4G94 Mivec

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
qme..well...if u have any plan to install high cam later on i suggest u not to use 4g94.....

but if u plan to keep it stock and only fine tuning the ECU-stock camshaft function and daily ride then u can go for it...but don't expect that it can rev higher than your current setup and reliable at the same time........or else u might risk to premature failure of crank bearing/conrod itself....

thats my opinion :adore:

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
Whats the point of building 4g94 mivec when 4g93 engine havent reach its maximum potential ? The difference between great 4g93 and the normal 4g93 depends on hp they achieved.

Until now I havent see 4g93 that reach my HP which is 208whp without race fuel. PPL talk about
4g94 but the dont realised the downside that engine have,,,extra long stroke means low revving and unsuitable for race cam that markets have.
may i know how high standard bottom 4g93 can safely rev without balanced engine and forged internal?tq

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Wonder if anyone of you modded the mivec terbalik (transverse engine on CK4A/CJ4A/coltR) engine.

I rode and owned a stock Lancer CK manual tranny for few years & it has lots of potential..

Gear Ratio much better than B16A EK4

qme9019

Known Member
May 20, 2005
malaysia
qme..well...if u have any plan to install high cam later on i suggest u not to use 4g94.....

but if u plan to keep it stock and only fine tuning the ECU-stock camshaft function and daily ride then u can go for it...but don't expect that it can rev higher than your current setup and reliable at the same time........or else u might risk to premature failure of crank bearing/conrod itself....

thats my opinion :adore:
alright thank you for your precious opinion !

but i will push all teh way to the limit for this convertion

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Wonder if anyone of you modded the mivec terbalik (transverse engine on CK4A/CJ4A/coltR) engine.

I rode and owned a stock Lancer CK manual tranny for few years & it has lots of potential..

Gear Ratio much better than B16A EK4
sorry forget to mention i'm doing this to terbalik engine. CK4 for Waja

kairigi

Known Member
Jan 20, 2010
Petaling Jaya
www.facebook.com
4G94 is SOHC right? Doing a 4G92 Mivec hybrid, compression ratio have to take in consideration.. plus i dont think the engine can rev till 8K RPM+, since the engine internals are bigger.. and power wise, 200HP is possible with the right tuner and the right items..

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
alright thank you for your precious opinion !

but i will push all teh way to the limit for this convertion

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

sorry forget to mention i'm doing this to terbalik engine. CK4 for Waja
Mind telling your halfcut is from CK4A (Lancer 4 doors -wheelbase like evo4-Evo6) or CJ4A (Lancer 2 doors or hatchback like Putra). Manual or auto?

For manual tranny, both ratio are different for CJ4A & CK4A, in which CJ4A more superior (from my experience)

Ratio vs speed for CJ4A would be as follows:

Gear 1 = 62kmh, redlined 83++ rpm
Gear 2 = 102kmh, redlined 83++ rpm
Gear 3 = 160kmh, redlined 83++ rpm
Gear 4 = 195kmh (sometimes 200kmh-depends on load - RSM readings), redlined 83++ rpm
Gear 5 = 237kmh flat. Seems power cut there at 7200rpm. Top end power quite strong. torque still available.

Much better than my Euro R H22A-R last time.

It's also much better than stock Mivec CA4A. 5%-10% better than Mivec CA4A 1.8 (forget what modded inside but definitely not highly modded)

Get a sets of wild cams would assist at low-end & mid-range power as top-end power not too much to worry.

ECU hard to reflash. Even Charlie Matspeed cannot do it (that was few years back. Now not sure).
Customised cams maybe Charlie able to do it for you.

That was the findings and conclusion from me after driving it from 2000-2005.

u can buy the lighter flywheel somewhere in Sunway. Other parts is you really keen on modding, need to goggle since it's already old model now.

kairigi

Known Member
Jan 20, 2010
Petaling Jaya
www.facebook.com
My CJ4A non-mivec auto gearbox is a good ratio for turbos, though the stock SOHC 4G93 redlines at a sad 6500RPM..

1st - 60kmh
2nd - 108kmh
3rd - 160kmh
4 - 200++ kmh because my engine not strong enough :D

qme9019

Known Member
May 20, 2005
malaysia
Mind telling your halfcut is from CK4A (Lancer 4 doors -wheelbase like evo4-Evo6) or CJ4A (Lancer 2 doors or hatchback like Putra). Manual or auto?

For manual tranny, both ratio are different for CJ4A & CK4A, in which CJ4A more superior (from my experience)

Ratio vs speed for CJ4A would be as follows:

Gear 1 = 62kmh, redlined 83++ rpm
Gear 2 = 102kmh, redlined 83++ rpm
Gear 3 = 160kmh, redlined 83++ rpm
Gear 4 = 195kmh (sometimes 200kmh-depends on load - RSM readings), redlined 83++ rpm
Gear 5 = 237kmh flat. Seems power cut there at 7200rpm. Top end power quite strong. torque still available.

Much better than my Euro R H22A-R last time.

It's also much better than stock Mivec CA4A. 5%-10% better than Mivec CA4A 1.8 (forget what modded inside but definitely not highly modded)

Get a sets of wild cams would assist at low-end & mid-range power as top-end power not too much to worry.

ECU hard to reflash. Even Charlie Matspeed cannot do it (that was few years back. Now not sure).
Customised cams maybe Charlie able to do it for you.

That was the findings and conclusion from me after driving it from 2000-2005.

u can buy the lighter flywheel somewhere in Sunway. Other parts is you really keen on modding, need to goggle since it's already old model now.
I'm not sure which model it come from , due to last time budget was tight i just get a engine kosong .

Many thing are rojak inside my car .

Thank you for your advice . will google for more performance parts!

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
My CJ4A non-mivec auto gearbox is a good ratio for turbos, though the stock SOHC 4G93 redlines at a sad 6500RPM..

1st - 60kmh
2nd - 108kmh
3rd - 160kmh
4 - 200++ kmh because my engine not strong enough :D
Later your gearbox sure cannot tahan !

Dec 22, 2009
orlando,FL
Hi I think you should scrap the 4g94 mivec and go with a the 4g69 mivec from the rallyart, outklander or eclipse i"m not sure how easy is to find that engine in your contry but alot of the guys from P.R are scraping there 4g93 & 4g94 proyects and going with the 4g69. the 4g69engine from stock produce 162hp and requiers very little modification to make it work in the lancers here is a pic of the engine in a cj lancer

here is a link to another cj with the 4g69 swap & stock
http://www.theracersshop-pr.com/vid-10/ponce/08-20-2010/Sequence%2006.wmv

good luck !!!!!!!!!1

qme9019

Known Member
May 20, 2005
malaysia
Hi I think you should scrap the 4g94 mivec and go with a the 4g69 mivec from the rallyart, outklander or eclipse i"m not sure how easy is to find that engine in your contry but alot of the guys from P.R are scraping there 4g93 & 4g94 proyects and going with the 4g69. the 4g69engine from stock produce 162hp and requiers very little modification to make it work in the lancers here is a pic of the engine in a cj lancer

here is a link to another cj with the 4g69 swap & stock
http://www.theracersshop-pr.com/vid-10/ponce/08-20-2010/Sequence%2006.wmv

good luck !!!!!!!!!1
Bro ! thank you for your good information provide by you! but at here very hard to get those engine! anyway i will note about this and will post up here when the project start at my hometown to show you guys here !!

Merry Christmas to all forumer here! have a joyful night !~

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
we have play with 4G94 mivec.. there's 2 type of hybriding 4G94 mivec.

1st - using whole 4G94 engine bawah + mivec head
2nd - using 4G93 block & conrod with 4G94 crankshaft.

yes, i wont rev like 4G92 mivec (9000-9800rpm) but with a great set-up, u still can achieve 8500++rpm with 4G94 crankshaft. u may lost 1000rpm, but u gain 200cc. with proper gear ratio (due to different torque curve), u surely will smoke 4G93 mivec.

it's a nice project to try. what u need to remember is, longer stroke + short 4G93 conrod = higher load at cylinder wall. imagine how the position of conrod while your crankshaft at 270degree. this is the most critical point. we have made the rod became 'S', and the cylinder wall broken before this project success. hehehee... another thing is, u need to play with the compression correctly. since the stroke now a lot longer, the compression will become a lot higher. maybe the hi-cam with longer overlap duration will help to release some dynamic compression pressure to prevent knocking. depend on your set-up. R&D is most important here.

selamat mencuba.. :biggrin:

qme9019

Known Member
May 20, 2005
malaysia
we have play with 4G94 mivec.. there's 2 type of hybriding 4G94 mivec.

1st - using whole 4G94 engine bawah + mivec head
2nd - using 4G93 block & conrod with 4G94 crankshaft.

yes, i wont rev like 4G92 mivec (9000-9800rpm) but with a great set-up, u still can achieve 8500++rpm with 4G94 crankshaft. u may lost 1000rpm, but u gain 200cc. with proper gear ratio (due to different torque curve), u surely will smoke 4G93 mivec.

it's a nice project to try. what u need to remember is, longer stroke + short 4G93 conrod = higher load at cylinder wall. imagine how the position of conrod while your crankshaft at 270degree. this is the most critical point. we have made the rod became 'S', and the cylinder wall broken before this project success. hehehee... another thing is, u need to play with the compression correctly. since the stroke now a lot longer, the compression will become a lot higher. maybe the hi-cam with longer overlap duration will help to release some dynamic compression pressure to prevent knocking. depend on your set-up. R&D is most important here.

selamat mencuba.. :biggrin:
Thank you for your time to reply here .

So base on the option above which hybrid are you think is the best to choose from ? and performance wise ? big different .
so the two option above what hp does roughly do you think can reach ?

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
Thank you for your time to reply here .

So base on the option above which hybrid are you think is the best to choose from ? and performance wise ? big different .
so the two option above what hp does roughly do you think can reach ?
for me, the best is using 4G93 block & conrod with 4G94 crackshaft. the problem with using 4G94 block is, it's tall n u need to use the 4G94 conrod too and this conrod is quite thin. not suitable with highrev + high compression. the only advantage with this setup is it will generate less load on cylinder wall. i used to know one mivec with 4G93 block + 4G94 crankshaft, stock mivec ECU (rechipped) + VAFC, stock mivec intake achieve 220bhp on wheel with very hi torque (dyno dynamic) :biggrin:.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all the sifus around need some advise on this particular problem im facing from my CPS engine. Im getting this weird clicking sound from the engine bay whenever I rev. The clicking sound gets faster when I rev abit more. When i open up the bonnet I realize the sound is coming some near the timing belt or below. Deeply appreciate to those that can help me on this.

FYI, engine is still under warranty.

Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience