67 Mercedes Benz brake help needed

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
I have a 67 M-B Model 200 that needs a lot of work. Does anybody knows if the front calipers can be changed with any of the 80's Model 200 calipers?

Any help from any of the more knowledgable members would be most appreciated.

Or does anyone know of a good parts shop that might have brake service parts for this oldtime car? I really don't know what to do with this old thing.

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
Not anywhere near PJ, unfortunately. Any chance you can ask him when you visit him next? I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
He said, even very old merz, oso can service the caliper. if really no any service kit, he oso can get other merz(ATE) caliper to match into ur car... thats just according to his experience in repairing the old merz & old bmw...

try to ask for service kit 1st b4 get another set of caliper...

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
Thanks, guy. I will try to get the service kit thought I am not sure where I can get them. I know most if not every caliper can be serviced but the problem is getting that kit. One problem is that the caliper has next to no markings which makes identifying it really difficult.

Does your mechanic know which other Mercedes' caliper might fit? I might have to go that route. I am thinking I might just buy a cheap '80s Model 200 and put almost the whole front end into this car. It is driving me nuts.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Thanks, guy. I will try to get the service kit thought I am not sure where I can get them. I know most if not every caliper can be serviced but the problem is getting that kit. One problem is that the caliper has next to no markings which makes identifying it really difficult.

Does your mechanic know which other Mercedes' caliper might fit? I might have to go that route. I am thinking I might just buy a cheap '80s Model 200 and put almost the whole front end into this car. It is driving me nuts.
i think this oso a very best way for u...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The 2013 Formula One season could see a change in the layout of the engines used and the FIA will convene in less than a week to vote on the engine layout to be used for that season onwards.

Those with the smarts might want to put their money on a 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder mill to take over from the current 2.4-liter V8. The report...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience