about 4G13p to 4G92 SOCH

Target Design

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Pahang
n
now i plaining change my 4G13p siemens ECU to mitsubishi 4G92 Soch....but that 4G92 Soch is A/T....izzit that 4G92 SOCH engine can plug and play to my 1.3 gear box??one of workshop worker said can use back my 1.3 gearbox..just need change flywheel to bigger size only.....but my 1.3 gearbox is using cable clucth one....and that 4G92 SOCH is using oil Pump clucth one....then izzit still can plug and play???

any sifu here can help???
thanks

Target Design

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Pahang
n
fstrader said:
wahhh..big roject worrr :tongue:
no lar...sifu..just a normal engine swapping only...hehehe

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
why wanna change to 4G92 sohc????
get a 4G92 DOHC (non-Mivec) version (but it is very hard to find)
or get a 4G91 DOHC version

the old 4G13p gear box can plug and play with 4G9x series engine

my half cut also auto and i put back my old manual 4G13p gearbox

just need to buy a clutch set including fly wheel (can be from 4G92 or 4G93)
then used back the cable type gearbox !!

but my advice will be
look for a manual halfcut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
don't used back ur old gearbox because
1. ratio not the same (top speed cannot achieve / have to change gear very fast)
2. heavier clutch feel
3. RPM not so stable (because of the Auto ECU)

Blowfish

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Sunway/KL
First of all, I'd like to say that it is not totally pointless to change a 92 SOHC engine.
You can just get one from proton ( 4g92p) preferably with the MMC ecu.

if you are a fan of acceleration more than top speed, the 92 SOHC is goona suit your needs just fine. It revs good, and SOHC low end response is better ( there is a thread posted on ZTH, just search ). Pick up can play with 1.8 DOHC 93 no problem. Only cons is that top speed is lower. I tried on my 92p satria, it got to a tad below 200. 195-198 some where there).

And with a grippier clutch and street cams, it is pretty damn fun to play with especially if ur changing from a 12v 1.3

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there... my friend has a kelisa and he is planning to transplant to a better perfomance engine or halfcut... i heard most of them using mira engine... does anyone have more info about this engine? or other engine if there is other choices, thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience