A high perfomance Inspira - Could R3 be working on a hardcore Inspira-X?

camshaft

Known Member

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
from what u wrote my understanding is u said proton copy mitsu without their permission...

they dont copy but rebadge it with an aggreement , thats mean it is a lancer with proton badge...new technology transfer agreement after wira era...plus mitsu took our exora and persona chasis as their mitsu model in japan....

they already came out with their own design before such as gen2 n neo..no need to prove anymore bout their ability..its also not economic to develop new chasis for a small segment car market ... its just business nothing personel hehehe
i'm well aware that proton has an agreement and technology transfer with mitsu since saga era...but why after 25 years proton still can't stand on their own feet?

yeah they already came out with campro engines, neo and gen2...that's an improvement...and they should step more forward and keep improving them self...so why suddenly step back to the wiralution era? just for the easy profit is it?

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
not just proton did this rebadge stuff. other car manufacturers who have been in this business for more than 25 years also rebadge other car and make their own....

Munmax

Munmax

Oct 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i'm well aware that proton has an agreement and technology transfer with mitsu since saga era...but why after 25 years proton still can't stand on their own feet?

yeah they already came out with campro engines, neo and gen2...that's an improvement...and they should step more forward and keep improving them self...so why suddenly step back to the wiralution era? just for the easy profit is it?
Yup, that's right - easy profit. They already spent 1Bil for waja and it is not feasible anymore to spent again for this market. Volume wise not enough. But they have done that and prove proton is capable. Proton will only develop certain market model like the Saga and Exora.
JV in automotive industry is not new. It's the new deal. Like Nissan & Renault (Latio & Megane)
There are many other examples of joint developed motors and rebadging.

If want to talk about copycats or ciplak or cetak rompak kereta, go visit China. Some getting sued from Japan. But then again japan & korea used to copycat European cars. Lexus for example follows Mercedes S class design cues. Let's bash Lexus now.

Btw, proton is also working on something with VW.
Proton get some, VW get some. Not bad aah!

artworkz

500 RPM

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
Yup, that's right - easy profit. They already spent 1Bil for waja and it is not feasible anymore to spent again for this market. Volume wise not enough. But they have done that and prove proton is capable. Proton will only develop certain market model like the Saga and Exora.
JV in automotive industry is not new. It's the new deal. Like Nissan & Renault (Latio & Megane)
There are many other examples of joint developed motors and rebadging.

If want to talk about copycats or ciplak or cetak rompak kereta, go visit China. Some getting sued from Japan. But then again japan & korea used to copycat European cars. Lexus for example follows Mercedes S class design cues. Let's bash Lexus now.

Btw, proton is also working on something with VW.
Proton get some, VW get some. Not bad aah!
first,proton n mitsubishi is not JV or joint develop their car.
second, proton is buying the right and produce.

a very simple example, if gov tax 200% tax on toothpaste. so imported toothpaste like colgate or darlie price ll increase. then a malaysia company buy colgate formula and product n sell as 'progate'. sure progate price ll cheaper den colgate n darlie. if a malaysia company design and produce their own product by their own is ok and i also think we need to protect malaysia company in first place. but if the company is just rebadge or copy dengan apa jua sekali pun, i think we cannot accept this kind of company.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
atleast it was approved by the right owner...

if pirated/copy without permission sure i oso bash proton to death.... :adore:

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
yups. it is not a copy. like what mr pomen gtr said... it was approved by the owner (mitsubishi)..

Munmax

Munmax

Oct 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
first,proton n mitsubishi is not JV or joint develop their car.
second, proton is buying the right and produce.

a very simple example, if gov tax 200% tax on toothpaste. so imported toothpaste like colgate or darlie price ll increase. then a malaysia company buy colgate formula and product n sell as 'progate'. sure progate price ll cheaper den colgate n darlie. if a malaysia company design and produce their own product by their own is ok and i also think we need to protect malaysia company in first place. but if the company is just rebadge or copy dengan apa jua sekali pun, i think we cannot accept this kind of company.
true, in the case of Inspira it's not JV, but some agreement put in place. Globally manufacturers are working with each other these days to cut cost in many form. Some co-develop engine only, some share chassis, some buy engine and some rebadge.

rebadge and copy is two different things. Brabus rebadges mercs. Alpina rebadges BMW. Ruf & Gemballa rebadges Porsches. Wald rebadges Honda's, toyota's & VW's.
Holden, Vauxhall, Opel are all GM rebadges. KIA rebadges Mazda 121.
So can't accept these companies too? whoaa.. very high standard to meet for some people...

artworkz

500 RPM

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
simply say, most malaysian is not dun like rebadge or copy but is not like some company take advantage from tax and continue selling other company product as own. when u buy a inspira, u actually pay double of profit, 1 is go to proton, 1 is go to mitsubishi. if like that, why we need proton?
brabus, gemballa put luxury n power to their rebadge then proton is put thunder car on inspira. if all of u dun like me bash proton and u so like n proud of inspira, PLS DUN CHANGE UR BUMPER TO be LANCER or EVOX. stick to ur thunder cat grill!!! hope u keep thinking that u are driving a proton inspira not lancer when u saw ur steering thunder cat!!

advangt

advangt

Oct 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i don't understand what's the problem in the mind of person who bashing proton.what's wrong if proton rebadge mitsubishi lancer car? mitsubishi company don't have any problem proton rebadge their car.they already have an agreement together for a long time and they happy with it.they both got profit.we as the user will get a good quality,design and strong chassis car with a resionable price although it's not ori but hey..we all know it's still mitsubishi car maa.i don't have any problems with that.if u don't like proton rebadge lancer, u buy another proton original (not rebadge) car laa like persona,saga atau gen2 ke.proton still and will produce their own and original design car/engine in future maa. if this inspira selling with hot cakes i'll think proton wont have any problem to design & rebuild new car & engine .u must know that proton also pay tax to goverment.don't think only u who pay tax ok.

hilfi

Known Member

hilfi

Known Member
Mar 28, 2006
if this inspira-x is a re-badging of the evo X....and if the price is chear...surely i will get one! hehe..its the performance,looks and price tag that matter..not the name

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Actually the Inspira has some places that got improved over the Lancer GT.

If I own an Inspira, I would not rebadge it to a Lancer and become a wannabe and go with the masses. I will keep the ori badge or just debagde the car. Put in a set of custom bodykit instead of fitting in the GT or EvoX body parts and look like the ordinary. We have some really good body shop around and I believe they could come out with something that is nicer than the EvoX or GT look for the Inspira.

I feel numb & bored looking at all those GTs trying to look like EvoX and those Wira, Waja, trying so hard to look like EvoX...MyVi trying to be Toyota or Lexus.. =.='

I hope the R3 guys will come out with something that is different and I wish them all the best. I know they can do it.

Last edited:

E-CB3 - 666

Emperor

E-CB3 - 666

Emperor
Apr 25, 2006
Kuala Lumpur

Instacopy

Inspiranha

Inspirari

Inspirare

InspiraR3

Uninspired

2cent : wait till it drop its price like waja & perdana after 2 years then buy.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Instacopy

Inspiranha

Inspirari

Inspirare

InspiraR3

Uninspired

2cent : wait till it drop its price like waja & perdana after 2 years then buy.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

i don't understand what's the problem in the mind of person who bashing proton.what's wrong if proton rebadge mitsubishi lancer car? mitsubishi company don't have any problem proton rebadge their car.they already have an agreement together for a long time and they happy with it.they both got profit.we as the user will get a good quality,design and strong chassis car with a resionable price although it's not ori but hey..we all know it's still mitsubishi car maa.i don't have any problems with that.if u don't like proton rebadge lancer, u buy another proton original (not rebadge) car laa like persona,saga atau gen2 ke.proton still and will produce their own and original design car/engine in future maa. if this inspira selling with hot cakes i'll think proton wont have any problem to design & rebuild new car & engine .u must know that proton also pay tax to goverment.don't think only u who pay tax ok.
Why?

like a person who cheat in exam la, copy smart person ( Pass exam ) copy dumb ass ( fail exam )

like a person come to you : sells u ( So Called ) Original work of art (rolex ) for dirt price. ( like thet gonna Happens.

who compare bonia to hugo boss? coz bonia is local talent work not photocopy hugo boss ( originality in respect )

where is the effort of building cars? then proton cant be considered as car manufacturer, car bulider & of course proton wont be auto maker.

proton is car re-assembly company, car re-engineering company, car re-badge-ing company, re-style-ing company.

buy lotus also re-engineer car only, previously bought italian engine building company = go sell

campro proton 100% meh? not study from toyota vvti? tweak it?

better play lego set like that ok lor.

its only good for me when later its re-sale value after 2 years, then i buy it. thank proton for making me not buy proton(g) cars brand new ever again. i settle 4 their 2nd hand instead. ( super duper cheapo :burnout:.

honda

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel
normally a Jap Tuner Company will tune the performance car... now a car manufacturer do the job. =.=

honda

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel
those r car manufacturer in.house tuner, im refering to those third party tuner in japan.
u want to say R3 is another in.house tuner right? no problem, u can proud of it.

EGNINE

500 RPM

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
Wth does honda mean?
i also wanna know what does he mean....lol

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

those r car manufacturer in.house tuner, im refering to those third party tuner in japan.
u want to say R3 is another in.house tuner right? no problem, u can proud of it.
owh ye ke? LOL

how about Matspeed n Powerzone?

Last edited:

honda

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel
those r third party tuner... and?
wat u wanna say??

since evo 10 is there in the market, n they r using double-clutch gearbox.
n some other jap tuned version.
what do u expect in r3 inspira? a turbo kit. and? m afraid giving more space for criticism only.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
those r third party tuner... and?
wat u wanna say??

since evo 10 is there in the market, n they r using double-clutch gearbox.
n some other jap tuned version.
what do u expect in r3 inspira? a turbo kit. and? m afraid giving more space for criticism only.
err, i dont find anything with the conventional clutch system, do you? plus, the double clutch system is expensive to replace, not feasible for most people.

a turbo kit wud be nice, compared to the more expensive lancer, i wud like to have one if it does come charged, woohoo!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

whats the point in us being so negative about dis inspira anyway? its already in production, and just waiting to be sold off, heck people have been booking it early2 dah.. proton shud employ/get comments from these disagreeing people and take serious notes, as they have sum good points. although, lets keep things constructive shall we?

i like what R3 is doing btw, i hope they dont limit each versions to sum lil numbers

honda

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel
i think i'll give credit to SATRIA GTI n WAJA among all the ex product.
those rebadge r nothing to shout about. but GTI first badge is really something... on n on on also GTI last few badge also become slower dy...
heard those new r3 neo campro engine also couldnt beat GTI donno how many years engine.

waja, u'll feel it tough, spacious, good handling n comfort.
but proton din continue creating better car, but rebadge.
n its freaking expensive somore...

if r3 could produce something like EX SATRIA GTI standard, tat will be cool.

vvip

vvip

Oct 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
proton alrdy built their own design
gen2,persona,savy,waja,saga blm,exora..
cost to produce own design is expensive n they this model not selling in large volume.
so hard to cover back the rnd cost.so they opt to rebadge.
maybe its their new strategy..
high sell volume rnd itself,low volume sell rebadge..

n bout rebadge japanese,german,us car maker also do it.
ford laser,mazda 323 just to name a few...
but why only in malaysia they have "proud" issue?
FYI, Ford owned Mazda that's why they sharing their car platform and design.

Myself own an EvoX, Bolt on turbo won't be good on the 2.0 inspira, cvt tranny can't handle torque.
Copier can't beat the genuine, no matter how hard you try, it will still be a pretender.
The best would be for Proton to close down and decrease the import tax, that will benefits everyone and then " Now everyone can Own nice car".

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
close down proton? why the heck we wanna do dat sir? thousands of people are be gonna out of jobs, i know u dont care but dats against y tun M made proton in the first place.. is there any other good suggestions tak?

DanzEterna

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
FYI, Ford owned Mazda that's why they sharing their car platform and design.

Myself own an EvoX, Bolt on turbo won't be good on the 2.0 inspira, cvt tranny can't handle torque.
Copier can't beat the genuine, no matter how hard you try, it will still be a pretender.
The best would be for Proton to close down and decrease the import tax, that will benefits everyone and then " Now everyone can Own nice car".
u drive ori evo x not waja or wira converted evo x ah...hehe..:hmmmm:

honda

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel
close down proton? why the heck we wanna do dat sir? thousands of people are be gonna out of jobs, i know u dont care but dats against y tun M made proton in the first place.. is there any other good suggestions tak?
stop the corruption n sell it to VW. let them fully control the company.

but its impossible to happen.

vvip

vvip

Oct 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I don't see the need to employ thousand of people for simple job as copy and paste. Local proton cars are more expensive and less quality than those proton they export. That shows how much they care about Malaysian.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
I don't see the need to employ thousand of people for simple job as copy and paste. Local proton cars are more expensive and less quality than those proton they export. That shows how much they care about Malaysian.
dis one i need to agree with u sir, ive been asking sum of their employees the same question for years. the answer was short of being stupid, i wasnt satisfied, not a bit!!! "kita kena jaga kualiti barang2 export" was one of their answer, wtf was dat? and we dont need good quality cars? fcuk you laa!! err, hehe.. emo jap, hihi..

but i seriously think, the quality for malaysia market is top notch now with the new gen proton, kan? kan? are there any difference in the car quality ke between what we have here and exported proton cars ke now? from what ive seen, they have the same spec waja, satria gti with us in aussie. kan?

vvip

vvip

Oct 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Specs are the same, but quality and price aren't. Even after exchange rates and other country's import tax, stamp duty dealer's profit etc. it is still at least twice as cheap as what we pay for in Malaysia. Other words, price for 1 local proton = 2 export protons.
Government impose high import tax to protect local automotive makers, but PROTON selling the local made cars TWICE as expensive to Malaysian. LEACHING our money and yet giving us SHIT quality cars. And the best thing is we are all forced to buy it, because the government left us no choice.

Why after 25 years of making cars and yet not good enough to compete with other cars?
Answer is easy. There isn't any cars that can compete with 200% import tax imposed. Proton don't have to worry whether they can sell their car, because no matter how overprice or low quality they sell, we still have to buy it. When there is no competitions, there is no urge to improve. Just like StreamyX, no matter how slow or how often it disconnect, we still have to subscribe it right?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
Specs are the same, but quality and price aren't. Even after exchange rates and other country's import tax, stamp duty dealer's profit etc. it is still at least twice as cheap as what we pay for in Malaysia. Other words, price for 1 local proton = 2 export protons.
Government impose high import tax to protect local automotive makers, but PROTON selling the local made cars TWICE as expensive to Malaysian. LEACHING our money and yet giving us SHIT quality cars. And the best thing is we are all forced to buy it, because the government left us no choice.

Why after 25 years of making cars and yet not good enough to compete with other cars?
Answer is easy. There isn't any cars that can compete with 200% import tax imposed. Proton don't have to worry whether they can sell their car, because no matter how overprice or low quality they sell, we still have to buy it. When there is no competitions, there is no urge to improve. Just like StreamyX, no matter how slow or how often it disconnect, we still have to subscribe it right?
thank you for pointing dis out sir, although its very hard to swallow, its the truth nonetheless.. hopefully sum of the proton guys see this and do sumthing, anything to improve their quality ler, or at least the pricing

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

iam using P1 jer, satisfied ler so far..

aminnorrashid

aminnorrashid

Feb 13, 2008
i heard 4b11 turbo also will be use for next protons car. the manual book for workshop is in preparation. wish it will be come true.. hehe.. peace no war..

Known Member

Known Member
Jun 9, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
the inspira/mitsu mivec is just for continous valve timing change toward fuel saving or for valve lift/elevated control for higher engine output same as 80's mivec?

Last edited:

Crespo

Crespo

Nov 16, 2010
Taiping
Inspira X?should give extra package..4 port brembo caliper,bendix metal king brake pad,200hp(NA),carbon fiber bonet,turbo engine(300hp),gt spoiler,wide body,18 inc rims,..for RM122 000...ok la..he!he!

drift_devil05

1,500 RPM

drift_devil05

1,500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
www.zerotohundred.com
Inspira X?should give extra package..4 port brembo caliper,bendix metal king brake pad,200hp(NA),carbon fiber bonet,turbo engine(300hp),gt spoiler,wide body,18 inc rims,..for RM122 000...ok la..he!he!
wow... so early u dreaming ka?:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

i guess u can do the reservation at banbantan.com or at Waitlonglong.com
:stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid:

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
you must be joking.

i'm still struggling to comprehend the asking price for theNeo R3 Lotus Racing edition , and now you came up with this one. :biggrin:

option1978

Known Member

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
The R3 version of Inspira. Looks menacing.

Powertrain
Engine MIVEC Turbo, 4 Cylinder, DOCH 16V
Max Output (kw/rpm) 177/6000
Max Torque (Nm/rpm) 343/3000
Fuel Tank Capacity (Litre) 59

Performance
Maximum Speed (km/h) 232km/h
Acceleration (sec) 5.6
Fuel Consumption@90km (L/100km) 6.3L/100km

Chassis
Power Steering Hydraulic
Suspension (front/rear) Macpherson Strut with Stabiliser Bar / Multilink with Stabiliser Bar
Multilink with Stabiliser Bar
Brake (front/rear) 15" Vent Disc / 14" Solid Disc
Tyre Size 245/40/R18
Wheel Rim 18"X8J Alloy Wheels
Dimensions & Weight
Overall L x W x H (mm) 4570 x 1760 x 1490
Wheelbase (mm) 2635
Ground Clearance (mm) 140
Kerb Weight (kg) 1135

Seat & Door Trim Finishing Black Nappa & Black Luxvelvet RECARO
Sport Mode With Paddle Shifter
Day Running Lights