A high perfomance Inspira - Could R3 be working on a hardcore Inspira-X?

• Avatar Upload Issue Fixed! Have you been facing problems uploading avatars? Good news! it's fixed, so upload away!

akisendro

akisendro

May 14, 2009
haha .. bye bye mitsu's .... btw .. like to read all the bashers comment .. keep it up ... lol !

artworkz

500 RPM

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
inspira slogan should called "JUST LIKE LANCER ". simple, straight forward and bringing japanese car status/feel.
i think better than " SMART GAY GET IT"

ayap87

Known Member

ayap87

Known Member
Aug 7, 2009
auckland,nz
lolll at most of the comments....for those who condemning a lot...are u guys the mitsu lancer owners?? i feel sorry for u guys..

Spoonz

500 RPM

Spoonz

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
wow...this is great. at least average Malaysian can afford a mitsu lancer..and maybe evo x.

brian998

Known Member

brian998

Known Member
Feb 13, 2009
saw it at kesas highway few days ago. bumper was covered with black plastic, but light and body looks exactly the same with Mit Lancer. Proton Inspira 80k, change whole body 5k, 85k get lancer 10 look. Mit lancer = 120k, change body 5k, 125k......

kairigi

Known Member

kairigi

Known Member
Jan 20, 2010
Petaling Jaya
www.facebook.com
I'm guessing it's not going to be a big hit pricewise. The RM6XK Neo that was done by R3 Lotus had its price almost doubled, so for the top spec RM9XK Inspira, uhm, Rm180K?

Well it depends on what R3 does with it. Maybe its just like the R3 Neo, Just some interior and exterior improvements as well as light mods.

RM150K-180K is FD2R and CT9As price worth here.

This is just my assumation, feel free to debate about this.

AE75

Known Member

AE75

Known Member
Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I'm wondering why Mitsu throw this new technology engine and chassis to Proton? It should have something, maybe story will like Wira again? ~ Because Japanese are more intelligent in business!

zeus83

500 RPM

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
i was happy that proton have phased out the mitsu models, i mean starting to build cars from scratch (neo, gen 2, exora...etc) then they are back to "free lunch" with the inspira! :(

crazykatak

500 RPM

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
anything from Proton will sure get bashing. where's the sense of pride.. *sigh*

R3 keep up the good work!
perhaps Inspira will be on the grid for next year's Sepang 1000 KM :)

yehaaa! :)

kennyyeoh

Known Member

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
wooohooo... even tho evo is my least favorite sport sedan... that picture above is making me wanna go for one...dammit i dont care what you haterz say.. i seriously have nothing to lose.. lets hope they bring in a FQ-400 halfcut... i want some of that...

stan

Known Member

stan

Known Member
Nov 28, 2005
what happen proton??why duwan create by self??why copy n paste ...shame ..haizzz
hate ..!!

potssum

potssum

Jan 17, 2005
take make and developed a car right from scratch is far more expensive as they need to do a lots of RND. though by making "copy" yield a better economic sense. as earlier mention proton is not going to excel nor making much profit in this C car segment as many competitor like the honda civics mitsubishi lancer etc etc. As we all know proton is better of producing a cheap and affordable car like our beloved saga BLM. but to fill this gap proton need to comes up with a model that are able fill up this gap. this is where inspira kicks in.. although we are not proud in copying mitsu model we should be greateful as we are now able to assemble and have access to their technology!! love it or hate it i sure a lot of EVOX wannabes will be on our streets but they are not to blame as the car is theirs... and im pretty sure that we all agree it look beautiful!! looking forward to R3 version though!!! good work proton!! to all proton basher... come on... get a life.. no one force u to buy one... regards..... Civic fans

MDQ

Known Member

MDQ

Known Member
Jun 6, 2005
malaysia
Wiralution to Wajalution and now....
Here comes the
INSPIRALUTION X or shall we call it

EVO INSPIRALUTION X

stop mashing up proton and mitsubishi names its old school its lame and its not funny anymore, VERY lame. update yrself pls uncle

Known Member

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
I'm wondering why Mitsu throw this new technology engine and chassis to Proton? It should have something, maybe story will like Wira again? ~ Because Japanese are more intelligent in business!
its business thing... mitsu not sell good enough their lancer here, so at lease they sell it to proton (their technology, engine, gearbox part) to re badge their lancer.... everyone still making money mar... even halfcut shop start to bring lancer part now from japan...

Of course there will malaysia boleh again mar... can wait to see evo x halfcut to be fitted in inspira...

MaRvyn

Known Member

MaRvyn

Known Member
Nov 9, 2007
www.vixiousworks.com
Inspira-X ?? This is the biggest joke from Proton. ROFLMAO!! What a fucking douche bag.. Ppl in Proton knows nothing but knocking off ... pure craps...

3zz

Known Member

3zz

Known Member
Jan 18, 2009
proton alrdy built their own design
gen2,persona,savy,waja,saga blm,exora..
cost to produce own design is expensive n they this model not selling in large volume.
so hard to cover back the rnd cost.so they opt to rebadge.
maybe its their new strategy..
high sell volume rnd itself,low volume sell rebadge..

n bout rebadge japanese,german,us car maker also do it.
ford laser,mazda 323 just to name a few...
but why only in malaysia they have "proud" issue?

NeuroOne

WFH

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
even in this day and age of google, people still bash proton without even searching for any info about what proton-mitsu are doing, or platform sharing, or technology partner, or even barter trade...

kevii

kevii

Apr 18, 2006
lolll at most of the comments....for those who condemning a lot...are u guys the mitsu lancer owners?? i feel sorry for u guys..
--------------------

bro..its not about being an owner or not...

its after 25 years... its just a shame tht thy cant do better thn a rebadge...n futhermore...dont forget

its out tax payers money (yours, mine, our parents n all) funded into them all this while... and we end up with this rebadging exercise... makes u wonder what have they done wif all those money..

is this what u call a nation's pride n joy?

detomaso_runna

1,000 RPM

detomaso_runna

1,000 RPM
May 21, 2005
PeNAnG
www.friendster.com
--------------------

bro..its not about being an owner or not...

its after 25 years... its just a shame tht thy cant do better thn a rebadge...n futhermore...dont forget

its out tax payers money (yours, mine, our parents n all) funded into them all this while... and we end up with this rebadging exercise... makes u wonder what have they done wif all those money..

is this what u call a nation's pride n joy?
25yrs is quite young for car manufacturer bro. plus they own mitsu stocks. so once they produce car same like mitsu. they can start rnd.proton take wira then they produce waja and gen2. now inspira then only new model.

plus some of us should be glad. lancer gt is 123k while inspira 2.0cvt is 94k. i know i can affort both price. even more. but remember.... there are some of us that cant affort it. some might condemn but some will be grateful. proton shaved almost 30k from lancer price.

u wan lancer look? change front bumper. few thousands je kot. no biggie deal.

i bet.... some of people here condemn proton. but comfirm some of u guys own wira,waja,gen2 or mayb already book inspira.

for some yang condemn..... if u tak puas hati with proton. u want nice car. get la evo,subaru r35. bmw,merc. bentley. IF u can affort. if not just keep ur thoughts to urself.

peace and drive safe people :driver::biggrin:

MDQ

Known Member

MDQ

Known Member
Jun 6, 2005
malaysia
even in this day and age of google, people still bash proton without even searching for any info about what proton-mitsu are doing, or platform sharing, or technology partner, or even barter trade...
yea i agree with you, proton suck ballz

Last edited:

potssum

potssum

Jan 17, 2005
with the advanced of the internet people are still lacking in their research. they just throw their blunt statement without facts and figure. but i do share their views on this. being proton owner myself.. proton quality is wayyyy behind their competitor( what to do my pocket is not deep enough)... but if u cant make good car like toyota or honda try copy them nicely like produa are doing with their myvi and alza.. like i said b4, to start a new model... require a lot of funding ( you i and our parents money) so doesnt make sense if we are going to spent this money and at the end of the day they cant make much profit out from it. so if you guys haf a deep pocket get lancer evo X for those who wants the look go for inspira. for those who bought lancer just chill.. those car are JDM and will much sought after soon.. ( i hope). for proton haters.. keep up the good work, let proton know ya feeling :)

prelude76

prelude76

Oct 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
sebiji rupa evo X.. whatlah weh?

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

25yrs is quite young for car manufacturer bro. plus they own mitsu stocks. so once they produce car same like mitsu. they can start rnd.proton take wira then they produce waja and gen2. now inspira then only new model.

plus some of us should be glad. lancer gt is 123k while inspira 2.0cvt is 94k. i know i can affort both price. even more. but remember.... there are some of us that cant affort it. some might condemn but some will be grateful. proton shaved almost 30k from lancer price.

u wan lancer look? change front bumper. few thousands je kot. no biggie deal.

i bet.... some of people here condemn proton. but comfirm some of u guys own wira,waja,gen2 or mayb already book inspira.

for some yang condemn..... if u tak puas hati with proton. u want nice car. get la evo,subaru r35. bmw,merc. bentley. IF u can affort. if not just keep ur thoughts to urself.

peace and drive safe people :driver::biggrin:
no offence sir but, dont you thnk it looks exactly like evo X? i mean,i have nothng against proton, but at the very least, mod it lah, so it looks like a proton inspira instead of evo X.. like they did w putra wira,or satria..

advangt

advangt

Oct 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
with the advanced of the internet people are still lacking in their research. they just throw their blunt statement without facts and figure. but i do share their views on this. being proton owner myself.. proton quality is wayyyy behind their competitor( what to do my pocket is not deep enough)... but if u cant make good car like toyota or honda try copy them nicely like produa are doing with their myvi and alza.. like i said b4, to start a new model... require a lot of funding ( you i and our parents money) so doesnt make sense if we are going to spent this money and at the end of the day they cant make much profit out from it. so if you guys haf a deep pocket get lancer evo X for those who wants the look go for inspira. for those who bought lancer just chill.. those car are JDM and will much sought after soon.. ( i hope). for proton haters.. keep up the good work, let proton know ya feeling :)
yup i agree with u. don't think we pay tax only for proton.proton also pay tax to goverment maa..proton also need to pay salary to their staff..some middle income person who cannot affort to buy lancer also pay tax..now they can buy one although not ori.to the person who condemn proton ,do you buy proton cars or do you buy mitsubishi cars?i don't think you buy proton cars. think positive la bro..

jaymansion

Known Member

jaymansion

Known Member
Sep 29, 2008
"While we wait around and hunt for more information, here's a little something that Tom whipped up when we asked him how he thought the Inspira-X may look like, the man prefers to let his pictures do the talking, we hope he's right because that could just be the best looking Proton in a while."

Of course the picture is a photoCHOP one. I think he is trying to say how TOM is wishing the car will be looked alike(in a picture form). Cheers:driver:
so the guy thinks that the best looking inspira would be converting back to lancer evo front bumper?
sounds stupid.....

pangyau

1,000 RPM

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
New scenario:

Mits Lancer 2.0GT owner: Tauke R3 Body kit ada ka?

Shop: Ada boss... half-cut or fiber or Orginal or 2nd pun ada...harga boleh runding.

magnafluxion

magnafluxion

Jul 28, 2010
selangor
well at 1st me n my bud think this inspira is suck..cuz we both dont like copy..but when i lepak2 on the web..i found out some news..dint get much info though..say sumthing bout mitsubishi making a deal with proton or sumthing..mits took exora's chasis for experiment and they trade deals...sumthing2 like that..well correct me if im wrong..inspira with turbo??make it twin..hahaha

sache

Known Member

sache

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
its like buying China/Taiwan quality for Japan brand.

mirage-rs

Known Member

mirage-rs

Known Member
Jul 2, 2010
Kajang
touger.wordpress.com
dun see the problem... hate the car then buy other makes lorr....... it's a blessing for those who really wants a lancer GT or a platform to make into evo X or a proton with mitsu quality. Not everybody loves ORIGINALITY and not everybody have the same taste. Thats why we have ricers, classic n vintage, autoshow, VIPs, wira rally jungkit, k-car with all types of mods, original enthusiasts, then JDMers wannabe, vtec kakis, NA, turbo and euro cars... but they love cars... :driver:

camshaft

Known Member

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
i hate people copying other... i surely dont wanna buy it...

but hey! i'm malaysian and even i dont wanna buy it...i'm still ashamed what proton is doing here...rebadge a mitsu lancer and put a proton logo in it? what's the proud in it? let me put it this way...how would the japs felt if honda suddenly copying BMW M3 near 100% similarity on engine,interior and exterior...surely they r going to feel so ashamed of them self....so just can't understand how malaysian can feel proud about this mitsu-proton thing...the whole world will be laughing at proton...

yeah i know RnD is expensive...and time consuming...but i didn't see a honda,toyota or nissan copying others car during their 1st 25 of years building their brand name...they have their own model with their own looks and they r proud of it...

we want a car that we can be proud of...with our own identity...and our own technology...

Last edited:

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
the funny thing is now only i can hear all proton bashers ask proton to build its own car, so that they (the bashers) can be proud of proton but when proton produce their own car for example waja, gen2, neo,saga blm and persona, they (the bashers) are the one who bash proton gao gao like nobody business eventhough they dont own or test drive it themselves. typical malaysian - local product not good. imported product good. haiyooo~

camshaft

Known Member

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
acctly many of us own a proton...even i myself own a proton...we dont bash proton..but we just highlight most of the quality that we get out of our cars...i mean, who doesn't complain if we get faulty n cheap parts in our car? most of our complains are for the good of proton..so that they can improve on their quality...but instead of improving things...they decided to copy others manufacture hoping that the car doesn't have any defects like all the cars before...it's like your not good enough to do it yourself...so u start copying others people achievement...

the engineers at proton are not to be blame...because i heard they got a lot of idea's, creativity and things that they wanted to do...they r quite passion bout it...the problem lies in the top management...

Last edited:

EGNINE

500 RPM

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
i hate people copying other... i surely dont wanna buy it...

but hey! i'm malaysian and even i dont wanna buy it...i'm still ashamed what proton is doing here...rebadge a mitsu lancer and put a proton logo in it? what's the proud in it? let me put it this way...how would the japs felt if honda suddenly copying BMW M3 near 100% similarity on engine,interior and exterior...surely they r going to feel so ashamed of them self....so just can't understand how malaysian can feel proud about this mitsu-proton thing...the whole world will be laughing at proton...

yeah i know RnD is expensive...and time consuming...but i didn't see a honda,toyota or nissan copying others car during their 1st 25 of years building their brand name...they have their own model with their own looks and they r proud of it...

we want a car that we can be proud of...with our own identity...and our own technology...

from what u wrote my understanding is u said proton copy mitsu without their permission...

they dont copy but rebadge it with an aggreement , thats mean it is a lancer with proton badge...new technology transfer agreement after wira era...plus mitsu took our exora and persona chasis as their mitsu model in japan....

they already came out with their own design before such as gen2 n neo..no need to prove anymore bout their ability..its also not economic to develop new chasis for a small segment car market ... its just business nothing personel hehehe

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
I BET you if honda, toyota, nissan or whatever were to price their cars at protons price range and still give the same stuff they had...

The quality wouldnt be there :proud: . Proton for the money you pay you get quite a fair bit. At least it isnt so shitty 'till the point everytime you go on a long distance their blocks warp out of shape, or their driveshafts wear prematurely. If you do research on all the Japanese giants there ARE lemons that they made to experiment.

IF proton can go make a profit without making lemons, why not? You got to sacrifice something to gain something. Im only vouching for them now cause they're actually trying, they can just say "oh we use the waja's chassis for another 20 years, campro improve sampai really pro", they did that with the saga and look what happened. I think they learned that already :hmmmm: ....

You rebadge cars = complain. Sell cheap cars = complain. Sell it expensive = complain cause its Malaysian.

SO far the biggest lemons protons have made are the tiara + juara. The tiara is a good car but it was FAAAAAAR from reliable. The juara God only knows what they were thinking lah.

But really, the waja, persona, Gen-2 (later models), satria neo, exora are pretty good cars around the RM60k range. If someone were to give me one I would drive it and maintain it properly, its Malaysian. At least they didnt rebadge those right?

You cant get experience overnight, let proton TRY at least to get better. If in another 10 years they dont improve i'll join you guys on proton bashing kay? Sumpah :rofl:

Last edited: