Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

2.9 sec / 720ps / 770nm / 8,000rpm 3.9L V8 twin turbo / dry sump / 7 speed DCT / E-Diff / 1,400kg / 340kmh / RM1,178,000 before duty and options

Also revealed today is the recently spawned F8 spider, alongside the new 812 GTS spider SEA debut at Naza Italia's KL Ferrari showroom.

This new F8 Spider represents the Prancing Horse's latest stable of drop top stallions, which utilizes their new and compact RHT (Retractable Hard Top) architecture and as you've noticed on the 812 GTS, can substantially influence a Ferrari spider's physique, so it is more comprehensive than just wiring a couple of motors and a roof chop.

For reference sake, this F8 spider replaces the older 488 spider and pushes 50ps more, however it is still half a step behind the more extreme 488 Pista race horse. Also 20kg heavier naturally.

The 720ps / 770nm mid-rear-engined drop-top F8 continues to be propelled by Ferrari's most successful V8, but now include goodies from the 488 Pista's engine weight reduction programme. It'd shaved 18kg off the 488 spider's engine, even reduced rotational mass by employing titanium conrods, crankshaft and flywheel for starters.

They've also utilized the 488 Challenge's inconel exhaust manifold to further cut weight by 9.7kg.
Speaking of exhaust, the F8 Spider is said to feature its own V8 soundtrack via extensively tuned extractor plumbing.

This V8TT features Ferrari's "Wall Effect" rev limiter whereby instead of gradually cutting the rpms toward redline, the "Wall Effect" limiter allow full vigour of its rpm range and will stop the revs dead at 8,000 before the next gear, which Ferrari claims could improve straight line acceleration, therefore better laptimes.

The F8 spider's RHT Retractable Hard Top is similar to that of the 812 GTS, which work at speeds below 45kmh, take 14 secs to open and feature 2 provocative mounds on the tonneau cover. There's a lot going on in the rear of the F8 spider as promised by the RHT effort, even includes motorsport swan-neck inspired tonneau cover fins, which flow rearwards.

If you're keen, the F8 spider will be available for private viewing from now till 31 May 2020 at the Ferrari Malaysia Showroom

Ferrari F8 Spider Technical Specifications

Engine

• Type V8 - 90° - turbo – dry sump
  • Overall displacement 3902 cc
  • Max. power output* 720 cv (530 kW) @ 8000 rpm
  • Max. torque* 770 Nm @ 3250 rpm
  • Specific power output 185 cv/l
  • Max. revs 8000 rpm
  • Compression ratio 9.6:1
Dimensions and weight

• Length 4611 mm
  • Width 1979 mm
  • Height 1206 mm
  • Wheelbase 2650 mm
  • Front track 1677 mm
  • Rear track 1646 mm
  • Dry weight** 1400 kg
  • Weight distribution 41.5% front – 58.5% rear
  • Boot capacity 200 l
  • Fuel tank capacity 78 l
Tyres

• Front 245/35 ZR 20 J9.0
  • Rear 305/30 ZR 20 J11.0
Brakes

• Front 398 x 223 x 38 mm
  • Rear 360 x 233 x 32 mm
Transmission and gearbox

7-speed, dual-clutch F1 gearbox

Electronic controls

E-Diff3, F1-Trac, high performance ABS/EBD with Ferrari Pre-Fill, FrS SCM-E, FDE+, SSC 6.1

Performance

• 0-100 km/h 2.90 s
  • 0-200 km/h 8.2 s
  • Max. speed 340 km/h

Last edited:
Reactions: minibeany

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
New wallpaper!

And LHD?
great, let me know if this resolution works? There could be some compression upon upload

yeah LHD because this and the 812 gts are SEA tour units, leaving end may to somewhere else, sg maybe?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
great, let me know if this resolution works? There could be some compression upon upload

yeah LHD because this and the 812 gts are SEA tour units, leaving end may to somewhere else, sg maybe?
Reso is fine. It's for the phone afterall not a massive 24" monitor. haha

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Reso is fine. It's for the phone afterall not a massive 24" monitor. haha
Do you think there's audience for wallpapers? Wondering if I should get a topic going on say, a daily wallpaper post

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Do you think there's audience for wallpapers? Wondering if I should get a topic going on say, a daily wallpaper post
You're gonna get the wallpaper stolen very often for sure. But Yes I think you'd have the audience.

Reactions: Tom

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I wonder why Ferrari chose silver... feels boring to me. Yawn.

Sure, red may be overdone. But silver is so boring. It’s what bare metal look like. Maybe it’s the carbon fiber body pretending to be a metal body.

Could have went with a shade of yellow maybe. Blue. ‍♂

• Love
Reactions: Tom

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Sure, red may be overdone. But silver is so boring. It’s what bare metal look like. Maybe it’s the carbon fiber body pretending to be a metal body.

I agree, silver like no oomph...... :driver:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

i'd prefer a fancier shade as well, at least for the photos
noticed this same silver spider was used in the european region debuts

the blue came last year but in coupe form:

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
That blue is nice, and nice touch in the blue suit by I forgot his name.

I realize loud colors is a Lamborghini thing, but I’d sooner take a shade of grey (apparently there are 50 shades) over silver. Maybe you can ask them why, and hear their rationale. If the marketing rep can’t concoct a valid story, you should tell their boss to fire the rep and hire me. Hahaha

nw111

Known Member

nw111

Known Member
Feb 13, 2018
Terra dei Motori

If I remember correctly, this silver (Argento Nurburgring) was a homage to Silver Arrows Mercedes (which itself a bare metal). They even offer British Racing Green colour (Verde British).

Like the blue as well but prefer a bit lighter shade (something like Smarties/French/Gordini blue).

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
If I remember correctly, this silver (Argento Nurburgring) was a homage to Silver Arrows Mercedes (which itself a bare metal). They even offer British Racing Green colour (Verde British).

Like the blue as well but prefer a bit lighter shade (something like Smarties/French/Gordini blue).
assuming you’re right, exactly what I said, bare metal. Ferrari must have ran out of colors, or rather, inspiration for colors. That’s just lazy imo.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

From the topic above...beside upgrading 1 set Ultra Racing bars and coil-over suspension, how to compete with satria gti handling? :driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience