4G93 DOHC with intake and exhaust reversed?

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Looks like a lot of work to do for the sake of slight improvements. I wonder if the engine mounting needs to be customized or just plug and play?

Having your oil constantly getting heated by an extractor directly under the oilpan and removing that problem in a race isn't exactly 'slight improvements' la haha.

Heat is always the hardest thing to manage. Why would he need to modify the engine mounts? He didn't shift the engine at all, just made it flow backwards.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Having your oil constantly getting heated by an extractor directly under the oilpan and removing that problem in a race isn't exactly 'slight improvements' la haha.

Heat is always the hardest thing to manage. Why would he need to modify the engine mounts? He didn't shift the engine at all, just made it flow backwards.
So, that is the reason why people wrap their extractors. To reduce heat soak on the engine bay. But like you said, in a race. If this is for daily use, I don't think it is worth the effort to go such lengths unless the owner have loads of money.

You're right with the mounting question. He only played with the cylinder head, not the block. Mountings are connected to the block and gearbox right?

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
So, that is the reason why people wrap their extractors. To reduce heat soak on the engine bay. But like you said, in a race. If this is for daily use, I don't think it is worth the effort to go such lengths unless the owner have loads of money.

You're right with the mounting question. He only played with the cylinder head, not the block. Mountings are connected to the block and gearbox right?
Yeah that's also the reason why thermal coatings to disperse or trap heat, wraps, reflective tape, heatshields, and venting all exist...

If you drive hard often and you have the money, it actually does make sense haha. Anyways he can afford a Mivec 93, whoever owns the car is decently well to do I assume.

Yes mounts are only connected to the block and GB.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But he did change the block too. If you look at the top radiator hose, it is going to the back of the engine at the firewall

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
But he did change the block too. If you look at the top radiator hose, it is going to the back of the engine at the firewall
If he is using CK block, then the gearbox position should be on the driver side instead of passenger side. :confused:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Nope, that is not a CK head. Initially I thought so too but after looking carefully, I found out that the head (valve cover) is from the old 4G9 series not the new 'terbalik' version.

Here, look at this area that I highlighted. There is this gap area to accommodate the plug cables in the earlier 4G9 series engine.

But it is not present in the CK series of 4G9 engines.

the pink color engine bay, how they hide all those wiring, piping ....etc. Look clean :listen:
is it all hide under/inside the car frame...what if need to do troubleshooting
i still prefer look at wiring, cables, piping and scratch my head. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
the pink color engine bay, how they hide all those wiring, piping ....etc. Look clean :listen:
is it all hide under/inside the car frame...what if need to do troubleshooting
i still prefer look at wiring, cables, piping and scratch my head. :biggrin:
Maybe all the auxiliary parts for the engine are taken out? Like this is a track car... No power steering, no air cond, battery relocated to other place? Hence less wiring?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
the pink engine is CK version.. then they mate it the whole engine with CA gearbox (normal wira/satria layout)....and use back the CA version normal valve cover.....just to play eye trick on you guys.... :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi to all i'm using waja 1.8 changed to 4g93 ck2a enjin. i bought half cut for 8.5k ,bought spare parts ard 4k and labour charge and wiring charge 2.5k...after they finish pasang my enjin found out the problems oil pump is not functioning,so i went to half cut shop they said they were not warranty for this problem,shit i have to spend RM350 for an oil pump and overhaule the enjin cost me another 2k..blower not function and cooling coil gas leaking ,spend RM500, finally my car done , exhaust...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience