About adjustable fuel regulator....

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
will it help to solve problems such as top speed problem ? example ...my car top speed only 140kmh ...now matter how hard i push ...will fuel regulator gets to help me to achieve my top speed till 160kmh-170kmh ?when after tuning the psi ...

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
will it help to solve problems such as top speed problem ? example ...my car top speed only 140kmh ...now matter how hard i push ...will fuel regulator gets to help me to achieve my top speed till 160kmh-170kmh ?when after tuning the psi ...
definately can...tune the fuel regulator to a higher PSI to get richer fuel bro..

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
Tune rich, higher FC la bro. Simple as that. You want performance, don't worry about fuel consumption. Try searching around the forum because there are alot of topic about 4g13 mods.

Btw I drive a 4g13 satria also, and my max top speed is 160km only. For daily driving, might as well focus on torque and power delivery rather then hp.

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i see ..thx for your comment bro ...but i heard somebody said that if know how to tune it correctly ..the FC will still the same ...don't know whether correct or not ..

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
Tune rich, higher FC la bro. Simple as that. You want performance, don't worry about fuel consumption. Try searching around the forum because there are alot of topic about 4g13 mods.

Btw I drive a 4g13 satria also, and my max top speed is 160km only. For daily driving, might as well focus on torque and power delivery rather then hp.
if u try tune your fuel regulator max 4g13 also can reach 190kmh top speed but low rpm time heavy like hell~haha

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
o.O ...means the fuel regulator is not really neccesary ? i juz wanna tune the psi till my 1.3 satria can achive 160kmh only ...now 140kmh only ...i dont think with this tuning it won't ruin my pick up gua ...

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bro...in the other thread i already told you this is not a essential mod....and it is not necessary at your stage .....try using the search button or browse around ZTH categories....there is a lot of threads about most of the topics you have created....

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
If you didn't touch your internals, a fuel pressure regulator is more like a bling factor only. The stock fuel regulator is the sufficient for you. Focus on LCP and exhaust. Air filter stay drop in. For SVDO engine, open pod will really make u suffer in low end. Stock air filter is the best. Also, I wonder why do people always aim to go more the 140km/h? U run the risk of accident and also from the police. Bear in mind that if you are running on stock non ventilated brakes, even with high temp brake pads, you will still suffer from brake fade. Braking will be a bitch and rather dangerous. Just mod your car for better daily driving.

Im speaking all this from my own experience of car modding. I read other peoples experience and I try out myself.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
cannot... richen ur AFR wont increase ur car performance....

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

o.O ...means the fuel regulator is not really neccesary ? i juz wanna tune the psi till my 1.3 satria can achive 160kmh only ...now 140kmh only ...i dont think with this tuning it won't ruin my pick up gua ...
carburetor or fuel injection??... carburetor engine cannot use fuel pressure regulator...

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thx for you guys advises ...if thats the case ..then i rather spend on my exhaust ...and put a knn drop in filter ...later on got money only send for port and polish ...and inspec which compartment having leakage ...then do it ...i think all this will worth to spend it gua ...like you guys said ...for a daily driving style xD

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
What the fuel regulator do?
Well... fuel pump pumps the minyak to the injectors.. injectors will not us all, so some minyak need to returm to the fuel tank.
Most injection cars have fuel regulator- only that it is not adjustable...
The concept is to reduce the fuel that is trying to return to the fuel tank therefore cause higher preassure at the injector, so it sprays more minyak...
This will make thorttle respond much better but increase you top speed?

My advise... save you money do not modifiy your current engine...
Up the cc will be better for long run... JPJ allow you to up 125% of your current cc without much hassle. So go for a 1.6 engine... 2.5~3K should be enough.

Later if you still want more power....just upgrade 1.8cc block...
Firstly learn and enjoy the power form 1.6 engine first....
That's my experience....There is no replacement for displacement (cc).
For ppl modifiying gearbox (final drive and close ratio)will say... This is the replacement for displacement....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,

There are a few friends of mine who are interested to learn automotive engineering/technology. They said they're interested to work in a tuner shop or motorsports team someday. Any local college/university that you guys can recommend? :smokin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience