4WD drifting

Autoracingsyndicate

Autoracingsyndicate

Sep 1, 2004
Originally posted by Keng+Sep 13 2004, 04:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Keng @ Sep 13 2004, 04:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-e39a@Sep 13 2004, 02:25 PM
Sifu John has spoken....
dis sifu hasn't :rolleyes: :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
:D Now sifu keng has spoken clearly..... :lol:

Keng

Known Member

Keng

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by Autoracingsyndicate+Sep 13 2004, 05:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Autoracingsyndicate @ Sep 13 2004, 05:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Keng@Sep 13 2004, 04:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-e39a
@Sep 13 2004, 02:25 PM
Sifu John has spoken....

dis sifu hasn't :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:D Now sifu keng has spoken clearly..... :lol: [/b][/quote]
i meant e39a ler <_< ........ :D

e39a,
taiko ...long time didn't hear from u ler... :)

signal,
hehehe......i dont' dare ler dude...ders alot of sifu aroudn here... :P

leviathan

Known Member

leviathan

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
selangor
Visit site
eh... guys don't put me on da table la.... saw with my own eyes one.

have a friend, last time cannot drift at all, drive a AWD perdana.

he keep trying but car keep understeering... told him he need set up mar....
so he put chekai tyres behind, now can drift already lor... slow speed also can wor

e39, whens your turn ar???

e39a

500 RPM

e39a

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
OZ
Visit site
signal,
me no sifu.....just noob, like u also la....

keng,
bro, how's life man? long time also never hear from u....i'm now hiding under some coconut shell la...hehe....

lev,
my turn ar? looks like never la.....i've retired...... :(

:)

e39a

500 RPM

e39a

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
OZ
Visit site
btw, some 4wd saloons ie:mitsus are based on ff, so they have a tendency for understeering...IMHO,

like subarus, i'd reckon there's less under, and jgtc scoobys are fr, IHMO also la...

dun flame me ok....juz my 0.002yen worth....so not worth it at all....hehe...

MetalZone

Known Member

MetalZone

Known Member
Mar 27, 2004
Ipoh/Semenyih
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Originally posted by e39a@Sep 14 2004, 02:01 PM
btw, some 4wd saloons ie:mitsus are based on ff, so they have a tendency for understeering...IMHO,

like subarus, i'd reckon there's less under, and jgtc scoobys are fr, IHMO also la...

yeap... JGTC scooby's are FR's. all the Celica's there are also FR's.

glee

Known Member

glee

Known Member
i think the best drifter in a 4wd is definitely ivan khong. did you guys see him drifting his WRX during the proton SSO events? he came in 2nd place next to zee.

i think he and his bro ian have been drifting for more than 10 years already using toyotas. pity he doesnt have an FR car currently.

and i also think most people have forgotten that his dad yskhong is the original malaysian drifter in the AE86 in the 80's.

moppy

Known Member

moppy

Known Member
Feb 9, 2004
Hmm, I read that article b4, so long,...

New generation EVO5 up the power distribution front n rear are 50% - 50%
Not sure about EVO4 and except those has ACD fitted.

Evo 1, 2, n 3, power distribution is 40%-60%

Rally car not really know, some said 30%-70%, to 40%-60%, depends on the race location. That's the trick.

glee

Known Member

glee

Known Member
WRC cars run electronic diffs, that can adjust drive depending on conditions.

the current evos also have electronic control over their diffs, and the STi's can adjust manually from front to back.

someone earlier mentioned that 4wd cars like the evo and rex are understeery, which is true. They basically handle like FWD cars, but have a lot more grip, and are easier to recover from "scary situations". But anyways.. the new generation of cars starting even from the evo6 are practically understeer proof.

glee

Known Member

glee

Known Member
Originally posted by MetalZone+Sep 14 2004, 19:01 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MetalZone @ Sep 14 2004, 19:01 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-e39a@Sep 14 2004, 02:01 PM

yeap... JGTC scooby's are FR's. all the Celica's there are also FR's. [/b][/quote]
All cars in the JGTC are FR, because the rules specify that.

Kenboy

Known Member

Kenboy

Known Member
Apr 23, 2004
its not that difficult to make a 4WD oversteer. its all in the setup. the difficult part is the owner of the arse that is in the driver's seat.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
as i was returning home last nite, suddenly there was a "clunk-clunk" sound continuously the higher i rev the higher the sound become & also my steering becomes heavy.......i tot farked man, not my gearbox again........or worst timing belt putus........so then i searched for the problem & sound....finally found it....my crank pulley was wobbling....& the screw attached to it (the 1 need to open when changing the auxilary belts & timing belt) was cracked.........

so wat could the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience