7 Facts about the Ford Mustang Sold in Malaysia

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
When you are giving price list in the US, you must aware that the Mustang is a local car there, and the R35 is an import, thus the more expensive price tag of the R35 there.
But when both cars are an import (such as in Malaysia), the price difference should be reduced.
However, I do agree that the Mustang is overpriced here in this country.
Totally agree. Way over priced even though it is imported. I am not American muscle car fan other than Corvette. But recently, the new line of Camaro & Mustang have been really impressive. Ford and Chevy were brand enemy for a long long time. Recently they have up their game. Camaro has the SS, LT1 & ZL1. Ford has the GT, 350 & 350R. Horsepower is off the roof. 500, 600 horsepower stock. Dry sump, carbon fiber wheels, flat plane crank, magneto-rheological (MR) suspension. All those for less than USD 70K (Price of a loaded BMW 3 series). Not bad at all. Too bad road tax will be pretty bad in Malaysia even if the car is affordable.

Reactions: alcyon

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I heard this car handles really well, in the showroom.
I can play this game!

I heard this car is really stable, staying still in the showroom.

Aug 20, 2018
It looks better but it's way overpriced in here. This Mustang at the highest spec (the 5.0 GT) is still under USD40k while the R35 is already around USD100k? So the Stang is supposed to be less than half the price of R35 but then here the price difference between the two is a lot closer than that, so that's why IMHO not worth it. Like the article implied, the Mustang is and has always been a more affordable sports car but here it becomes almost a high end one comparatively. This is similar case to the Toyota GT86.
We have to understand that the mustang is a true muscle car from the states and over there it's just another mustang but here is rare to see such a car.If you convert the 40k USD to Malaysian ringgit + shipping fee + import tax also add up to the price they are selling ady lo

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
We have to understand that the mustang is a true muscle car from the states and over there it's just another mustang but here is rare to see such a car.If you convert the 40k USD to Malaysian ringgit + shipping fee + import tax also add up to the price they are selling ady lo
Hahahahaha

Wait. You’re serious?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Reactions: alcyon and Izso

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The toughest woman in the world of DTM has come a long way from her humble beginnings in go-karts. Susie Stoddart then moved up to Formula Renault and then Formula 3 before finally landing behind the wheel of a DTM-prepped Mercedes-Benz C-Class for the factory team in the DTM since 2006.

Recently, she got to spend some time behind the wheel of an...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience