A (would-be) date with Glory

ari7474tme

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Ehehe....Megane RS vs FD Type R? Should be an interesting one!

One made you go for the FD instead of VW? 3 pedals?

I am very fond of the dsg but I have this addiction with tracking. It would be a bit costlier to track the vw as compared to jap cars.
So, thats why I opted for the fd.

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
Hey everyone...

Firstly, to the TS, that is some creative writing. I'm a big fan of storytelling and i really like the way you convey your message. An interesting read.

Secondly.. My name is Ari and i currently drive a Honda. I will openly say that my enemy is Zu 535 and i am not a fanboi of any make but a real huge fan of racing and competition. Hahahhaa.. Speaking of make, before i bought my honda, i test drove a dozen Golfs and went to their TT as well. The Megane came out a bit later and i have 4-5 buddies using it and i am really jealous of their cars. Three pedals with european class. Awesome :)

What i actually want to say in my comment here is... Almost everyone who enters TTA or any other competition have some sort of ego and the desire to win. Regardless of where you are in the food chain, the desire remains and it is always good to have healthy competition. Some peeps say it out loud, some keep it inside but if you're in track, means you want to compete. And when you compete, you want to win.

It is similar in forums as well.. Some people comment out loud, some people comment diplomatically. Again.. Good to see some healthy discussion. I am against personal attacks except those against Zu535... Hahahahahhaa...

So guys... The European Crown is there for the taking. Lets keep the healthy competition and hopefully one day, i could get a taxi ride in one of your french or german monsters.

Cheers :)
Ari, huge fan of you and your driving. I remember watching your videos all day long when I still had my DC5R, and in fact I STILL watch your videos for inspiration, especially the 2:33 run with RS3 street tyres.

Again, I always try to add some "box-office flair" to my writing, which may or may not go down well with some. Zero intentions to start a manufacturer war with the article and I simply tried to convert my thoughts into words, add some emotion into the mix, and formulate a post that would be enjoyable to read, sparking some inspiration for those that read it.

Appreciate the feedback, and continue rockin' & rollin' sir.

Last edited:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the story Nukeezoid, It was refreshing and certainly put a smile on my face when I read it, especially when you ignored personal hygiene just to attend the TIMETOATTACK. This had to go on to the main page and it did. Sorry to hear about the broken studs. better luck next time!

continental_drifter

Known Member
Feb 25, 2005
Sokay la bro, next time more luck okay...

I even lost to Snoop240s and Dky240s in the previous round of tta finale!

Which their body size is 3 times bigger and heavier compared to me!hahaha

But oh well thats racing...

See u around bro

viperxs

Jul 6, 2006
Alamak..chill out la everyone. Its just a story telling exercise. If someone were to write like below:
I woke up the drive my car, then my nuts or lugs nuts got issues then I cannot get good times then it will all be over in less than 5 lines.
I'm taking it as part of story telling and trying to add some zest into it by adding david goliath etc. It all added more suspense towards the story.
How many of us here heard the story in mamak by some kids saying their ex5 whacked a lambo in straight fight in KL roads (most probably the lambo is stuck in a jam) but we don't bother much right? We don't come to their corner and start to pick sides etc. It's their glory moment and so be it. If anyone want their glory moment then go create yours. I'm not Euro fan but if I must choose then most probably I would pick BMW, Lotus, Audi, WV and few others. Orang tamak selalu untung :D except Renault. Not a fan of French car but still I enjoyed the short article nonetheless. Got lah the suspense element and few others...
Learn agree to disagree for everyone but when it comes to me everyone should agree! Especially if I start to say come everyone let's hit the spa :D

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
I have read the article once again.

First of all, thanks for the story, certainly much better than timeattack official. Why? for us that werent in the event, until now, we have ZERO clues of what was going on. Media coverage is poor, although this is consider private organised event, maybe the 'rights' are reserve to magazines.

here are my finding of the story:
" With the clock ticking, and without any spare lug nuts, I had to remove one from the other rear wheel to replace the broken front piece, and headed out onto track at 1.10pm (10 minutes late) for Session 1 of the EURO class with only 4 lugnuts in both my rear wheels."

This is very risk taking and should not been done. If the case was taken seriously, this could end with disqualified, but that's up to race official decision. Despite everything bad happen, you still took the car out, and go for 4 meaningless laps. You know you couldnt not "all out" with fear inside of you. (which at time was very conservative, and good. God knows what could happen if you risk it.)

Conclusion for your first stint? killing your tire other than get some feel on the track.

I dont have any racing experience in sepang yet, but was involve in racing team before. Rule of thumb for motor racing, regardless privateer or manufacturers, it's all about teamwork; regardless privateer or manufacturers, you still need a crew to sort out everything.

Since i am yet fortunate to own those french or german hot rides, hall of of those marque seems meaningless for outsider to me. For those who care, have they done better? you are in the race, but situation came out, other than they buzz in fb page and whatsapp, what have to done to help you to live up the expectation of keeping/fighting the glory? regardless you're the real challenger or not? I dare to say, there are some love to claim credit while it's great and fade away while it flopped. You spirit of putting everything of you in the race is very encouraging and it should be embrace.

highlight between privateer or manufacturer, the real advantage is the time and cost they put into tuning the cars (Which out of others control, other than official). But:

1. Everyone here can organise better team with great teamwork. Perhaps, RS250 group should do something like this. For me personally, it will be an honour to be part of something which I stood for, even it's volunteering.

2. They may have better parts, but doesnt mean you dont need better tools. Like i said in earlier post, torque wrench is always recommended. This is what i observed after few years away from malaysia. We still invest thousand and hundred in tuning or modified the ride we like, but hardly or on low percentage invest on proper tools to do the job. I believe tuning or modified is a great learning curve, but often, we just spend some money, ask other completed the job without knowing what is going on other than read the "HP" figure in the end. You may not the one, but i have to admit I was the one few years back, i'm pretty sure there are a lot like this. (Looks good beside hot ride, huh?) if this culture is going to continue, motor racing in malaysia it's hard to move on another level. (i might slap my own mouth in future... maybe)

3. I not sure whether you have Strategy for the race, maybe you do, but keep it private. I know alot cars were pre-setup prior to sepang. I think condition of the track is vary from time to time, being able to reaction to the condition will give the team a huge boost. Still remember those day in racing event, my role of the day is observe the weather condition, and we were fortunate to put our car into perfect timing was handed our team third place for the event. That's should be same to tuning and setting, i guess. Installation laps, feel the track, feedback, minor adjustment on setup, the out for flying laps again, repeating until time end or goal achieve. Wing Han dare to target 2:32, surely they have some strategy on it, will you agree?

I must talked to much, sounds like a keyboard hero again. but i hope there are some value you could take along with.

BlueSamurai

Known Member
Jun 21, 2006
This would be my 2nd time reading this article. 1st when it appeared on the 0-100 main page, and then this time now, becoz my friend pointed out to me that theres actually a spat of words going on. Seeing that the last post was at like end of May, seems i am 1 month late to the party, so, sorry for digging this up again.

First and foremost, good read, kudos to the author.

This is own take on his personal adventure @ TTA. He can write how he wants to write it, written it as he perceived it, and i am sure he has duly done so.

I am too lazy to pick point for point on the points of argument and while you all certainly have your valid points from your perspective, i feel there's no need to pinpoint and no need to find fault. Author is a privateer with limited funds. Fair enough. Then he get this level of support from dealer level, cannot meh? Does it make him less privateer because he had some people to help him out on wrenching?

He wants to use the Golf R as a benchmark, also cannot meh? Lets just forget about fairness for a second. he just wants to use the Golf R as a benchmark. Also cannot meh?

maybe he didn't use fresh tires. Ok lo. He didn't lo. maybe it cost him some time. So? Perhaps lesson learnt lo. No biggie also ma.

Just chill people.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

today i notice that my door window got tiny2 scratch..maybe it because it goes up and down regularly ....i afraid it will become worst ;(..how to avoid this happen again? arghhh if will become more worst 4 sure

need advice here thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience