Absorber for zzt231 gts

CelicaZZT231

Jun 23, 2009
Hi sifu sifu need some help my absorber started to give sound last few day any recommendation on the absorber?? either original or after market product absorber or adjustable suspension . and what is the price range for original absorber, after market absorber and adjustable suspension....

Thanks..

JinSRAD

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
I am not a sifu but will try to help.
Open up your hood and write down the chassis number.
This will determine whether your car is using the McPherson strut type suspension or SuperStrut type.
Rear absorbers cost the same for both types unless u decide on purchasing the TRD version.
Front absorbers should cost around RM1k each for the McPherson type. Expect to pay double if u r using the superstrut type.
Good news is, the superstrut type is a rare version. It is more likely that u'll have the McPherson type.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

If u r lucky, maybe its just the absorber bushing or the ball joints that are worn out. Good luck.

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
what type of noise are you getting?? are you using lowering springs?? some of this springs will cause some creaking.... adding a thin rubber bush between your spring and mount may help...

superstrut front absorbers are RM900 per piece....

if you wanna go fully adjustable.... get Tein..... normal struts is about RM4k... superstrut is RM8k...

CelicaZZT231

Jun 23, 2009
Em... i think not cause by the spring problem because before this never have this sound and the sound like kok kok kok when drive on un-even road and sorry for didnt mention my suspension type mine is normal structs ok thanks for the suggesion and feedback.. beside tein any other after market brand ?? and how about D2 adjustable with soft hard setting???

CelicaZZT231

Jun 23, 2009
em i had bring my car for check ... as the result it cause by my back absorber.... have to get the part and get change it..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Car plate: WQA8000
Model: Subaru Version 8 STi
Place lost: Taman Supreme Condominium
Car Trade mark: Front and back carbon fibre wth black rims.
Please contact 012-7277778 / 012-2923322 / 016-9003366 / 012-3063539
YOur attention is much appreciated. thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience