap and Mas? (I mean some particular accessory which in Jap can use but not in Mas) :adore:

bien335

1,500 RPM

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
Have you asked Mutiara Motors in JB?

Aja is going to collect his CL7R from MM at JB next weekend.

As for bodyparts, it's not hard to get parts here.

A fellow CL7R owner's car was hacked last week, he lost is AFC Neo, his door was kemik and cermin pecah, he found parts in KL the following day.

As for the radio, it's commonlah. Just install frequency modulator. easy

FornaX

Known Member

FornaX

Known Member
Feb 11, 2006
Mutiara Motor just located in JB rite ? Its too far from me .. I went to its website and i notice they got the stock on Honda Accord Euro R NFL, it is different with CL7 ?

* Honda Accord Euro R CL7 got semi-auto ?

tweftfom

tweftfom

Apr 10, 2009
....yeah right as for bodyparts its not to hard to get becoz of parts sharing with Accord CM...but certain parts if u want it fast other option find it in Singapore or jb maybe and of course la for performance parts like mugen, spoon, toda etc u have to order it n wait for some time...u have to search and not just compare the price because the most important is the condition of the car, mileage and how stock is the car..check the chassis no. whether stated cl7100, cl7105, cl7110,
cl7120 or cl7130..those numbers will guide u if want to know the year of manufacture for cl7 and not just depend on the date of registration in japan...yes in my opinion naza is quite expensive...and the worst is if u already put the deposit and want to cancel it due to loan not approved dont dream la to get it back...the cheapest i ever knew was from rahman brother which selling at 135k for 2003 cl7 unreg...

as for maintenance dont worry la honda mechanic also can do it...they are now more familiar with cl7 k20A engine and transmission since Honda Malaysia bring in Civic Type R...as for the head unit agree with bien just go to accessories shop and they will find the solution for u...

sorry to hear dat bro...

aja

4,000 RPM

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
MM got one CL7 left, white color - no spoiler etc. I did paste few pics and comments on that unit at 'Mods on CF4 thread".

FornaX

Known Member

FornaX

Known Member
Feb 11, 2006
tweftfom, thx for the opinion, especially the chassis no. is it cl7100 represent the car was produce at 2003 and so on...

2003 i think is slightly different rite ? coz i know 2006+ is facelift which the bumper is different ?

tweftfom

tweftfom

Apr 10, 2009
fornax...honda accord euro r is cl7 in general...u have to put R after CL7 to be more precised...there's also cl7a for auto transmission...The R version is only in manual 6 speed variant...dont get confused...

aja

4,000 RPM

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
If chassis 105, it's meant that the car was produced in 2003 as well?.

tweftfom

tweftfom

Apr 10, 2009
yeah different a bit in cosmetic plus an additional of drive by wire technology instead of drive by cable for prefacelift...the engine, transmission are still the same..

Bump: i think 2004

Last edited: