About Rallying On everythings

drift_life

Apr 16, 2007
hi guys,

i hope to be a rally driver in future. but i do not know wat to do at the first step such as getting liciense, trainnings, and joinning a rallying teams.

to be frankly, i really like rallying this wonder motorsport event. i hope that i really can be a real rallying driver for Malaysia in the future.

anyone here who know the way to achieve this...? pls advice me. thanks much.

Kookaburra

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Koala Lampost
hi guys,

i hope to be a rally driver in future. but i do not know wat to do at the first step such as getting liciense, trainnings, and joinning a rallying teams.

to be frankly, i really like rallying this wonder motorsport event. i hope that i really can be a real rallying driver for Malaysia in the future.

anyone here who know the way to achieve this...? pls advice me. thanks much.
Why don't you start by going as a spectator to some of the local rallies first? The rally park is a real open space, no need special pass like in F1. Talk to some of the clubman racers, I am sure they will be more than happy to tell you about their own experiences.

Website is www.malaysianrally.com

Round 2 is later this month in Terrenganu.

drift_life

Apr 16, 2007
oo .thanks bro. hehe ......

i hope that i really can be a rally driver in future.

Kookaburra

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Koala Lampost
sabelt is right. Even a clubman racing a kelisa or Wira needs quite a bit of cash.

In addition to prepping the car, you must carry spare parts, extra tyres with rims (at least 1 set per day and that's really stretching it) and bring along a crew.

But, rallying is real fun and I really salute those that do it for fun just out of their passion for rallying.

b8t_ford

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
huh ? we nid to come out money to become a rally driver? oh...no....so sad ....

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Of coz.. cars have high chance to break down...coz its offroad so need to prepare everything in advance... cheap parts wont last long..

b8t_ford

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
huh ? i tot all the way got sponsors to provide parts and repair for the car ? The rally driver need to come out own money to repair one ah ? how come ya ? haha ......

Last edited by a moderator:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
huh ? i tot all the way got sponsors to provide parts and repair for the car ? The rally driver need to come out own money to repair one ah ? how come ya ? haha ......
Anyone will sponsor u once you proven yourself worth it. Be among the best and it will easy to get sponsored.

So, to prove you worth it...first have to use your own money..hehe...

*Sorry i accidentally press the edit button...

luqae

Known Member
Dec 4, 2008
rallying in malaysia is not like u see in aprc,pwrc or wrc, they are almost no media coverage about the rally scene in malaysia so sponsorship is quite challenging, if u want to be a rally driver in malaysia 1st get urself a cheap car, proton or produa the one with plenty of haflcut,sparepart(if u anak tauke balak den u can get a subaru ver10) make sure its below 1.6 so that u can enter clubman, the 1st few event u definitely going to participate as a privateer, if money is an object for u den in the ss u have to preserve ur car,suspension,tires, everything so u can complete the event, cuz if u dont then it will be harder on ur wallet. rallying in malaysia is not like rally in other country theres no fame in it, just dirt, fun and pure adrenalin, its pure passion cuz the winning price wont cover all ur expenses..so if ur looking for a motorsport where u will get fame or maybe do it as a career there's two option move out of malaysia or go track racing. me myself im just starting to involve in rallying mayb if ada rezeki my rally car will be ready for next year mrc...:driver:

fabianyee

Known Member
Jan 9, 2004
Visit site
huh ? we nid to come out money to become a rally driver? oh...no....so sad ....
U think can straight away enter Rally and get sponsorship??? Like that I would like to see how you sell yourself in your Sponsorship Proposal... Sega Rally games not counted as experience...

FYI, there's a rally cross event organised by some rally enthusiast. Not sure when's the next one.. U can enter with your street cars to get a feel of it... If your car is lowered, sorry lah..

Here's some photos taken at the 24 Aug 08 Rally-X event

The course car (Had 2 laps ride in it..) The terrain is as easy as you would think...

Custom-made rally buggy... you got RM20k??

This buggy using VW Beetle engine and mechanicals

Another buggy

This is the trickier part of the course, a rut at the end of the downhill slope, have to find the right path of least undulations.

Not the ideal way to tackle it..

No issues for the buggies

Stock street car (Kancil). Not even a harness, wonder if his helmet dented the roof.. :)

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
fuh ... seems very stim .... the buggy wont turn over or flip one ah?

fabianyee

Known Member
Jan 9, 2004
Visit site
fuh ... seems very stim .... the buggy wont turn over or flip one ah?
I would say if one do stupid stunts, then ANY car would flip... The buggies actually reasonably low center of gravity and wide track width.. not so easy to flip.. Actually one car flipped earlier.. after that, all the participants start driving less aggressively. The more aggressive you are, the slower you are..

akinateo

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
kuala lumpur
MAM Rally X Championship: 5 rounds. (2 tarmac / 3 gravel)

MAM RallySprint series: 3 rounds. (2 gravel / 1 tarmac)

Others: Pennzoil Tarmac Rallysprints: 2 rounds.(tarmac)

Total: 10 budget friendly fun events (5 tarmac / 5 gravel).

Minimum Requirements:

Rally X: must be fitted with a 4 point safety harness for the driver. rollcage recommended but not compulsory

RallySprint: 4 point safety harnesses for driver & navigator, 4 point rollcage with side-impact bar, 2kg fire ext, first aid box, safety triangle.

Full sets of regs and dates for events mentioned will be made available by end January.

RallySprint round 1 is on feb 15th & the stages will be similar in nature to that used in rally x rd 3 2008.

The aim: 1:create rally events where street & circuit racing cars can be used with minimum conversion. 2: Introduce Rallying to a wider range of motorsports enthusiasts.

for more info.. log in to http://wheelspin-malaysia.forummotion.com/portal.htm to find out more infomation,,

i started rallying from this community...its cheap and fun

Bump: MAM RallySprint Championship 2009 - Rd. 1

When: FEB 14th (registration/recce/scrutineering/valentine). 15th Rally Day

Where: SIC

Surface: Gravel/tarmac mix (all stages).

No of SS's: 12. (3routes x 4 runs each).

Format: start-->ss1-->ss2-->ss3-->service-->ss4-->ss5-->ss6-->service-->ss7-->ss8-->ss9-->service-->ss10-->ss11-->ss12

Navigators needed? it would help to have one, yes

Categories/classes:

cars: <1000cc, 1001-1300cc, 1301-1600cc, 1601-2000cc, 2001cc and above

Super 1600 & Super 2000 cars: 'chubby + winged' n/a 2wd cars (must look the business. google pics to see what i mean). driver's age doesnt matter. organiser will decide if your car qualifies.

4x4 open: <1600cc, 1601 and above

Buggies: complicated so i havent decided yet. help me decide a.s.a.p!

sub categories: Novice (must have a novice navigator also!)- 1st in each class for cars only. yes even those driving scoobys and evo's. the organiser will decide who's a rookie and who's not coz err.. ok by organiser i mean me and i know all your capabilities. Lets be fair and allow only real novices to compete in this category ok?

Junior drivers (cars only): aged 25 and below before Dec 31st 2009. 1st only in each class. rookie or experienced, doesnt matter. Nandakumar, you're not a junior ok?

Ladies team open (1st in each class only). navigator shld be a lady as well. men dressed as women not allowed (just keeping in line with the 'awtaf' council, -motor rally division-'s directive).

Perodua one make open: <1000cc, 1001-1300cc.

Championship points for all of the above: 1st=10, 2nd=8, 3rd=6. For overall winners each round: 1st=10, 2nd=9, 3rd=8, 4th=7, 5th=6. overall points scoring system meant to create close competition. (eg: b**ls out driving to win!)

total number of rounds: 3. the plan: rd 1 - one day easy gravel. rd 2 - one day fast full tarmac. rd3 - 1 1/2 day gravel with night stages.

Championship Eligibility: must start ALL 3 rounds. finishing is optional.

SuperRally format: maximum time for each stage you miss. (spillover from rally X)

Entry fee: Rm 100 per entry. el cheapo

Licence: MAM or AAM full year rally licences for both driver and navigator. (support MAM lah, they're supporting you)

Cars must be eqquiped with (minimum): 4 point rollcage with side impact protection bars. welded or bolt in accepted. 4 point harness for driver and navi (clubmen spec accepted). 2kg fire extinguishers. first aid box (and i dont mean empty ones)

need not be road registered cars (i'll arrange for a 'closed' transport stage route)

Tyres are free. no i'm not giving away any, i mean road, rally, snow, forklift tyres etc. allowed. just no snow chains or tank tracks please.

ok now here comes the shocker:

Because there's like almost a 2hr time gap before a stage is repeated, and because i want as many people as possible to experience special stage rallying, car sharing is allowed. yes, car does stage with one driver first then again with 2nd driver before moving to next stage. too complicated to explain the system in here. call me if you u want in on this. 2 separate entries a car maximum. it may be a good idea or a bad one depending on your glass of half-filled water. Dont worry abt target times, i have something sorted.

each entry is entitled to 2 trophies. if anybody wants to sponsor stuff to giveaway call me.

entries will open on 15th Jan and close on Feb 12th. please dont torture me with last minute entries or changes again. Have pity on me i'm too old for sleepless nights and other delays. or at least pity Maggie!

For rallysprint a decent understanding of 'pacenotes' will be needed. please dont run out and hire navigators who charge a bomb because they say they are worth it. you can pick someone new and train him/her/it. go talk to experienced navigators out there who are willing to teach. if they aren't willing to help come back to me and i'll arrange for a classroom session one sunday before the event. I'm a win-proven navigator too. i bet most of you never knew this.

Lots of banner space in the stages. your sponsor, like you, is important to me so feel free to decorate the stages. terms and conditions apply of course.. not i dont mean you have to pay.. so just call and talk to me if you know how to value your sponsor/s. i have other suggestions too.

Stage marshalls needed! cant make you rich but will pay you a decent allowance and give an event sponsor's baju . Somewhere in this forum someone mentioned that the 0-hero contestants are also be judged by their commitment to the sport. Really? ok i'll be waiting to hear from them then. apply within.

please log on to http://wheelspin-malaysia.forummotion.com/rally-f13/mam-rallysprint-championship-2009-rd-1-t218.htm for more info or you can directly call 012-212 3260 Jagjeet for more info...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, as topic states my coilovers need a rebuild. So far only place that rebuilds hypermax 2 that I've been able to find is Garage R in Singapore.

Suggestions?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience