A33 Engine Upgrade

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
LSD aka limited slip differential

the JDM version is not the DE-K, is also normal VQ30DE. There are many way to increase the power of a engine. Timing, Cam profiles, compression, ecu. I am not sure what the diff between the MY and JP in term of engine or ecu. But I know is higher hp

Hmm, all A33 VQxxDD is Neo engine mah, and DI is direct fuel injection mah.

twinhope88

Known Member
Jan 6, 2006
Weikee: u mean all JP A33 are having VQxxDD Neo-DI? then any half cut is with the new Neo-DI lo.
by the way, what is the advantage of LSD? - increase power?

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

any idea which chop shop accept credit card and allow 0% instalment for an engine swap...hehe....else have to pay cash in full....

i hope during this economy crisis, the JP car is lower....

imperialrealcs

Known Member
Dec 12, 2005
waaa, change to 2.5L so expensive.. i thought only those 4G92 MIVEC or B16 series halfcut only such expensive.. tak sangka VQ25DD is comparable in price :(
i thought these "cold" engine is cheaper de? why toyota halfcut so cheap?

twinhope88

Known Member
Jan 6, 2006
i heard mitsubishi half cut is expensive due to heavy demand from proton users.
for nissan maybe the chop shop does not bring in more, so people tend to grab for it....

by the way, if upgrade to 2.5L, then can i sell off my vq20de?
how much do you think i can sell it for?

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
vq20xx don't have much high value in Malaysia, cause this engine is very common in Japan, and lots of engine kosong, the expensive one is the 3L which is hard to find in Japan. If you sell (3L engine) to car owner maybe can go for 1 to 2k depend on the condition and what is included. but sell to chop shop normally is <1k.

twinhope88, you get more answer when you google about LSD, I am not a good messenger.

imperialrealcs

Known Member
Dec 12, 2005
guys, wana ask something especially for cefiro A33 owner.. how do i use front and rear indicator sensor?
when i reverse, the sensor wont show the indicator bar, it only beeps..
i try adjust the front/rear switch still same :s

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
hallo all sifu

any one here use before Hot & Cold spark plug? what are the different between this 2 type for feillo performance....

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
but on service manual recomended NGK PFR6G-11 (COLD), NGK PFR5G-11 (STD), NGK PFR4G-11 (HOT) & NGK PFR7G-11 (COLDER).

and i search on web, here the comment:

" Mate you need some 7's in there with the higher compression, 5 is waaaaay too hot a plug for that engine!

Pinging is when the air/fuel mixture explodes before the piston reaches the top of it's stroke, so it pushes against the piston while it's still moving forward. It creates a "pinging" noise and is very very bad for your engine."

imperialrealcs

Known Member
Dec 12, 2005
so it is better to use 6 or equivalent? as u heard 7 normally for long distance drive, if city 6 should be good rite?
better to use NGK or Denso? or no precise difference?

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
better stick with NGK spark plug coz our feillo are very choosy.

and for 6 or 7 that i dont know coz currently what range spark plug i used, i also don't know??
coz i changed it at TC at that time.

planning to change to NGK PFR7G-11 end of month, coz currently my car plug is oredi over 120k km. may be can give comment after that.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi to all,
are there anyone want to sell the WAJA original CD player.
i just want to buy the CD player only.i don't want the changer.
if got,please let me know the price...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience