Accord 2000-2000 cc or 2300 cc???

Dec 31, 2007
Hey fellas,

i have interest with Accord 2000, i dun know the nick name for this model.
i know this model have 2 type in M`sia.one is 2.0 vtec and other one is 2.3 vtec,VTI,lev.

I hope expertise and u guys can give opinion for this 2 type accord 2000.

I just see the 2.3 model at sunday sale last 2 months.They give me RM 60k...2001.
Is it ok?

What the difference between this two type.?

-performance
-fuel usage
-insurance price
-maintenance
-endurance ability

i hope can get opinion to use as guide to me.

Thank you vm. :driver:

Last edited:

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
Hey fellas,

i have interest with Accord 2000, i dun know the nick name for this model.
i know this model have 2 type in M`sia.one is 2.0 vtec and other one is 2.3 vtec,VTI,lev.

I hope expertise and u guys can give opinion for this 2 type accord 2000.

I just see the 2.3 model at sunday sale last 2 months.They give me RM 60k...2001.
Is it ok?

What the difference between this two type.?

-performance
-fuel usage
-insurance price
-maintenance
-endurance ability

i hope can get opinion to use as guide to me.

Thank you vm. :driver:

good question

u are talking abt the 6th gen local accord
it comes with 2.0 and 2.3
it is called the s84 and s86,... and also called cf0 or cf9,...

if i'm not mistaken, this breed of accord also runs on OBDII, and all the vtecs are sohc, no dohc.

i'm sure other accord sifus can highlight more on this model.
u can also dropby myhavoc.net,... there are a few 6th gen local there,...

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang
me too, a lil bit confuse. any comment about :

1. code number/nikname? : ex- sv4=ekod bawal, sm4 =ekon berlian
2. different code for local made and JDM/USDM made? : ex- civic EK for JDM, EJ for local
3. why this model not so popular compare with sv4 @ sm4?
4. any issue about FC, spare part, pro con etc?
5. auto tranny only? got manual? how about cc? 2.0 only?
6. market value?

thanx all........

tima kasih sume....

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
me too, a lil bit confuse. any comment about :

1. code number/nikname? : ex- sv4=ekod bawal, sm4 =ekon berlian
2. different code for local made and JDM/USDM made? : ex- civic EK for JDM, EJ for local
3. why this model not so popular compare with sv4 @ sm4?
4. any issue about FC, spare part, pro con etc?
5. auto tranny only? got manual? how about cc? 2.0 only?
6. market value?

thanx all........

tima kasih sume....
It depends on where you live. in malaysia, we call the 4th and 5th gen according to the model code (SM, SV) where as in the US of A, they refer it to the chassis code (CB, CD)

CA, CB, CD, CF/CG, CL/CM

3rd gen, 4th gen, 5th gen, 6th gen, 7th gen.

The reason for the CF/CG being not popular was, IMHO, it's marketing. It was marketed as a 'luxury' car here in this region, where as the CB, CD and JDM CF4/CL1 were more sportier variants. The other reason is mainly due to the fact that the CF9/CF0/CF1/CG1 did not have a JDM equivalent. The CF0 (or S84/S86 as some people refer to) was designed for the American market. Hence the larger size and softer suspension setup. The UK and JDM variants were smaller.

The top CB was the CB3/CB4 Si with the F20a DOHC 150PS motor

The top CD was the CD6/CD8/CF2 SiR with the venerable H22a DOHC VTEC 190PS motor

The JDM CF4 had the 200PS SiR-T and later replaced with the CL1 Euro R with a 220PS H22A.

In Malaysia, the 6th gen was ONLY available with an automatic tranny, paired to either a 2.0 F20B SOHC VTEC (150PS) or the 2.3 VTi-L variant which was offered in the early 2000s. The VTi-LK had the F23a SOHC VTEC which put out the same 150PS.

Market value depends on the year and variant. The earlier CF9 (1999) models came with flimsy trim, horrible accessories (massage seats, chrome arches, flimsy rear blinds). Then came the facelifted CF0 with better grade materials, no more horrible accessories (thank goodness) and dual airbags.

a well taken care off CF0 is now selling for somewhere around 40-45k, the 2.3 variant is still somewhere around 50k++.

Parts are easy to come by, since it was locally assembled, and since Taiwan/China received the same model, cheap alternative parts are also easily available. If the stock engine gives up the ghost, the JDM F20B/H23A for the 6th gen accods (JDM) will fit in easily. The H22a from the BB6 accord is also a worthwhile alternative.

Shahrulnizam

Aug 23, 2007
Guys,i need to know is cl1 adjustable can be fit into s86 without modified? If i'm not mistaken the front side cant be fit rite?

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang
It depends on where you live. in malaysia, we call the 4th and 5th gen according to the model code (SM, SV) where as in the US of A, they refer it to the chassis code (CB, CD)

CA, CB, CD, CF/CG, CL/CM

3rd gen, 4th gen, 5th gen, 6th gen, 7th gen.

The reason for the CF/CG being not popular was, IMHO, it's marketing. It was marketed as a 'luxury' car here in this region, where as the CB, CD and JDM CF4/CL1 were more sportier variants. The other reason is mainly due to the fact that the CF9/CF0/CF1/CG1 did not have a JDM equivalent. The CF0 (or S84/S86 as some people refer to) was designed for the American market. Hence the larger size and softer suspension setup. The UK and JDM variants were smaller.

The top CB was the CB3/CB4 Si with the F20a DOHC 150PS motor

The top CD was the CD6/CD8/CF2 SiR with the venerable H22a DOHC VTEC 190PS motor

The JDM CF4 had the 200PS SiR-T and later replaced with the CL1 Euro R with a 220PS H22A.

In Malaysia, the 6th gen was ONLY available with an automatic tranny, paired to either a 2.0 F20B SOHC VTEC (150PS) or the 2.3 VTi-L variant which was offered in the early 2000s. The VTi-LK had the F23a SOHC VTEC which put out the same 150PS.

Market value depends on the year and variant. The earlier CF9 (1999) models came with flimsy trim, horrible accessories (massage seats, chrome arches, flimsy rear blinds). Then came the facelifted CF0 with better grade materials, no more horrible accessories (thank goodness) and dual airbags.

a well taken care off CF0 is now selling for somewhere around 40-45k, the 2.3 variant is still somewhere around 50k++.

Parts are easy to come by, since it was locally assembled, and since Taiwan/China received the same model, cheap alternative parts are also easily available. If the stock engine gives up the ghost, the JDM F20B/H23A for the 6th gen accods (JDM) will fit in easily. The H22a from the BB6 accord is also a worthwhile alternative.
bro, this is my summary, plz correct me if im wrong

1. local model is cf9 = s84 = 2.0cc
2. s86 = 2.3cc

rite?

tq bro

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
bro, this is my summary, plz correct me if im wrong

1. local model is cf9 = s84 = 2.0cc
2. s86 = 2.3cc

rite?

tq bro
Im not too sure. The facelift might be S86. The CF0 was caught in transition between Kah Motor, DRB-Oriental-Honda and Honda Malaysia.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

My sister's swift was stolen today at 430am at Subang Permai near kg melayu subang . The car was hijack in her own house (suspected 2 setan was involved) by cutting down the lock of main door of the house and steal the car key to ignite the poor swift. This setan also tried to start my bro's estima but unfortunately the car was unable to start due to some reason.

the best part was nobody heard any noise when this 2 mofo break into the house (suspect pukau).

asking very much you...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience