7 Gen Fuel Pump

shaharel

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
Dear All,

Do you know where I can find 7 gen fuel pump? How much would be the cost?

shaharel

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
I have the oem fuel pump taken out from my car... you want??
How old is the pump? Mine year 1999. So pump not enough power to coupe the mods.

Bump:
How old is the pump? Mine year 1999. So pump not enough power to coupe the mods.

Bump:

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
your stock pump is not enough coz of your mods?? then you will need to upgrade your pump and not use back oem pump.... btw, the only way you gonna need bigger pump is if you go fi....

shaharel

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
your stock pump is not enough coz of your mods?? then you will need to upgrade your pump and not use back oem pump.... btw, the only way you gonna need bigger pump is if you go fi....
Ya.. The mechanic that tuned my my car did advise to upgrade the fuel pump to Walbro. But they don't have a 1 to 1 replacement pump for walbro and some modification will have to be done. That's is why I'm still holding changing the pump. Is there any after market pump that design to fit like the original pump?

shaharel

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
Dear All,

I had manage to tune the car today in Sunway. Found out that the pump is working just fine. Now the hp after dyno 158hp on wheel. So, quite good eh... Dunno why the previous mechanic saying that my pump not working well. Actually the pump is working perfectly!

shaharel

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
158 on wheel is bad for your car

we get 170-180 on wheel
On wheel??? Are you sure?? The car standard rated hp already 180hp on the flywheel. How can you get 170 - 180 on wheel??? Mods??

Bump:
On wheel??? Are you sure?? The car standard rated hp already 180hp on the flywheel. How can you get 170 - 180 on wheel??? Mods??
You all also can refer to this website the standard hp after dyno. http://www.dragtimes.com/Toyota-Celica-Timeslip-8913.html

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
bone stock is about 155-160whp for manual.... auto is about 135whp...... some mild bolt on mod will get you to 170whp easily.... there are a few 6speed out there with more than 200whp already....

shaharel

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
bone stock is about 155-160whp for manual.... auto is about 135whp...... some mild bolt on mod will get you to 170whp easily.... there are a few 6speed out there with more than 200whp already....
Since I bought this car second hand, so I don't know what mods had been done. What I can see only exhaust system HKS (back only) and intake mushroom HKS. So I don't think the gain is so much. Off course I'll slowly do the mods later and my target is to get 190hp on wheel with N/A engine as I hate turbo / force induction.

Any recommendation what should I mod to get the target hp above? No force induction pls.

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
190whp NA? not easy lor... with our ultra hot air temp here and RON97 fuel.... and you will need lots and lots of cash too..... we are talking RM30k to RM40k here..... that will get you near to 190whp.... BUT.... with this amount of money, you could go boosted with a built engine and easily get 400whp..... :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Survey - Lifestyle, Brand, Luxury Car Brands

Hi Guys,

Just working on a survey to gather some data for work (am working in the ad industry, don't worry, it's for quantifiable justification reasons only, no personal data will be recorded or tracked, nor will be release to public nor published anywhere).

The questions mainly cover lifestyle, brand perception & values and luxury car brands.

There's 21 pages (don't panic) as the questions were spread out to only 1 - 4...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience